[1.1.5] maxBo's physical SplitArrow Guide (CoC + EK) ***** 300% Life *** Videos *** 250% DMG ***

Hi Together,

here is my Guide for all the Physical Rangers out there! It is very flexible and one of the top-visited guides at this forum! Keep Questions in this thread and enjoy it!

VIDEOS

Hey guys, these Videos are my first attempt in recording and uploading Gamevideos! Trying to improve the quality!

LVL69 Map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO60ZON0GE8&feature=youtu.be
LVL71 Map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2I7g8IblIw&feature=youtu.be

SKILLTREES / INFORMATION / BANDITS / LEVELING GUIDE

Standard:
--> Standard ARMOR <--
--> Standard EVASION <--

Hardcore:
--> Hardcore ARMOR <--
--> Hardcore EVASION <--

General Information:
- We dont spec massivley into Multiplier, for better surviveabillity (reflect etc)
- We grab the +Life%/+Mana% Nodes at the north to sustain our mana (big Manapool). These nodes are pretty underrated!
- Main ManaLeech / LifeLeech comes from our Equipment
- +300% Life
- Average CC ~30% (5% Bow)
- +250% increase physical and projectile damage

Bandits

- Grab 40Life, +18% DMG and the Frenzy Charge!

Leveling Guide

**NOT UPDATED** The Leveling is pretty much the same for every Variant (Standard or Hardcore / Armor or Evasion). This Section contains just...lets say "hints" **

My LVL23 Ranger in Invasion League
Info:
- Not much to say here, typical Start for Rangers ;)
- Play with Rain of Arrows, more effective cause you hit more Targets! Split Arrow spam to expensive!
- Flasks: 2 Life, 2 Mana, 1 Quicksilver
- NO problems till now :D
- I skiped corrupted areas till now!
- Single Target: Burning Arrow

LVL40 Ranger in Invasion League
Info:
- Switching to Lightning arrow + LMP ! (If you have Chain play with SA+Chain)
- Single Target: Frenzy!
- Feeling smooth, no Mana issues
- Flasks: 2 Life, 2 Mana, 1 Hybrid
- Skipping DMG/Crit Nodes in South, heading North for Life

LVL 60 in Invasion League
Info:
- Get Resis, +Life on every piece of Equip (max. it we are hitting merciless)
- SplitArrow + Faster Attacks + Manaleech + xxx
- Frenzy + Manaleech + xxx + xxxx
- No mana issues!
- Flasks 2 life, 2 mana, 1 quicksilver

90 Points (~lvl70)

Info:
- Grabing all neccessary Life Nodes
- Try to get all manaleech from gear
- Get Life Leech
- Fully collected all the required Gems

lvl85

Info:
- Grabing all CritChance Nodes
- Now we go for all Critchance + CritDamage Nodes...now we should switch to CoC + EK =)

GEAR & REQUIREMENTS

Standard Requirements like many other Guides.

Max Resistances: All come from our Equipment
Life: Get as much as +Life on Armor and Jewellery as you can.
Mana: We need +Mana on Jewellery (Lions Glare bow provides also +Mana)
Leech: Get at least 2% Life leech and 4% Mana leech from Equipment!

feyith:"After extensive testing, IMO bow priority for crit builds is: Windripper [for CoC only] > Mirrored Harbinger > Lioneye's > Budget Harbinger > Doomfletch > Death's Harp > Quill Rain."

Thanks for that Information, feyith!

maxbo:"
- Lions Glare works with that Build very well! Of course a Harbinger Bow would be awesome but the prices for those bows are hilariously high :D
- OFC the new WIndripper is good to for this build cause its high critchance...but didn test it myself ;)
- Maligaros Gloves for DPS boost
"

Gem Setup

This Setup is only Recommended for lvl80+ and if you meet the required Gear. Otherwise play this build without CoC + EK! (Instead play with added Fire Gem + Physical Projectiles or CritChance and Multiplier)

Split Arrow:
6L: Split Arrow + CoC + EK + Chain + Faster Attacks + PCoC
5L: Split Arrow + CoC + EK + Chain + Faster Attacks
4L: Split Arrow + CoC + EK + Chain

Gems used:

Frenzy:
6L: Frenzy + Faster Attacks + Inc. Physi. Attack + Critical Chance + Critical Damage + Added Fire Damage
5L: Frenzy + Faster Attacks + Inc. Physi. Attack + Critical Chance + Critical Damage
4L: Frenzy + Faster Attacks + Inc. Physi. Attack + Critical Chance

Gems used:

Survivabillity:
4L: CWDT LVL 1 + Immortal Call LVL 1 (steady Procc with 0,2sec immortal) + xxx + xxx
4L: CWDT + Molten Shell + xxx + xxx

Gems Used:

For more Surviveabillity put LifeLeech into Frenzy and Life Gain on Hit into SplitArrow:

Auras & Curses

- We only use Grace Aura for good Defense
- Link Critical Weakness to Aura and Reduced Mana Gem
- Everything else is welcome from Partys ;) ;)

Playstyle

- Frenzy for single target DMG and sustaining Charges for attack speed!
- Split Arrow for AOE
- This Build works well cause SplitArrow does also huge amount of DMG. In conclusion SA ist not only for proccing EK.
- Chaining Gem helps to get small hits back from reflect monster. The small dmg hits can be better mitigated from Armor!

