SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

Hi! ty for your guide! is awsome!

I have some questions,

1) I used a lvl 90 Templar to make it, with my 5 more skill points y taked Heart of Oak and Ballistic Masteri notables, is that optimal? what do you think?.

2) In chest, I use a Tabula Rasa, and all my another gear are EVA, is it good or I need to use armor instead?.

3) for last, Is a 5l Cloack of flame much better than my tabula?, if yes, what gems I need to put in it?

TY very much for this nice guide and your patience!.

"
AlfreX wrote:
Hi! ty for your guide! is awsome!

I have some questions,

1) I used a lvl 90 Templar to make it, with my 5 more skill points y taked Heart of Oak and Ballistic Masteri notables, is that optimal? what do you think?.

2) In chest, I use a Tabula Rasa, and all my another gear are EVA, is it good or I need to use armor instead?.

3) for last, Is a 5l Cloack of flame much better than my tabula?, if yes, what gems I need to put in it?

TY very much for this nice guide and your patience!.

After level 85 there are a few options in the skill tree that all work well. It is completely up to you which you take, but I can't guarantee anything is best. I'm leveling in bloodlines with the build right now so it will be a while before I reach 90.

Ballistic Mastery is really solid, damage + range + 8% life/1% regen. Those five points are what I would take.

There is also Ondar's Guile. Now, Ondar's requires you to use Grace if you were to take this and use it effectively. This means dropping Purity of Lightning and swapping it out for Grace. Spec into more mana reservation nodes if you need more mana to cast with.

Ondar's takes much more investment and changes to work effectively, but it offers even more survivability on top of everything already available. It's essentially immunity to projectiles plus all the base evasion on top of that. I think you need to reach level 93+ in order to take Ondar's and not refund any other points. You have to refund all of the 4% life nodes on the tree and take Revenge of the Hunted life/eva cluster in order to scale the evasion higher. 6 points.

As your third option, you simply take cast speed and elemental damage. This option is straight up damage, leaving your toolip around the 8.5k - 9k mark which is gigantic if you can take all the nodes and gear properly. 180k+ dps doesn't help clear speed that much, but it will freeze/shock/melt difficult mobs.

For your chest, a 5L Cloak will make you way more tanky. The 20% to fire conversion makes any Arctic Armour you run nearly twice as effective. You lose out on the Faster Casting gem which adds about 25k dps, this honestly does not help all that much in my opinion. I would personally not use the Tabula Rasa because all it offers is more damage and costs more mana. I would use a 5L, get mana regen and use Arctic Armour as high a level as possible.

Don't worry about Evasion on gear, the tree has no evasion nodes and DEX is fairly low at around 150. It doesn't matter, just get Strength/Life on gear if possible and stack life.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 18, 2014, 11:34:16 PM
So it is worth to run cloak of flame before having the mana regen to sustain a lvl 14+ AA or is it better to get a good rare chest/other unique I'm missing?

EDIT, btw, I'm planning on using prism guardian and for the 3rd link what would you use? clarity+reduced+empower?
Last edited by da_doctah on Dec 19, 2014, 2:25:09 AM
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
Arthikas wrote:
"
How do you run high lvl arctic armour on a cloak of flame variation?

I'm wondering that as well. Bought a Cloak of Flame yesterday for this build, and it's working well so far (lvl 50). However, with no mana or regen on Cloak, using Incin, 2 Heralds, 2 auras, and lvl 13 AA as SR mentioned would seem like an extreme mana requirement - even with Inner Force, 4/6 Sovereignty nodes, Charisma, and Quick Recovery. It may work with all of those, I won't know until I can get the points in them and better gear; atm I can only run either 2 Purities or 1 Purity and Clarity, and I'm leveling AA now. Still need Echo before I can run 4L Incin.

Good build so far though, SR.

I'm glad you took the time to give the build a chance

If I was unclear about Arctic Armour, then sorry. You cannot support it until you get serious mana regen on gear, amulet/rings/wand/shield. Before that is obtained I would not run Arctic Armour since mana regen is such a premium. Casting Incinerate freely is very achievable, but beyond that is when gear gets more important - and that is the point you start using Arctic Armour.

