1.2 Tornado not that good? Ice or split maybe?

I am at work and not able to play till 6 am. Trying to get info to feed the itch. How is Tornado? I have never played a bow spec and want to In 1.2. I read ice shot is a ton better? Or should I default to split / crit ? Anyone with anything to hold my over like a build Or advice would rock :)

U.S Army 23 years now a cop and lifetime gamer stuck at work lol
Last edited by shahmat1972 on Aug 21, 2014, 12:44:57 AM
I've been trying out tornado shot, so far it seems kinda bad. I have only tried linking fork, lmp and faster projectile. LMP seems the best so far with it, it kinda makes it into a shotgun effect. Anyways I might be totally wrong about the skill, but I'm not smart enough to make this work so i suggest finding a different skill for your build.
"
rellish wrote:
LMP seems the best so far with it, it kinda makes it into a shotgun effect.

This.

Level 35 at the moment, crushing through Act 3 Normal on the way to Dominus with Tornado+LMP, killed Piety without problems (is she nerfed?).
Will see what Dominus says to my Crit-Tornado-Bow.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Wait till you link with faster attacks and proj dmg. In cruel right now with sf gear and just tearing it up. I also took the mana on kill and hit nodes. Pretty much just chain cast it cause such a low cost. Will probably add life on hit whenever I get it.
I'm curious about the AoE power of this skill. Would it also be a usable CoC trigger?
Is this new gem a quest reward or does it just drop from monsters?
"
Eninya wrote:
I'm curious about the AoE power of this skill.

Tornada Shot is only "Attack, Bow", not AoE.

"
Eninya wrote:
Would it also be a usable CoC trigger?

Couldn't test it yet, have no CoC and only 17% crit chance with crappy bow.

Quest Rewards: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tornado_Shot#Quest_reward
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Aug 21, 2014, 10:01:28 AM
Tried it. doesn't work very well with CoC: one proc for the piercing arrow, then one more proc for the Tornado Arrows. Barrage is still king it seems. :P

Trying it with GMP - LGOH - PPAD - FA. 1.5K dps with Hatred. clears merc ledge fast. don't have a chance to put it on maps yet. trying to find out how to make it stronger. LGOH alone gives me full health with one shot. :D

Edit: I'm not sure, but it feels like FP when it shotguns; though I'm not quite sure if it does 3x or 5x your dps, depending on the number of arrows. I'm leaning toward the latter. :D will do more tests tomorrow.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Last edited by enveratise on Aug 21, 2014, 10:47:48 AM
I have been telling everyone about this because its gonna come out eventually GMP + Tornado + Pierce + FA + CM = retarded.
"
valarias wrote:
I have been telling everyone about this because its gonna come out eventually GMP + Tornado + Pierce + FA + CM = retarded.

Nice. I'll try that, but what is that CM-support you are referring to? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info