1.2 Tornado not that good? Ice or split maybe?

"
Boltonsquads wrote:
What skill is everyone using for there single target, is Frenzy still viable due to the huge nerf it got?

puncture for me
I just kill anything with Tornado, don't see a reason to use something else.
Or does Puncture so much more damage? And with what support gems?

"

With LMP, 9 arrows.

Oh god. That would mean I only have 15 arrows with GMP instead of 25 :o ... damn. But it seems that I do more damage with GMP than with LMP, compared it in a Piety Merci run.
Hmm I use both Herald of Ash/Ice, would be nice to know if if affects the arrows from the impact or not.
Same for Point Blank.

So much unknown stuff for this skill ...
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Aug 23, 2014, 12:11:45 PM
Would an elemental tornado shot work?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4FtQguCpsMfQ-rEH8RgRUgFr8XLxmKGY4aOBqPHRQi6iP2JLAmlSj6Kk0s6TBxMHwyATKJNZI26TpCPydBh0V8Sn1KyEt4TZJRR1M1VUtW-lfiYeJh62OnZp5noG6qd9d35XjrelN9W311fyuApIGvgseG0Yd2jDaNfY2_j0aQVZeXmyabjZu1pwinhKxHr-uxBbIZtDi18rc-uJO40MAaxp7PetN-1CPWiti92jrdDd1G3ajjauUZ5wro1uvu7Djtg-969tr56PrS-wn79fzF_gr-ug==

Using TS+LMP+LL+BM+WED+Pierce/Faster Attacks for AoE

and Frenzy+BM+Faster Attacks for single target
"
Dramor wrote:
Would an elemental tornado shot work?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4FtQguCpsMfQ-rEH8RgRUgFr8XLxmKGY4aOBqPHRQi6iP2JLAmlSj6Kk0s6TBxMHwyATKJNZI26TpCPydBh0V8Sn1KyEt4TZJRR1M1VUtW-lfiYeJh62OnZp5noG6qd9d35XjrelN9W311fyuApIGvgseG0Yd2jDaNfY2_j0aQVZeXmyabjZu1pwinhKxHr-uxBbIZtDi18rc-uJO40MAaxp7PetN-1CPWiti92jrdDd1G3ajjauUZ5wro1uvu7Djtg-969tr56PrS-wn79fzF_gr-ug==

Using TS+LMP+LL+BM+WED+Pierce/Faster Attacks for AoE

and Frenzy+BM+Faster Attacks for single target

I have been thinking about this too. But if you are taking the route, AND have LL in your setup, I think you should take Vaal Pact (and Berserking) as well.
It should work considering the ST-version of the same build.

My build would probably be like this

Last edited by sikker on Aug 24, 2014, 3:21:51 AM
While it is a bit more of a mana drain, I find that GMP is superior to LMP, though not starting off. The damage reduction is going to hurt you both in terms of leeching as well as not working as well with lower DPS bows. However, once you get a stronger bow then GMP really begins to shine because the additional damage not only makes up for the damage penalty GMP induces, but it makes leeching mana/life back much, much easier. Combine that with the rather OP (IMHO) Herald of Ash gem and you've got yourself a combo that can easily obliterate groups and even single targets. Current gear I am messing around with on my current TS Ranger:

Spoiler

Now, I am very well aware that this gear is quite powerful compared to most, which is why I suggested that LMP be used at the start. If going crit-style for this build, then I'd go for a setup like this:

1. 5L = TS > GMP > FA > PPAD > Increased Critical Hit Damage
2. 6L = TS > GMP > FA > Added Fire Damage > PPAD > Increased Critical Hit Damage

3. Auras = Grace, Hatred, and HoA

4. Curses = Assassin's Mark for offense and either Enfeeble/TC for defense.

Assassin's Mark is still Critical Weakness, but now you have a chance to generate Power Charges, which can be quite helpful for crit builds, and of course dealing that extra critical hit damage, too. Granted, this isn't anything terribly new per se, but I think as of right now this is quite a good start for getting solid damage out of Tornado Shot.
I posted earlier looking for some feedback for my non-crit phys build and made some adjustments. I'm level 70 right now and this is what I am aiming to get for level 75 (I'll be heading for the reduced mana reserved nodes next).

http://poeurl.com/yX2a0Et

My gem links:

with Grace, Hatred. Will add Herald of Ash when I get the reduced mana reserved nodes.

No trouble in maps except my health feels a little low and can definitely die fairly easily if I get in a bad position/desync.

Can anyone spot any obvious errors in my build or has any advice on how to improve it?
Last edited by Olsvik on Aug 24, 2014, 11:31:37 AM
Heres what im using in rampage league gems are like lvl 18 and in 6 link. TS/FA/LMP/BM/LL/ICD tooltip on tornado shot is 5189 and I run grace and hatred. Got a slow as bow but high phy damage. Working on getting little more crit now but only lvl 80 so I got about 12-15 more points to work with as planning on getting to mid 90's

I play tornado shot like a tank with the new Chin sol buff and point blank you can get up close and do 150% extra dmg with GMP you get a crazy shotgun effect.

My passive tree so far, this is a beyond char and i got no problems clearing maps right now and i got almost no dmg nodes in the tree.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4FLQX5CC4OPA-rFCAUcRR1Fr8YkRjbGS4ZihmOGo8hYCaVJwsnLyftKaUtgzIBMn42PTa6OlJAoEKjSn1OKlBHUzVVS1W1VvpXDVuvXz9gS2FSYeJh62KsZ6BsFmyMbWxyqXTtdPF673zZfXWDtoZghxmHdpcGmyabjZu1naqezaTCpzCsqrIZtUi747yfwQTEos960iHTftlh45_tg-4O7w7vTu968pz22vsJ_Ev8xf66
Last edited by Ytzen on Aug 24, 2014, 2:10:52 PM
I'm at 9300dps at lvl 78 with TS. Using Hatred + double herald

Aiming for this or something similar

http://tinyurl.com/osrvtp6

Gear
Spoiler
No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
Last edited by Blackmogg on Aug 24, 2014, 2:24:48 PM
Just started a crit phys archer today. Messed around with just about all possible 4 links with tornado shot, ice shot, and split arrow. Conclusion is that Tornado shot is the best for shotgunning. It kills single targets faster than anything else, while ice shot is the best for clearing mobs.

What I have linked now is Tornado shot + Power charge on crit + LMP + Pierce, which works for multi and single targets. I find that power charge on crit is better than increased critical damage even though tool bar DPS is lower. This is because with power charges up, you get more crit chance, so you clear white mobs faster. If you don't crit, you 2 shot whites, if you crit, you one shot them regardless of how strong your crit is. So better to have power charges up all the time for smoother play. Also, with all 3 power charges up, you get the exact same DPS as with Increase crit damage, so you don't actually lose sustained damage when fighting high HP rares or uniques.

Also, I don't think the extra projectile from Death's Harp is counted in the tool bar, but it should count when dealing actual damage shotgunning enemies, so I don't think many decimation bows can actually beat it, since real DPS would have to be multiplied by 4/3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info