As a guideline, my gear has ~160% regen in standard. With that much regen, I just about manage to run a level 15 Arctic Armour @ 200/s. Once the build is established, Arctic Armour offers so much defence on top of everything else. Getting it running requires an investment in gear, though.

30% regen on your wand+Shield+amulet+rings is not all that expensive since resists are capped without sweating. Master crafting mana regen makes it a lot more straight forward.

Mana regen is 64/sec atm, I can run Clarity and both Heralds & both auras though. Using low lvl AA but will level as mana & regen becomes available.
First time I've seen these UNique Boots.

What are your thoughts?

"
So it is worth to run cloak of flame before having the mana regen to sustain a lvl 14+ AA or is it better to get a good rare chest/other unique I'm missing?

EDIT, btw, I'm planning on using prism guardian and for the 3rd link what would you use? clarity+reduced+empower?

I considered using Prism Guardian before 1.3.0 was released to help with Clarity's life cost.

Overall, it doesn't look worth it to bother using one. You save about 250 life, which is more than you typically get from a rare shield, but you lose out on other important stats.

The Empower idea seems counter productive, because you can simply choose a rare shield w/ 60% mana regen and benefit more from that. The resistances that Prism Guardian gives you honestly doesn't matter because resists are capped easily because of Purity Auras.

If you still want to sacrifice potential regen and spell damage, then go ahead and try using one. I would not put Empower on Clarity since I don't think that the 3 base mana regeneration you get from it is good enough. It's essentially ~12 mana/s regen overall at the cost of more life than you would have gotten with a rare shield.

Cloak of Flame can be used as soon as you are able to get one, its damage conversion helps a lot even without AA running. It's 15% less physical damage taken without AA.

Cloak of flame is just like a Lightning Coil with less life and evasion, in 1.3.0 the nerfed 30% Lightning Coil is almost identical to a Cloak of Flame. The difference in -60% lightning resistance and +45% fire resistance makes it usable very early on.

"
First time I've seen these UNique Boots.

What are your thoughts?

15% damage at the cost of life on boots is not worth it imo. The 5% chance to ignite is wasted because the build already sits at 20% with a Cloak of Flame. Atziri's Step is the only unique I would use that are not a rare, high life+resist boots.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 19, 2014, 9:30:33 AM
May I ask what your opinion is on rings like Pyre, or the classic use of THree dragons?

Overall I like your build, just curious why those items arent being used.

Also im curious what the cloak of flame really adds that could top Lightning coils superb rolls, even after the nerf, or am I missing something?
Last edited by darkcrab on Dec 19, 2014, 2:51:42 PM
"
darkcrab wrote:

Also im curious what the cloak of flame really adds that could top Lightning coils superb rolls, even after the nerf, or am I missing something?

SR has commented on Cloak versus Coil at the bottom of the original post.
OP i wanted to ask. How do u deal with stuns? Every single stun is great dps loss since u need to stack incinerate again after stun. I see its not possible to take those 50% avoid interruption while casting from witch' nodes and hearth of oak seems to be possible like after lvl 87. Just curious thou.
Anyhow thx for great build, just started on bloodlines, everthing is fine xept this possible interruptions that bothers me.
"
ElpoloLoco89 wrote:
OP i wanted to ask. How do u deal with stuns? Every single stun is great dps loss since u need to stack incinerate again after stun. I see its not possible to take those 50% avoid interruption while casting from witch' nodes and hearth of oak seems to be possible like after lvl 87. Just curious thou.
Anyhow thx for great build, just started on bloodlines, everthing is fine xept this possible interruptions that bothers me.

I don't think stuns work the way you are describing.

With Incinerate, when you are stunned or knocked back your damage stacks are not reset. As long as you do not move or perform any other action then the stacks will remain for up to 1 second. Stuns only last roughly a third of a second and do not happen often, especially with Dodge.

Also, the chance to avoid stun while casting nodes do not work in that way either.

You are casting Incinerate roughly 7 times a second. (once per two projectiles due to spell echo)

That means that when you are stunned, you have a 55% chance to avoid interruption for one of those casts only. This does not negate the actual stun and you cannot cast again until its duration has ended.

That means you stop firing even with 100% chance to avoid interruption, only the current cast avoids interruption and not the subsequent casts afterwards.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 19, 2014, 9:13:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info