1.2 Tornado not that good? Ice or split maybe?

"
I've gotta say that with both GMP and LMP the damage is absurd

I found GMP or GMP+LMP inferior in kill speed, especially for killing boss packs / boss mobs. So I play with LMP because I can sniper much better on the right place.

Wonder how much DPS you do with GMP+LMP, I have 3,4k with LMP and can farm bosses without any problems.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Imo Tornado Shot is far superior than Split/Ice.

Forget the pierce stuff, totally useless and maybe usefull in a 6L, mb. Just go TS -> gmp -> FA -> Crit dmg -> phys proj dmg in a 5 L or no crit dmg in a 4L.

With TS (currently sitting at ~9k tooltip dps and ~76% crit with 5 Power charges) i kill every Rare in a 72 map with 1-2 hits, puncture is rly only used for the map bosses. Thats with gear i got during the last 4 days. Given my Bow was pretty insane luck, but i just tell that story so u know where u might end up with TS and hopefully don't buy a drillneck.

The pierce stuff seems nice on the surface, but its a waste of a hell lot of points (even more for me since iam IR) and what for do u need pierce if u pretty much 1-2 shot every pack. Also the Question remains, what do u with pierce ? Phys proj dmg ?(Probably ~40% dps in 1 gem) faster attacks ? HF attacking with a 1.1 1.2 Harbinger/Decimation Bow. Increased crit dmg ? Well also yields like 3k tooltip dps (you will never reach that with a drillneck and every pierce node in the tree, especially if you have 70+ crit). Rly only in a 6L I might see any use but added fire is also an insane gem with the crap tons of phys dmg we got, and u can exchange it with LgoH or Life Leech if needed.
For Single Target puncture is far superior (given the target moves), but u just cant use a LMP TS cuz it sucks balls in AEO clearing compared to GMP. Also a GMP TS does just fine a single target assistance to puncture.

For SA : I tested Split for like 20 maps and i rly found it awful compared to TS. You just cant kill single mobs - besides from single target stuff, TS just kills them all even with GMP. Iam not part of the Hypetrain - basically didnt even know ppl like TS that much - but if you wanna do maps with a high clearspeed, imo TS is the way to go. And plz dont tell me that TS arrows miss like 30% or some shit, that just doesnt matter and its not like u always hit 7 split arrows. Also TS costs less mana since CHAIN > GMP manawise.

Didnt try iceshot yet, but what i do with TS atm is more than enough and i cant imagine that it rly is better.

PS: Reflect doesnt hurt me much. Just go lvl 7 Cwdt +lvl 9 enduring + lvl 8 immortal call + increased duration = 3 sec invu on proc -> you leech your whole life back pretty much instantly (even with 2% LL given you do enough dmg). For Reflect Maps mb get rid of the Crit mult gem or get a Blackgleam (converts up to 50% phys dmg to fire dmg)

justmy2cents
Last edited by aGnosticc on Aug 28, 2014, 8:39:04 PM
9k with GMP?
What's your opinion for LMP? Found LMP >> GMP in clear speed.
And pls link your bow and non Power Charge crit rate. Want to compare it with my selffound gear because I only do 3,4k DPS (40,1% crit, 440% multiplier) with Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice + Grace.

Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Aug 28, 2014, 8:34:50 PM

Found it the sewers Merciless - lol -. Ye a double crit Bow is THE WAY TO GO. I had a 300phys dps bow before which is ~ 35pdps more than that Bow, but the crit chance just gets insane with the crit dmg.

My crit chance is ~55% with no power charges.

How can less arrows do more aoe dmg :D - maybe if you use pierce but u can easily get GMP form Library merc and easily support it, and just forego pierce. In the End GMP is a damage increase even if your tooltip might tell you different.

Also id highly recomend you supporting puncture with Crit dmg, thats really the reason why puncture is so crazy.

