What's Being Kept from Rampage/Beyond?

Will untainted paradise be rebuffed after the 1 week race to the current numbers in 1.3 or is the nerf permanent?
@ToNotBeDetermined
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Rampage League
We have decided not to introduce Rampage into the core game as an always-on feature. As of 1.3.0, the Rampage-specific uniques will grant a form of Rampage.

Please keep the kill counter as a permanent (optional) feature.

yes that would be cool :)
Oh cool I love getting someone to finally buy my Null and Voids for 1 ex only to find out they're going to be amazing in standard.

Thanks GGG
"
Untainted Paradise
Prior to the one-week race in late November, the experience awarded by monsters in the Untainted Paradise map will be reduced substantially. It'll still be very good experience but won't be a critical component in winning the ladder race.

Remove it from the RACE, not punish everyone. But this is exactly how we expect it to go. Get something nice, take it away.
Your RNGeesus is a false prophet
"
Bakkasan wrote:
"
Untainted Paradise
Prior to the one-week race in late November, the experience awarded by monsters in the Untainted Paradise map will be reduced substantially. It'll still be very good experience but won't be a critical component in winning the ladder race.

Remove it from the RACE, not punish everyone. But this is exactly how we expect it to go. Get something nice, take it away.

As something nice you mean a broken way to grind?
I really liked the idea of momentum that rampage offered. It was kinda useless and sometimes even annoying (daggers killing rogues you're not supposed to frag in vorici missions for exemple), but i enjoyed the feeling to go faster and faster.

I admit i stopped watching the counter after less than a week tho. But i like the idea to reward intelligent map cleaning and momentum.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Glad i kept those Rampage Uniques, seems like they will actually be worth using once the league is over... ;)
Chris, does GGG have a record of the highest count achieved with rampage?

Also, I will chime in to ask that counter be retained. I took risks to keep the counter ticking over which generated (at least for myself) more rewarding game play.
"
creamcoffee wrote:
Chris, does GGG have a record of the highest count achieved with rampage?

Also, I will chime in to ask that counter be retained. I took risks to keep the counter ticking over which generated (at least for myself) more rewarding game play.

Rampage is limited with 1000 kills, it only refreshes once you get 1001th and further monster kill.

Anyways, rampage was my first league in PoE and Im quite satisfied.
Good luck to devs team, hope we'll see some new interesting mechanics in next league!
Last edited by Sonnekonige on Nov 18, 2014, 9:34:34 PM
"

"
Chris wrote:
You may encounter Abaxoth and his minions in other forms in the future (or past).

Foreshadowing?

But how do you foreshadow something that has already happened?!?!? IM SO CONFUSED!!!!

The plan sounds good Chris, although if you are going to make Untainted suck, it would be nice if it could at least drop as a map / be chanced. This would be a cool way to commodify experience.
Last edited by Fightgarr on Nov 18, 2014, 10:09:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info