Brutus and Merveil now OP QQ

So far Normal Merveil is the only thing that got me killed, went there with 10 cold res and underleveled... In Cruel i had no problems, 75 allres and i believe i was +1 level..

Tonight i will see how it goes on Merciless.

New Brutus desyncs much less, and Kole too or was i just lucky?
d:-D*
"
Qiox wrote:
I was having a good time leveling up using summon raging spirits, animate weapon, and animate guardian.

I was getting to merveil in normal and decided to prep for it. Got a bunch of weapon in my inventory to animate and decked out my guardian as best I could.

I had 2 cold resist rings on and a bit more from gear putting me at 60%.

Went in and dropped the weapons and animated half of them, then saw that my guardian had died in about 10s.

The weapons disappeared as soon as they got close to her.

My raging spirit spam could not get through the constant trash summons. The only way to damage Merveil was to run on top of her and summon the raging spirits right there.

The fight took 30 minutes with 6 deaths before I was able to down her.

If the answer is use some other skill to level and switch to summons later that means to me that summons are broken and need to be fixed.

Or that merveil is broken and needs to be fixed.

Same thing happened to me.

I finally wound up saying to heck with it and killed her using Fire Trap. Pointless to even try summoning minions.

I've since encountered a mission for the armor master that is even worse. Unkillable totems spamming AoE's. Once you recover the spirit, the entire cavern starts collapsing (constant aoe's to the entire map) while monsters spawn. Minions were dead in under 2 seconds.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Aug 22, 2014, 12:03:31 AM
"
Merveil is more difficult than Dominus now.

Whaaaaaaat no. Especially not if you include all the sub-bosses. No.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Hodari wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
"
werezompire wrote:
Was able to beat both on the first try in Rampage league (so I didn't have a bunch of great equipment in my stash), but I can see Merveil in particular being really tough for brand-new players. Brand new players don't know to buy a bunch of cold res rings.

We learned quickly enough. ^_^

Yeah, shouldn't be THAT hard to figure out that if you're taking massive elemental damage, you might want to get your resists up a bit more. At most, maybe for new players, they could add some sort of hint to Nessa's "If you must take your chances..." dialogue.

I don't think you understand what "New Player" means...

I literally started playing yesterday. Played a dual claw Shadow to level 30, Act 3, with absolutely no hiccups or struggles, didn't even remember the Merveil fight. So today, after the patch, I wanted to try a different class. I made a Templar with the intention of being a mage mostly. Since I went all out offense the first time and had no problem, I did the same thing. Merveil was impossible. I tried 10 times and only got her to half health because her shield regened faster than I could damage her. The RNG vendors didn't have an resist rings, so my only option at that point was just to go farm maps trying to get something to drop, and who the heck wants to do that so early in game play. "Exit Program."

A few hours later, I decided to give the game another try, but with a different class and the new found knowledge. Made a 2H Mace Maraurder. Not only did the RNG gods shine on me with ridiculous drops, this class has the option for +37% cold resist from passives built in. The weapon that dropped for me, at the time it dropped was so O.P., and even in Act 2 now, is still O.P., that I could auto attack yellow mobs twice and they died. The vendor also had a 27% Cold Resist ring this time, and a 24%, which I didn't even need because I was over capped with the first one. I was level 16 when I got to Merveil, same as the Templar, but the fight was entirely different. I leaped on her face, tanked everything, and when she teleported away, I leaped on her face again. I had one moment where I fell below half where in phase two, I was ignoring her minions and she summoned a water spout on me. I walked out of it, continued to ignore the minions and jumped on her face.

I still don't have enough direct knowledge of the game to make an educated observation being that it's only day 2, but I have never played a game where one early fight can have such drastically different results. Since this is free to play and players have only a couple hours invested by the time they get to Merveil the first time, this seems like an unreasonable road block and has a lot of potential to making the game unfun.

The thing that still bugs me about brutus and merv is that they don´t have a introduction script or do a speech like all ac3 bosses or vaal or the bandits.

You just walkz into the rooms and they attack.. wow
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Aug 22, 2014, 1:45:11 AM
I like the new Brutus, The new Merveil feels tedious especially if your dps is low you have to move a lot lol.

Ive done them on normal and cruel in Beyond so far

They are in no way too hard you just have to learn to dodge (it almost feels sightly like dark souls lol)
I dont see any any key!
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:
Graveyard 70lvl map Merveil now +1 skip boss confirmed for some builds

laggy effects+tonz of "if u stay u die spelz like icebarrage or icestorm" and rly nasty summons
+10
And the most "fun" part is that after you enter the room you cannot escape from there (well you "can", but only using portal).
"
Isbox1 wrote:
The last piece of info I'll say on the Merveil topic is that I'll be getting 75% cold resists and +hundreds of life gear prior to engaging her next go round... and in a group. This is how it is designed and this will be how I will play it.
Wise decision. My lvl86 summoner and guildie lvl80+ RF ripped both yesterday by her on fleet lvl70 map. Oh, and she did destroy my evangelists in like a 3 seconds despite that they were under shields. Still don't understand how it is possible at all - they are virtually immune to anything up to 75map bosses, and some stupid ice-witch just shreds them in seconds :)
"
Qiox wrote:
If the answer is use some other skill to level and switch to summons later that means to me that summons are broken and need to be fixed.
Lol, man, summons definitely are NOT broken, just read above.
"
Qiox wrote:
Or that merveil is broken and needs to be fixed.
^this
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Weslie wrote:
Me and a friend did the Merveil fight and we both have pretty good rigs with no lag. The fight felt insane, she spammed those water cyclones like all hell, there was almost no space where we could go. Then when she has her daughters too, it's ridiculous because there's no room to dodge the actual attacks of them and merveil while there's also cyclones fucking everywhere. We finished it with one death but it still felt horribly overtuned, new players will probably get stuck and extremely turned off by the fight.

isnt that a fight you can tell your friends while drinking some mead in valhalla?! thats how it should be! there is no place in this world but real men!! :-)

back to topic:
they will end up easier than dominus did! he was (is?!) a pain in the A.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
I wonder how many pro-Mervail peeps here were in there in Standard league decked out in pure uniques. lol - "YOLO'D RIGHT IN THERE BOYS AND IT WAS EZ MODE"

Really?? Not in my 3x yellows and rest blues - and 1 gem combos at level 15 it was hard as fuck. I died fucking 6 times - there's no room to stand without getting AOE'd to shit and back, and the rotation is set so fast... even when you find a spot with no mobs, it changes and you are in AOE. ><

Anyways - whatever... this will degen into "learn to play noob" really quickly - and again: will laugh my ass off when people start to admit: yeah, you are sporting pure uniques and level 20 and claiming how stupid easy it is.

Do it on a brand spanking new character from scratch solo. Lemme know how that goes for ya.

Had a ranger archer without decent geare mostly blue unlinked one.
I swapped my amulet for a coral one and had 75% cold res.
I think I overleveled her normal

Fight was fun as soon as you understand the mechanism..sadly her daughter grant noo loot: (
On cruel that was a different story: at best 20% all res but still doable if you understand the fight
Archer with split arrow fire arrow (single) and bear trap.

Tough I feared the most the brutus fight... I do t thing 8t was harder, funnier: definitely!
By the way that was the first time I carried sooo many life flask (usually qs :o)

Spike damage were a bit toned down and ways more easier to manage
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Love the new bosses, especially Merv. FInally a fight suitable for an Act boss.

I dont experience much slowdowns with Merv, though I havent done her in maps (where PFS drops are more likely)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info