If Punctere wouldnt do such an exceptional job id use a LMP TS as single target since it can shotgun pretty nicely.
Last edited by aGnosticc on Aug 28, 2014, 8:53:27 PM
"
aGnosticc wrote:
How can less arrows do more aoe dmg :D - maybe if you use pierce but u can easily get GMP form Library merc and easily support it, and just forego pierce. In the End GMP is a damage increase even if your tooltip might tell you different.

I don't use Pierce, but with GMP I can't focus my damage, I clear packs faster with LMP in my experience. Tested GMP with the same supports and found it inferior (TS+FA+PPAD+GMP/LMP).
But maybe I have to test again with my new bow if it's better now.

"
aGnosticc wrote:

Also id highly recomend you supporting puncture with Crit dmg, thats really the reason why puncture is so crazy.

Couldnt roll double blue + green on this bow yet ... have the crit damage gem, will waste a few gems for the right colors :).
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
I guess at some point you reach enough dmg to just crit away single mobs with GMP. Thats probably the point when u want GMP for aoe. Well u could use puncture on single mobs, but i know i really like TS for its ability to kill single mobs in an instant, unlike split arrow.

I couldnt live with lmp anymore, but during leveling and early levels without much dmg and crit it was pretty nice i must admit.

"
aGnosticc wrote:
justmy2cents

Can you post your current/planned skill tree?
I just use infracted in a 5l and still 1-2shot every pack. Having a GG bow is overkill for most of the game anyway.
"
Aggnog wrote:
I just use infracted in a 5l and still 1-2shot every pack. Having a GG bow is overkill for most of the game anyway.

Everything considering u mean Infractem Bow.
Rly dont know what maps you do, but in my 75 maps that bow would do zero dmg, also the crit chance of the Bow is probably the most important thing for dps and a high crit chance. That Bow is shit for any map, especially for anything 70+ (which is easy to reach).

Thats the build i currently use. I got 4.7k HP and 12k armor with maligaros. Iam still missing like 2-3 5% hp nodes and if u want u can go Profane Chemistry for ~200% max life.

Atm i'am also running Vaal Pact. Works pretty nice with my dmg (11k TS tooltip with 5 Power Charges).
I use 6% LL for now since i cant find a 6% LL ammy with any decent stats, but its more than enough.
Dunno yet if its worth it but i sit around 90% crit - 80% me with Charges and 10% from Assasin's Mark and 610 crit multi on TS (20q increased crit dmg + maligaros + every multiplier node in reach).

I think if u got a good 6L Bow and a Koams u can fore-go puncture and go Vaal Pact + 10% Carnage Heart or 6%LL ammy, and just TS single target.

I use IR cuz i dont feel projectile evasion is worth anything and i safe like 6 points not going acrobatics/ondars. Instead u need 2 points for IR which is much better than Acrobatics can ever be, IMO. But well i guess its a matter of taste, but if you are close to IR like any crit bow build, its hard to go Acrobatics from an efficiency standpoint.

You will see that i changed a few nodes from OPs build cuz i just consider them bad. Like True Strike (right from the Scion start). It just costs too many points for what it does id rather max the crit wheels i already got for more point efficiency. Also crit becomes the best dps stat once u reach high levels of crit/crit mult.

Some Day i will take Deadly Draw, but for now i like the attack speed more -> Bow has 1.1 Attack Speed + phys proj dmg 10% less, sucks without some IAS nodes.

Although i dont want too much IAS cuz u will go OOM in a Half regen map and then the IAS is useless and Phys dmg with crit is better anyways.

Hope i could help you.

Last edited by aGnosticc on Aug 29, 2014, 7:16:09 PM
2-3shotting packs in 75s with a 200dps bow isn't really hard with 600crit multi. 8k TS tooltip with GMP. My point is even a 1chaos bow is fine which is why everyone is playing crit bow atm in the first place.

And people go acrobatics mostly for spell dodge and to avoid having to spend passives on evasion instead. It's not like mobs actually get to melee you.
Last edited by Aggnog on Aug 30, 2014, 4:28:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info