[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Aziello wrote:
Yup. After i spent some currency on 6l chest and bought Rat's Nest i can tell, that this build is all about currency. Without it its hard to do something for real. I mean, I was trying to do merciless full key lab with 5l and 4 ascendency point in frenzy charge raider tree and it was almost impossible - buffed Izzaro was 1 shoting me with his jump, let alone barrage or aoe hit.

Right now, after i picked up 6l, i jumped to t7-t8, but im still dying from time to time. This build isnt that safe as some uber tanky ancestral warchief builds etc, so thats my problem.

Also, with 0.8 mana leech, hatred and hof, my 6l tornado shot is taking 39 mana to shoot. Ive got 83 mana in my pool. So, yeah, with almost 3 aps its starting to be huge problem. Any ideas what to do? It seems like leech value isnt problem as much as leeching speed.

You dont need currency to make this build work. As i said before, i had a little less than 4k hp, ~ 35-40% resistances and the 4L Lioneye's Glare bow. Every other piece i had was some random stuff i found while leveling. I did not upgrade my items until 83 and i had zero problems.
I just felt like it is time to kick some more ass.

I can suggest you to get instant and jade flasks instead of your hp and ms ones.
Get at least 60 hp on your rare items and change your jewels.
Dont try to tank and dodge stuff yourself. You dont have enough evasion to make it work.
Last edited by _wt on Mar 25, 2017, 7:45:13 PM
"
Dont try to tank and dodge stuff yourself. You dont have enough evasion to make it work.

>Get
You know i need currency to get something, right? And its proving my point - without that you cant do much.

From the other side, i guess problem is my playstyle too. As i said, i was playing melee only before, so "huzzah and up, up, away!" is only legit playstyle for me. Idk, maybe this shit isnt for me. But it also isnt like "no currecy needed", mate.

Edit: Also, whats you tooltip dps in ho without auras etc, guys? No mana problem with 6l on 2auras anybody?
Last edited by Aziello on Mar 25, 2017, 8:02:18 PM
"
Aziello wrote:
"

>Get
You know i need currency to get something, right? And its proving my point - without that you cant do much.

From the other side, i guess problem is my playstyle too. As i said, i was playing melee only before, so "huzzah and up, up, away!" is only legit playstyle for me. Idk, maybe this shit isnt for me. But it also isnt like "no currecy needed", mate.

Edit: Also, whats you tooltip dps in ho without auras etc, guys? No mana problem with 6l on 2auras anybody?

>You can say that about all builds since you need to upgrade your items, right?
I did not say you have to, but it will increase your survivability which is the main thing in this game.
You can get good rings/amulets/belts for around 6-8c each right now. This cant count as expensive as it isnt.

I do not like to run BM maps so with hatred, on the 5l Lioneye's Glare, im at 29k->42k. It can be 30k->45k if i swap few talents.
Last edited by _wt on Mar 25, 2017, 8:20:18 PM
"
Aziello wrote:

Right now, after i picked up 6l, i jumped to t7-t8, but im still dying from time to time. This build isnt that safe as some uber tanky ancestral warchief builds etc, so thats my problem.

Yeah, after moving on to alched T6-T7 maps, I died a few times, too, mostly because I was used to brain-dead farming of blue T5s and wasn't paying attention. The build is definitely a bit squishy, 4k life with capped resists doesn't guarantee survival, so you've got to play carefully at higher tiers. I'm still not sure what to do about Atziri. Judging from the damage I took when her flame blast hit me partially, my gut feeling tells me I'm gonna need about 5-5.5k life to survive a full blast, and I just can't pull that kind of HP out of my arse...

"
Also, with 0.8 mana leech, hatred and hof, my 6l tornado shot is taking 39 mana to shoot. Ive got 83 mana in my pool. So, yeah, with almost 3 aps its starting to be huge problem. Any ideas what to do? It seems like leech value isnt problem as much as leeching speed.

That's strange. I'm playing with Hatred + Arctic Armor (75% mana reserved), which leaves me with 169 mana available, and my only source of mana leech is Soul Raker in the claw branch. I don't have any mana issues, whatever I need gets leeched back almost instantly. I do have some +mana on my rings, but I don't think I had any problems with mana even before I got those rings. My TS currently costs 34 mana.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Hm, how about Atziris Boots, you are using them?

Anyway, Atziri feel like much less rewarding then uber lab for me. But since taking Atziri is problematic, i guess so is Uber...?
"
Aziello wrote:
Hm, how about Atziris Boots, you are using them?

Nope, I'm using Blood Dance to generate frenzy charges, since I chose Deadeye over Raider, and I'm too lazy to cast blood rage manually :D

"
Anyway, Atziri feel like much less rewarding then uber lab for me. But since taking Atziri is problematic, i guess so is Uber...?

I'd love to try uber lab, but I can't yet - have only done 4 out of 6 endgame trials. I'll give it a try as soon as I get access to it.
Were you trying full merci lab with 3/4 keys? As i stated before, it was "no-do" for me, but now ive got 3 points in ascension and more survi, so im curious if thats doable. I guess in that particular area more dmg can help ;D

Also, i kinda like where this thread is going - OP is not giving a shit, but community does.
"
Aziello wrote:
Were you trying full merci lab with 3/4 keys? As i stated before, it was "no-do" for me, but now ive got 3 points in ascension and more survi, so im curious if thats doable. I guess in that particular area more dmg can help ;D

Also, i kinda like where this thread is going - OP is not giving a shit, but community does.

What do you mean by 3/4 keys? I tried doing merci lab as soon as I unlocked it (was around lvl 72 at the moment), but I had only 2.7k life with suboptimal resists, and I kept getting one-shotted by Izaro's green blob attack. So I gave it up for a while and came back later when I was lvl 80+ and had 3.7k life with capped resists, and I did it on my first try. Also ran the lab a few times afterwards to enchant and sell gear ;) And yeah, more dmg helps, because the quicker you kill Izaro, the better. But it's still all about survivability, same as with Atziri. You need to be able to take any single hit from the boss and survive. Otherwise, you need to be either extremely lucky to get through the fight, or have perfect reflexes, and I don't have the latter...

BTW, on the subject of DPS or lack thereof. I recently did a T6 map which rolled with enfeeble, which meant my DPS dropped from 39k to 26k. And I barely noticed the difference in clear speed. Well, maybe the map bosses took me a little longer to kill, but that's it. So if you can't get 40k DPS, don't sweat it. It helps, but even ~25k should be enough for mid-tier maps.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Mar 26, 2017, 11:57:44 AM
you seem to have some claw nodes in the tree soul raker dont think you need those for a bow build :P
"
RoguexTomato wrote:
you seem to have some claw nodes in the tree soul raker dont think you need those for a bow build :P

You do if you're using Lioneye's Fall ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info