1.2 Tornado not that good? Ice or split maybe?

Playing a CI Spec - been alternating between Ice Shot and Tornado Shot all game. A decent 6L 275 pdbs 9% crit Bow, but no offensive auras since I use Grace and Discipline. And both Hatred and Fire Herald are great dps increasers.

With LMP, Tornado Shot clears too slowly. But with GMP it's pretty damn fast. Definitely faster than LMP Pierce Ice Shot. Although I am having better Ice Shot Results with Chain linked than Pierce.

Tornado Shot > GMP > Phys Proj > Faster Attacks > Inc Crit Dmg > Added Fire

Although I am wondering about Faster Attacks, I think it may have a better tooltip effect than performance effect because Tornado shot isn't a click and hold skill, you constantly have to re-position the ground targeting for the best effect. The constant interruptions may make Faster Attacks completely unnecessary.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Aug 30, 2014, 5:00:18 PM
Faster attacks is better exactly because you can stop and shoot faster.
With a slow crit bow and the dependece on constant leeching imo FA is mandatory.
"
Asidra wrote:
Tornado shot isn't a click and hold skill, you constantly have to re-position the ground targeting for the best effect.

You can perfectly stand still and fire with 2 aps into the mobs without moving. If you have to reposition yourself FA is even MORE important because you can run, shoot, run much faster.
Can't imagine not to play with FA - it gives you more crits in time, constant leech, more damage, hit & run if needed.

"
Aggnog wrote:
It's not like mobs actually get to melee you.

Until you meet the arctic monkeys with frenzy charges and a physical damage aura boss, all jumping with tripple speed onto you.
Never ripped so fast ...... didnt even saw them coming.

I tested GMP again and now, with DPS > 3k (3,8 now) GMP does much more damage than LMP, so I stay with GMP.
But I still wonder how some people get 8k DPS in Rampage league - are my items so bad?
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Aug 30, 2014, 11:07:01 PM
"
Asidra wrote:

Until you meet the arctic monkeys with frenzy charges and a physical damage aura boss, all jumping with tripple speed onto you.
Never ripped so fast ...... didnt even saw them coming.

In exactly this kind of scenario acro/evasion is a lot safer.
Last edited by Aggnog on Aug 31, 2014, 2:56:07 AM
I use tonado shot
my dps 22k
Ts - FA - GMP - PPAD - Power charge - add fire
but icd is better than dps to addd fire
I'll just make curruped glare color GGGGBB when my master 8lv

It's very powerful & very easy to play 78 map

gear
Spoiler

I'm Lord
NO.1 Standard Magic Finder
Last edited by ruteon on Sep 1, 2014, 5:58:46 AM
Did someone test chain on tornado? its not bad testin it on ice and tornado

normal setup : shot - gmp - pcoc - fa - ppad

chain instead of ppad works nicely sure low target counts the dps drops

regards

how does pierce work together with drillneck on tornado? beyond player doesnt want to get too much dps

EDIT:

a gib thing against tornado is:

iceshot gives u the possibility to run grace plus both heralds and got the safety freeze

tornado shot needs hatred and u cant run grace with both heralds

just my thoughts

cya
Last edited by okta1234 on Aug 31, 2014, 11:17:03 AM
Few question here:

First of all im playing the Beyond League and i've decided not go for a crit build.

Should i still be using gmp over lmp when counting out the crit (atm im using ts> lmp >fa > afd, ppad) and is puncture > ppad >fa> afd, the best way to deal with single targets?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73oknX117g5iWv66VvqjivzFd9cj9vljZ6DdDTnUTZKNfRn-h3ZbryzpkApv8nb3MHwbAUp9TioVIKCfMfpRR_7IKaUqTZUF4ds_JwiJoaRKyJrxBfluql1omya18sqp6NYyATWS53SyGf6P2L1tbM96TeO1SDY9YeumVwYjnarssHpTMZ4fQWKsbIyMCwMeuXwWvyaVYeJVS8rTGbTZxjKUfwKm4Pqx6mLexs2YvqduaYTZZU0UUkd-vYEi6rEwtQhxoY9P

This is the current build maybe someone with more knowledge could help me improve it.

thx
"
ruteon wrote:
I use tonado shot
my dps 20k
Ts - FA - GMP - PPAD - ICD - Power charge

It's very powerful & very easy to play 78 map

I'm doing similar, but using TS+FS+GMP+PPAD+ICD+Added Fire

lvl 89 here, 20k tornado deeps enough to destroy maps already, kinda reflect safe and powerful single target, i'm just loving it so far
Drillneck is really overrated considering you can get a quiver like this for 5chaos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info