SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

"
CrazylikE wrote:
I dont know if you are aware, but Celestial Punishment is 25%, maybe it was nerfed without you noticing it. Anyway, cool build, I am running it on Bloodlines now and its going well.

The guide was made before that change was implemented. Some of the writing is from pre-1.3.0 patch notes.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:
I dont know if you are aware, but Celestial Punishment is 25%, maybe it was nerfed without you noticing it. Anyway, cool build, I am running it on Bloodlines now and its going well.

The guide was made before that change was implemented. Some of the writing is from pre-1.3.0 patch notes.

Figured as much, just thought i'd let you know anyway, so you could update the text.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Updated my standard gear and stats page.

Corrected some outdated text in the Celestial Punishment section.

Updated the passive tree to level 90.

Currently working on a post-90 section of the guide for higher leveled characters.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 3, 2015, 11:46:30 AM
I thought I'd add my tree, stats and gear like others have also done, maybe someone can learn something from it or help me improve my character. I'm having fun with this build right now, it works well.

Level 75: Passive Tree

The amulet is awesome for mana and mana regen and unless I find a very epic amulet, I dont think I can change it in a long time. The first thing I might want to update is a belt with more life and a ring with mana regen. I have to see what I can find or put together for currency to buy one.

2459 Tooltip dps with GMP, Spell Echo, Added Cold, Added Lightning
7566 Evasion with flask
188.2 Mana Regen
187.7 Life Regen
79 fire/light and 75 cold res, -20 chaos
18%block, 40% dodge, 30%spelldodge + 20%phys dmg taken converted to fire dmg
4039 life after reserving 598 for clarity, 303 es, 62 mana after reserving 667 for purity of fire/light and herald of thunder/ice.

I have not bothered to curse anything yet, stuff dies so fast that I save time by just casting incinerate instead of cursing first. I have been running warlord's mark in the cwdt setup instead of increased duration and it works, but it doesnt trigger very often. My AA is lvl 13 and I can barely run it right now on my low mana. I am looking forward to taking the other Aura cluster. When I level 1 or 2 more levels I might respec some dmg nodes and go take them cause my damage is more than I need atm.

If anyone has Atziri experience, I would love some input on anything as I am very unexperienced in that fight. I have only killed her once and it was on Rampage with a completely different character (tornado shot/puncture).

The first fight, against the two Vaal's, I think you pretty much just nuke them down so fast they cant do much, but for the trio, do you need some kind of immortal call rotation stuff? Who do you kill first and who do you leave for last? And for Atziri herself, when she splits, are you only afraid of the relflect one?

What kind of flask mix do you bring? Do you need both ruby and topaz? Do you bring 2 or 3 life flasks? 1 or 2 Quicksilvers? Running seems to be a big thing for dodging things in the last fight.

Do I need Enfeeble?

Anyone have videos of someone killing Atziri with Incinerate?
OP said around 5k HP and similiar DPS for the queen but I am sure you can manage differently.
Once you start getting the gem to quality the dps takes off a lot.

Cloak of flames btw is also much easier to find than lightning coil.
which is also a good reason to use it.

Stuff really started to die a lot faster when you reach 4k+ dps
"
CrazylikE wrote:
What kind of flask mix do you bring? Do you need both ruby and topaz? Do you bring 2 or 3 life flasks? 1 or 2 Quicksilvers? Running seems to be a big thing for dodging things in the last fight.

Do I need Enfeeble?

Anyone have videos of someone killing Atziri with Incinerate?

All of the information you are asking for is in the guide. Atziri video, flask setups on every gear section, what gear to look for. etc.

Enfeeble can be used, it is entirely up to you and how confident/careful you like to play. There is no reason why I would object to using it.

Atziri's Foible is fine to use for mana/regen, if no life/regen/mana amulets are available then it is a good substitution. If your unreserved mana pool is too low, drop herald of Ice temporarily. Having your spell cast indefinitely is far more important than the extra damage.

Killing Atziri is exactly like it is in the video, I even played the fights badly. The video was recorded in one take on my first day back to PoE in 4 months of no internet. On top of that, my computer was freezing up during the recording - this almost got me killed in the trio fight where even the video freezes for a while.

The fight itself is straight forward, and becomes very easy once you gain confidence. Attempting it in Bloodlines is not recommended if you are not very certain that you can beat the bosses. In my opinion, Atziri in HC leagues is more of a test of your brain than the build.

Double Vaal is about nuking as much as possible at the start, this does not mean you cannot kill them if you cannot delete them instantly. Take them both blow 50% one at a time, kill white mobs and dodge the Vaal lasers, then let them sink into the ground. The Vaal's spells do not deal much damage against spell dodge since they are low hitting and high frequency. This fight is the least dangerous by far and is extremely easy.

