1.2 Tornado not that good? Ice or split maybe?

Some interesting posts here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/999134/page/1

Among others a suggestion of using both LMP and GMP for 24 arrows in the explosion :)
Last edited by sikker on Aug 22, 2014, 11:20:51 AM
"
sikker wrote:

MORE EDIT: Point Blank would also be good for this build. As I understand that node, it counts from where the arrow is fired, and that means you'll get the PB bonus twice. First from yourself and second from the point of impact.

Did we ever get confirmation that the tornado arrows are considered new projectiles? I would assume so but a dev response would be reassuring.
Last edited by Hojirozame on Aug 22, 2014, 8:16:13 AM
"
Among others a suggestion of using both LMP and GMP for 24 arrows in the explosion

LMP + GMP = 6 extra projectiles = 7*7 = 49 arrows.

Asked the developer some questions
Spoiler
"

1. Can a Tornado containing multiple arrows (with LMP/GMP) hit the same mob several times?
2. Is the chance to crit for each Tornado Shot = set for each arrow containing that Tornado Shot OR is it for each arrow out of the Tornado Shot?
With LMP you have 3 Tornado Shots * 3 arrows containing = 9 arrows, so can the whole 9 crit or is it checked when fired the 3 Tornado Shot if that fails all 3 arrows from that Shot can't crit anymore?
3. How does Chain / Fork work here?

here are the answers

"
Thanks for your patience in this matter. Regarding your question:

1) Can a Tornado containing multiple arrows (with LMP/GMP) hit the same mob several times?
Yes

2) Critical strikes are rolled when initially fired, so either the whole Tornado Shot will critically strike, or none it will.
3) As the initial arrow from Tornado Shot pierces, it will be unable to chain or fork. However, the additional projectiles it fires are likely to chain and fork.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Aug 22, 2014, 8:40:18 AM
Can I get some feedback on my build so far? Haven't played in a long time and just jumped into Rampage League using Tornado Shot. This is what I'm at so far:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4FLQW1BfkGIwguCpsY2xmOGbQfQSFgLOkwcTIBOdQ6QkCgSn1LeFb6W69eRWegbWxv8nTxd9d46311h3aNv5LzmyabjaCfoaSn1LIZtUi7476nxKLK082Yz3rTftQj3BXdDd2o3sbh2-cK53To1upi7YPvevqx-uv8xf66_sg=

Thinking of cutting out the Duelist points and going for the Bow wheel underneath Acrobatics?
"
Olsvik wrote:
Can I get some feedback on my build so far?

No point in going for Golems' blood.
The approach through the 'Aspect of the Eagle'-wheel is not optimal. The +6phys/+2AS are the worst nodes in that wheel, and you are not going for for a crit build it seems so the two crit-nodes doesn't help you.

Look at the builds here for more optimized paths.
Last edited by sikker on Aug 22, 2014, 11:21:08 AM
"
Hojirozame wrote:
"
sikker wrote:

MORE EDIT: Point Blank would also be good for this build. As I understand that node, it counts from where the arrow is fired, and that means you'll get the PB bonus twice. First from yourself and second from the point of impact.

Did we ever get confirmation that the tornado arrows are considered new projectiles? I would assume so but a dev response would be reassuring.

No. There are still no official confirmation.
Thanks sikker
i'm using tornado+lmp+pierce+phys projectile and dmg looks awesome IMO. not so big AoE though.
rly wondering aswell if the pierce nodes / gem are worth it

using lmp / inc multi dmg / phys proj dmg and added fire atm
works pretty good for me in merc a3 and iam still using death harp
^.^
I think Tornado Shot is underwhelming, and I cannot get it to kill packs efficiently. Tried a number of different sensible supports. It's even hard to tell what's happening, I can see the poof but it's hard to see the projectiles released after that. I think it perhaps has Fork's problem where shooting things off in some direction is not damage efficient. Chain Seeks. Pierce you can kinda line up. But I don't wanna have to spatially decide where to shoot from to maximize the use of the 3 projectiles shooting off 120 degrees apart from each other after the main shots land. And I call Bullshit on the gem's "all directions" description. All Directions would be at least 4, and maybe 8. Pretty sure there's 3.

Ice Shot on the other hand seems very strong. Aside from the damage buff, that AOE coverage is REALLY ramped up. It even seems to extend to the side a bit? I was clearing small packs before I even put Pierce on it. And really nice Herald of Ice Synergy - lot's of splosions going on.

FYI being played in Onslaught on a new toon, just got to A2 Merciless.

My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Aug 22, 2014, 2:11:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info