Brutus and Merveil now OP QQ

Fuck Merveil

I don't know about the normal one, but the one at graveyard lags the fuck out of your computer, with an area about the size of forest encampment.

Seems like a fucking good idea to put so much crap into such a tiny area with so many desync friendly terrains.
"
starRising wrote:

Merveil needs to be fix. She started her attack the moment I stepped in. The fountains are too much and block the view. I had 27% cold resisted died like 5 times.

Well, there's your problem...
"
Serpenton wrote:
I think Brutus is way easier since he spawns adds, so you don't need to tp to town to fill your flasks.

Merveil is a little more challenging, but it's a piece of cake to dodge her attacks after you get the sequence.

Both fights now happen in an empty area without any structural elements, which I think leads to less de-sync. At least I experience zero de-sync during the Brutus fight for the first time in 2 years.

Oh no! I hated most of the D3 boss fights for exactly the same reason that most of them took place in an empty room with nothing to hide behind. Torchlight II got boss fights perfect and most arenas were designed so that you could dodge behind objects to save yourself. The D3 Butcher boss was maximum annoying (not fun) when all of the damn floor segments turned to fire and you had no place to go to be safe and nowhere to hide to avoid his attacks. That just showed how little to no imagination was put into the boss fights. Just throw you into an empty room with the boss with no obstacles to use. Why the H is GGG using the same failed D3 crappy boss arenas here. It failed big time in D3 and fails here too.

2 huge thumbs down for this change. Shame on you GGG!
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

On normal...? She is still pretty damn easy on normal. I haven't fought her on cruel or merciless yet.

Yeah she's easy on normal, her damage sucks. We'll see how it goes in Cruel, I'm almost there :D

Her damage may have not been bad, but in the second form 1) couldn't find a place not to get hit with a water spout 2) couldn't get near here with all the Addies and two other uniques
Brutus is fine, but I think Merveil needs to be looked at. With a fresh league, no one has stash tabs full of resists gear so you walk into that fight with maybe 1 sapphire ring. Yes you can purchase more, but I've had terrible currency drops so far and I didn't have any wisdom scrolls to purchase one. The fight isn't bad until her 3 daughters pop up. Lightning, cold, and fire at the same time with a ridiculous number of the water spouts is stupid for Act 1 normal.

Not sure if they are trying to force new players to learn they need resists, but for the most part you used to not have to care about resists until Act 3 normal.

Is GGG really trying to push new players away from their game even more? The fights are more interesting for sure, but they already had new players that couldn't beat Brutus or Merveil and then just quit the game. These new fights will just exacerbate the problem.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
I wonder how many pro-Mervail peeps here were in there in Standard league decked out in pure uniques. lol - "YOLO'D RIGHT IN THERE BOYS AND IT WAS EZ MODE"

Really?? Not in my 3x yellows and rest blues - and 1 gem combos at level 15 it was hard as fuck. I died fucking 6 times - there's no room to stand without getting AOE'd to shit and back, and the rotation is set so fast... even when you find a spot with no mobs, it changes and you are in AOE. ><

Anyways - whatever... this will degen into "learn to play noob" really quickly - and again: will laugh my ass off when people start to admit: yeah, you are sporting pure uniques and level 20 and claiming how stupid easy it is.

Do it on a brand spanking new character from scratch solo. Lemme know how that goes for ya.

new character, destroyed both in normal. ice nova > merveil adds. Cruel has me a bit nervous, but my new character is feeling pretty strong, and i will probably have life leech by then.

(the falling rocks and extra darkness and millions of adds from the kauri spirit recovery master quest thingy, however, was too stronk, plus it doesnt reset if you mess up)
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Aug 21, 2014, 9:37:41 AM
Graveyard 70lvl map Merveil now +1 skip boss confirmed for some builds

laggy effects+tonz of "if u stay u die spelz like icebarrage or icestorm" and rly nasty summons
ign - FancySneakyDevil
"
"
Isbox1 wrote:

Anyways - whatever... this will degen into "learn to play noob" really quickly

Yea L2P, people have been slammin merv with no gear on beyond league since the beginning with little issue.

This is *very* build dependent.

Some builds will find her trivial. Other builds she will completely shut down.

Summoners are one of the builds she completely shuts down.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
"
Isbox1 wrote:

Anyways - whatever... this will degen into "learn to play noob" really quickly

Yea L2P, people have been slammin merv with no gear on beyond league since the beginning with little issue.

This is *very* build dependent.

Some builds will find her trivial. Other builds she will completely shut down.

Summoners are one of the builds she completely shuts down.

I concur

I also wish to move that people try her level 14 shadow side - no health nodes - flicker strike + fire trap with just 27% cold resist and lemme know how that turns out for you =p

She is wound pretty tight right now - and once she's killed enough players for GGG egos, they will tweak her to be a decent encounter for solo and all specs...

FARMING for a NORMAL MODE BOSS including gem running throw away characters is NOT my idea of fun.
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
too many casuals on this thread

Not everyone can be elite. Most in fact are working class gamers. So tell us, oh knowledgeable and wise sage of Tradeclast, how did you make it to the top?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info