My Gear

Life: 6.300
Mana: 800
Physical Red atlvl90: ~50%
Resists: all at 75 and more!
Frenzy DPS: ~15-30.000 (Depends on the Party, GEMs, Charges & Auras!)

OVERRATED TREE SECTIONS

s66n3eni

wczh2m99

ezbb8dfh

UNDERRATED TREE SECTIONS

q8hxpqk5

6zhnx26n

Greeez Max
Ingame: maxboo
Last edited by maxboo on July 6, 2014 8:53 AM
updated a lil bit
I love it! :)

Any special reason why you go for iron reflexes and not evasion style? I mean sure you get 1 extra frenzy charge, but acrobatics and ondars guile would free up so freakin many points :) (you ofc not use Lioneyes then). My guess would be you feel chain + Iron reflexes makes phys reflect easier to deal with, in combination with CWDT.

Also if you go for influence + charisma you will have 30% of your total mana pool ready for use :) Wouldn't that be somewhat superior to the increased max mana pool (provided you have enough leech of course) :)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B0QR-BbUILgzyDkgPqxGWFfAZihmOGo8hdiQ8JP0mlSepKlstgy9vMHwx-jIBMpQ2PTnUOlg-z0lRUUdVS1ptX-Fh4mKsayRtbG17b_JwUnC7cNV293fXfXV_An8rf8aGzocZiGuMNo19jb-VBZXplwabJpuNnaOdqqCfoSKhpKJApcum4Kdcp9Sqf6q4r-uxMLIZtUi7473mwFHEosqpz3rSGdN-1CPVANaK1p3W0dkT2cbcFeHb44TnVOd06NbrFO2D8EL0-Pba-WP7Cfyr_rr-yA==

something along these lines (extra projectile nodes for extra EK dmg)

Also added fire dmg and hatred boosts both fire dmg and EK dmg :)
Last edited by Frankenberry on February 9, 2014 4:07 AM
Hey Bro thanks for the feedback....

First of all, with this build you can experiment a lot. I used Regret orbs worth about 5ex to come to this build. It was a normal Physical Split Arrow Build. You can easly take out the CoC and EK and put other Gems in so you are only a typical Crit/SA Ranger. Or you use LA...it works too ;)

1. Your Skilltree has 60% lesser Life-%-increase ....thats a HUGE load! That would be 1500-2000 Life on my Character :D :D

2. I just Like Iron Reflexes. Chain + Armor = I feel safe :D . You can sure try to spec into Evasion...try it, but ofc you cant use LG than. This would suck for me cause you need than Accuracy Stat(! :)

3. Aura Nodes: Thats exactly what i experimented with! (the many regret orbs ;D) You need about 8 Points to spec into influence + charisma and what comes out? You cant barely sustain mana with 2 Auras. You also would need Alphas howl where you have no +Life suffix! (even more more lifedecrease). You get hatred...ok....more dps...but this aura has everyone turned on in partys :D :D . If you play solo believe me, you will have enough DPS for clrearing the map efficent. Thats why I grab the +Mana/+Life nodes and not the "ManaGeyser" next to "charisma" they are extremly strong. Outcome +24% Mana, + 18% Life, +20 INT in 5 Points...you can run only 1 Aura but you are able to sustain mana :)

4. Ofc instead of Faster Attacks you can add "Adde fire dmg gem".....as you wish!! But i like the attackspeed..it feels SO MUCH smoother, believe me :D

5. I also speced ones into the +8% Projectiles nodes....you can do so if you have Points left.

Greeeeze Max
I can facetank Dominus :P Phase 2 that is :P Phase 1 with the wiggly electric worm thing hell no xD
IGN : Ericaa or Rosasaurfang
Online throughout the day, but farming mode from 8pm-12am (GMT+8).
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam Streaming every day from 7pm-12am GMT+8!
I did dominus as well on lvl78 map....but i had to switch some gear (lifeleech on gear, lifeleech gem for frenzy and Lifeo n hit for split arrow) etc......

But overall you need nice gear mit much life, resis etc....but you need that on any build to master those bosses i gues :D
Hello. I'm using Split Cast-on-Crit EK build too.

