SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
USBastard wrote:
I noticed you removed Doryani's Catalyst from your standard setup. Would you say a a good rare wand is better?

I had the Catalyst in my setup because I was just throwing gear together and killing Atziri. Rare wand with mana regen is better because you want as much mana regen as possible on gear. The leech is not important at all, life regen makes up for it. 5% per second is good sustain.

Doriyani's is an okay scepter to use, but I would never buy one for this build. it isn't worth the price imo.

Seems to be the better deal with mana reg.
I just cant stand the UI not being moveable as I play wtih eyefinity and 3 screens I die now and then from not able to see my health drop.
died just now at L86 from that bleed.

Love the mechanics with the build, tried atziri once, but got blasted by the fire, I get her next time.
"
pedrofell wrote:
What map bosses u consider hardest for this build? Do u recommend attempting jungle valley weaver?

BTW Pedro, The JV Weaver isn't hard with this build IMO if you have Lightning Warp on a 3L, and Warlord's Mark on your CWDT/EC/IC. You take some hits from the smaller spiders and get the leech as you burn a few, Warp around the room when Weaver approaches, burn a few, repeat, until you've killed many of the trash mobs and rares, then kill Weaver and mop up the rest. If you do it right you can kill enough trash & rares and Weaver before they overwhelm you. I got a Scold's Bridle Mind Cage from her yesterday. :)

Last edited by Arthikas on Jan 6, 2015, 2:33:02 PM
oops double post
Last edited by Arthikas on Jan 6, 2015, 2:28:47 PM
I'm aware this has been around a while, but I thought I would point this out anyway

"
Lightning Coil example;

2000 Physical damage hit.

2000 * 0.3 = 600 Raw lightning damage

600 * 0.19 = 114 Lightning damage taken

114 + 1400 = 1514 net damage taken.

1514 / 2000 = 0.757 reduction.

that would be .757 left AFTER the reduction which is 75.7% damage taken, or 24.3% damage reduction.
oh took note the AA gem isnt listed in the gem section of the first post.
"
Didros wrote:
I'm aware this has been around a while, but I thought I would point this out anyway

"
Lightning Coil example;

2000 Physical damage hit.

2000 * 0.3 = 600 Raw lightning damage

600 * 0.19 = 114 Lightning damage taken

114 + 1400 = 1514 net damage taken.

1514 / 2000 = 0.757 reduction.

that would be .757 left AFTER the reduction which is 75.7% damage taken, or 24.3% damage reduction.

0.757 is a reduction from 1

there is more than one way you can interpret this

you are splitting hairs unnecessarily
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 6, 2015, 5:21:22 PM
What about EB/Discipline for Arctic Armour? Not viable?
Sure EB is great with AA, but the build is based around Acrobatics, with Blood Magic on Clarity, auras, Heralds, Incin, AA, etc. - which together require high mana/regen that is supported from gear and certain passive nodes, not EB.
Sorry If this has already been asked but how well does pledge of hands work with this build?
"
wolfx28 wrote:
Sorry If this has already been asked but how well does pledge of hands work with this build?

Pledge isn't a good fit for the build imo. Mainly for these reasons:

Pledge is expensive, the build is intended to be cheap.

No real damage increase, the only benefit to dps is the 7-link.

There is not many support gems left that Incinerate benefits much from. Added Chaos/Faster Proj don't offer anything, the build has a tonne of proj speed and it scales elemental damage.

Less mana regen, this is the biggest downside to pledge in this build imo. 100% mana increase is useless since the build doesn't scale mana. +80% mana regen on wand/shield scales clarity unlike Pledge.

less life on gear, you lose out on shield. This also means less resistances.

160% spell damage is decent, but beatable with a wand/shield setup. No cast speed makes it worse imo.

The build makes no use of the extra 6-link. The 3-link setups you miss out on are really important already, clarity+BM / lightning warp+red duration has no where else to go.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 8, 2015, 7:50:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info