The Trio fight requires nothing but CwDT/EC/IC. Throw in increased duration for more safety, it could be the difference between negating a 2k damage arrow and tanking it. With that setup you are set to kill the Trio, you begin by cursing/temp/enfeebling the archer. You must run in circles until she uses her arrow rain, once it is cast you warp on top of her and nuke her as much as you can before she gets another spell off. Don't get greedy with the damage, you must aim to warp away from her before she hits you with the next spell. Repeat until she dies, the other two bosses don't deal any significant damage what so ever.

The second boss you kill is the dual striker, kite him away from the Cyclone boss as best as you can and Incinerate him seperately. Avoid the phys/chaos degen left on the ground by warping and slowly bring down the dual striker.

The Cycloner is where CwDT/EC/IC plays a massive role again, every time you take damage you pop a 3 second IC due to the huge amount of white mobs surrounding you. This saves you from the bleed degen if you forget to flask remove it. Carry two bleed flasks. Cloak of Flame is huge here too, it converts 20% of the initial hit to fire damage, then converts 20% of the bleed to fire. It double dips the bleed damage and helps tremendously if you are struggling to tank anything.

Atziri herself is the same as every build, avoid her spells and damage the right target. Flask even when you think you are safe and hit her between spells. The high single target dps of Incinerate means that each stage should be very short and if you are well geared, you only ever dodge one spell per stage. It is a very easy fight once you gain confidence, very rarely does a build struggle to down this boss specifically.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 3, 2015, 12:23:17 PM
I thank you a lot for that information. I have just been watching all kinds of atziri videos found on youtube and I start getting more confident about how every fight is and how you should do them. My problem with Atziri is that I never play anything but Hardcore challenge leagues. I dont play standard and I dont play the Hardcore permanent league. They just dont interest me that much. I could probably get a standard character together just to do Atziri a ton and learn the fight, but it would take time away from the hardcore challenge league and I feel I already have less time than I want to spend on PoE.

So far I have learned almost everything I know about PoE by just trying it and if I fail and die I usually know what not to do next time etc. I have played for a long time and I have learned a lot by just dying to stuff. However, Atziri requires a lot more than just normal maps and so I havent really had time to invest time into it. After being among the first 50 to 8/8 last league I just want to do something different this league, like farming Atziri, so I want to soak in as much info as I can before I go at it so that I dont just RIP instantly :P So I thank you for that info.

I am 76 now and the build works very good in maps, even with all the auras and a very low amount of mana I can cast Incinerate indefinetly so its np, however I just respec'd out of a couple of dmg nodes and took the aura nodes so I can get AA a couple of lvls higher since my dmg is already enough for maps I feel.

I dont know at what lvl I will want to try Atziri. Im thinking around lvl 85 right now, but im not sure.

Also, I am wondering, can you see ingame how AA is changed with Inner Force? I cant find anything about AA in the character panel and the tooltip didnt change either. (I have never had Inner Force before)
Last edited by CrazylikE on Jan 3, 2015, 12:50:47 PM
"
CrazylikE wrote:
Also, I am wondering, can you see ingame how AA is changed with Inner Force? I cant find anything about AA in the character panel and the tooltip didnt change either. (I have never had Inner Force before)

The tooltip doesn't change in-game at all, nothing explicitly shows that AA drains additional mana with Inner Force. The Wiki shows what the total drain is with Inner Force while moving, which is useful and worth looking at as a rough guide.

The Wiki fails to include the 5% buff from the Devotion node near the Templar area, so it is inaccurate for builds such as this one.

I would advise using a calculator and working the correct drain out for yourself, it is very straight forward.

Take the regular non-buffed AA drain from the Wiki and multiply that value by 1.26

I would aim for at least 4 mana/s or so above the drain that AA causes, so that you never lose mana from movement.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 3, 2015, 1:10:46 PM
RIP lvl 86 50% xp Bloodlines, died to viper strike/charge exile, could've managed to leave the game or enter a portal but i got desperate, it was stupid really.

Equipment:

Last edited by pedrofell on Jan 3, 2015, 4:19:39 PM
"
CrazylikE wrote:

The amulet is awesome for mana and mana regen and unless I find a very epic amulet, I dont think I can change it in a long time. The first thing I might want to update is a belt with more life and a ring with mana regen. I have to see what I can find or put together for currency to buy one.

Same here, where I'm kinda forced to use the 'ziri amu for now to run AA at least lvl 11. Had 2 of them anyway, and I've somewhat made up for amulet HP with a 29+89 Life belt with good Stun Recovery, or 36+85 Life belt, etc.

---

@ SR: had a guildie ask what my DPS is, where he said LMP would be better in this build because GMP can only single-target with 3 beams and the other 2 beams don't do much. So he calcs GMP/Incin DPS as Tooltip *3*4, where AFAIK correctly it should be TT *5*4, as mentioned earlier. My argument was that while just 3 beams can hit ST, the other 2 damage mobs behind/to the side and thus must be counted, along with the added chance to freeze, ignite, shock with the extra 2 beams, otherwise there's no point in GMP. Also, I don't see any LMP's on builds in this thread.

Comments GMP vs. LMP on this build?
Last edited by Arthikas on Jan 4, 2015, 5:10:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info