But I quickly ran out of mana with standart bows, even using clarity, so I switched to blood magic support at level ~50. Using Scion class as base.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YFtQzyFSAV8Bm0JP0qTSzpMHEwfDGeMgk1kjY9OdQ6QjsoPs8_J0rIS3hN41FHWlJgQ2NDbEZuPW6qb_JwUnDVcmx9dYMJiGuI8Y19jb-bXaCfoaSly6ZXp9Somqluqn-quKxZr6e18rvjvebAUcSixqLK082Y037UI9UA3BXdqN7G4dvjhOdU6mLvevKX8-r2o_lj-rH-j_66_sg=

I know this build is strange, but I theorycrafted it myself, this is my first 50+ build. I have 6 unallocated passives at the moment, planning to drop acrobatics and grab Iron Reflexes and some life nodes. Then I'll get 6L chest.

My current gear (mostly crap):
Spoiler

Need upgrade for helm; boots and amulet are only for int, since I accidentally leveled up Critical Weakness and cannot use it anymore without decent int gear. Maybe I will scour it in near future.

I use Banquet for even more critical chance, currently my crit-meter shows me ~1.8 crits per second with full frenzy charges, assuming power charges changing from 0 to 5 being around 2.5 for purpose of calculation. If I'll pick Harbinger bow with good stats there will be ~2 cps maximum, so I'm not getting it. I rely completely on crits.

Running Hatred, also have Grace+Determination on my groupmate.

My build clears 66 maps really well, being in party with dominator, shooting behind meat wall. I can destroy packs even without my mate's help. But almost any strike I don't dodge brings me down to 50% hp, I'm true glass cannon. And I can't kill solo mobs.

Any tips here?

PS: added video, Merc Docks, PC lvl 67 http://youtu.be/s8l9876XdLI
Hateful post.
Last edited by Kaskar on February 9, 2014 9:48 PM
"
Completed 1 Challengemaxboo wrote:
You need about 8 Points to spec into influence + charisma and what comes out? You cant barely sustain mana with 2 Auras. You also would need Alphas howl where you have no +Life suffix!

Not flaming, I'm just not understanding how you have mana issues when you have leech and good physical damage. I'm running 3 auras without Alpha's Howl and never run out. Since my resists come from auras, I can put other stuff on my gear.

"
Completed 1 ChallengeKaskar wrote:
My build clears 66 maps really well, being in party with dominator, shooting behind meat wall. I can destroy packs even without my mate's help. But almost any strike I don't dodge brings me down to 50% hp, I'm true glass cannon. And I can't kill solo mobs.

Any tips here?

It kind of comes with the territory, IMO. The thing I like most about this game is that it's balanced. So you either have really good offense, defense or a mix. You also mentioned gear upgrades, which I think would address a lot of your issues. If you're already doing enough damage, maybe give some up for better armor, more life and/or energy shield.

As for solo mobs: Just because you have SA with CoC doesn't mean you use it all the time for everything. Pick a secondary attack for bosses. I do Puncture with Increased Physical Damage and Crit Multiplier. Most rares/bosses bleed out in 1-2 shots.
WTS legacy, near perfect, 6L Windripper with Elemental Leech for the price of a 5L!
Trade thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/966835
Gameplay video channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/feyith
Last edited by feyith on February 9, 2014 9:13 PM
"
feyith wrote:
As for solo mobs: Just because you have SA with CoC doesn't mean you use it all the time for everything. Pick a secondary attack for bosses. I do Puncture with Increased Physical Damage and Crit Multiplier. Most rares/bosses bleed out in 1-2 shots.

I use Quill Rain. And I added a video, I'd appreciate if you'll look through it. Lvl 67, Mecr Docks.
Hateful post.
Last edited by Kaskar on February 9, 2014 9:48 PM
I think the biggest problem with Quill Rain is you really need enough life and mana on hit to make it work. I don't understand what you mean by this:

"
Completed 1 ChallengeKaskar wrote:
currently my crit-meter shows me ~1.8 crits per second with full frenzy charges, assuming power charges changing from 0 to 5 being around 2.5 for purpose of calculation. If I'll pick Harbinger bow with good stats there will be ~2 cps maximum, so I'm not getting it.

Something I noticed in your video is those single target mobs get too close to you. Just give this a try: grab a Harbinger bow off the ground and craft with it. Even something crummy will make you proc EK the same number of times per second due to the increased crit chance and give you way higher base DPS than your Quill Rain, especially against singles. If you're worried about attack speed, the OP uses a Lioneye's and Frenzy.
WTS legacy, near perfect, 6L Windripper with Elemental Leech for the price of a 5L!
Trade thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/966835
Gameplay video channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/feyith
Last edited by feyith on February 9, 2014 10:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info