1.2 Tornado not that good? Ice or split maybe?

"
rellish wrote:
I've been trying out tornado shot, so far it seems kinda bad. I have only tried linking fork, lmp and faster projectile. LMP seems the best so far with it, it kinda makes it into a shotgun effect. Anyways I might be totally wrong about the skill, but I'm not smart enough to make this work so i suggest finding a different skill for your build.

youre not using the right support gems bud :)
I'm currently leveling with a 3L : Tornado shot + LMP + pierce and I have taken the 40% pierce nodes from tree. This works very well and I leveling solo at a good pace.
"
sikker wrote:
"
valarias wrote:
I have been telling everyone about this because its gonna come out eventually GMP + Tornado + Pierce + FA + CM = retarded.

Nice. I'll try that, but what is that CM-support you are referring to? :)

the only thing I can think of is crit multi
"
kenmai9 wrote:
"
sikker wrote:
"
valarias wrote:
I have been telling everyone about this because its gonna come out eventually GMP + Tornado + Pierce + FA + CM = retarded.

Nice. I'll try that, but what is that CM-support you are referring to? :)

the only thing I can think of is crit multi

Crit multi? Critical strike multiplier?
I think that gem is called Increased Critical Damage :), but yeah, I think you are right. That must be what he means. Thanks.
I have tried with the piercing nodes + gem as well, but I don't think it does much.
Tornado shot is already piercing itself, so it only adds to the shots that are fired upon hitting a target. I think it would be better to apply PPAD.
Can anyone elaborate why they prefer pierce, please?
"
sikker wrote:
I have tried with the piercing nodes + gem as well, but I don't think it does much.
Tornado shot is already piercing itself, so it only adds to the shots that are fired upon hitting a target. I think it would be better to apply PPAD.
Can anyone elaborate why they prefer pierce, please?

This first initial arrow pierces untill it hits its targeted target. Then it explodes into arrows firing into all directions. These splitted arrows do not pierce, however with the pierce gem/tree they do.

Thats how it work I believe.
Yeah, that's what I said in my post above :)
I was just wondering if people really thought it gave that much (and why it would give that much). Those arrows after the initial hit don't travel far anyway.

EDIT: I retract that. Those arrows do travel quite far :). I see the point of it now, but I still think it would be nice to be able to fit in PPAD.
I think I'll go non-crit, and just take it instead of ICD

MORE EDIT: Point Blank would also be good for this build. As I understand that node, it counts from where the arrow is fired, and that means you'll get the PB bonus twice. First from yourself and second from the point of impact.
Last edited by sikker on Aug 22, 2014, 5:32:29 AM
"
sikker wrote:
Yeah, that's what I said in my post above :)
I was just wondering if people really thought it gave that much (and why it would give that much). Those arrows after the initial hit don't travel far anyway.

EDIT: I retract that. Those arrows do travel quite far :). I see the point of it now, but I still think it would be nice to be able to fit in PPAD.

MORE EDIT: Point Blank would also be good for this build. As I understand that node, it counts from where the arrow is fired, and that means you'll get the PB bonus twice. First from yourself and second from the point of impact.

how about Infractem and Drillneck.

TShot-GMP-LGoH-FA-PPAD
Well, there is a max of 100% on the increased damage
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Projectile Weakness has no interaction with Drillneck, because it's not increasing the pierce chance of the skill, but modifying the enemy.
Your chance to pierce is never above 100%.

So not sure if that is worth it. Especially not with the crazy prices on Drillneck
Last edited by sikker on Aug 22, 2014, 7:44:03 AM
"
sikker wrote:

I have done 2 mission where you have to defend the relic. I failed the first one, i didn't had any pierce, and succeded the second one easily with 84% pierce. I noticed a small difference between percing and not for small packs (3-6 monsters), but when pack size increase the difference is huge.

What i like the most is when I'm surrounded by monsters because you can hit monsters in front of you whie still hitting those in your back. You have less positionning to do that with split arrow while still having a good area clear and a shotgun effect for the last standing rare monster.

I'm now sure my 5L setup will be tornado + pierce + LMP + PPAD + faster attacks, which is good for my build because I don't have a lot of strength and won't have to take added fire. But I will perhaps try a setup with added fire + weapon elemental damage instead of faster attack + PPAD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info