Brutus and Merveil now OP QQ

I like the rework on these fights and I like that they are harder. Well Merveil is harder anyway. I just kept Brutus frozen the whole time. But back to my point. These are bosses they should be hard. Before the rework they were super easy and that is kinda dumb. Bosses should provide a challenge.
GGG Please Fix My Email.
I'm not going to sit here and argue - because this is obviously one of those hot topics that usually earns me a probation when I speak my peace.

The last piece of info I'll say on the Merveil topic is that I'll be getting 75% cold resists and +hundreds of life gear prior to engaging her next go round... and in a group. This is how it is designed and this will be how I will play it.
"
Charan wrote:
"
werezompire wrote:
Was able to beat both on the first try in Rampage league (so I didn't have a bunch of great equipment in my stash), but I can see Merveil in particular being really tough for brand-new players. Brand new players don't know to buy a bunch of cold res rings.

We learned quickly enough. ^_^

True. I guess I did get killed by the old Merveil on my first character before I knew to stack cold res. :)
Just equip your common shiver sting bastard sword for merv... At least normal merv by the way go alpha howls or dream fragments for cruel and merciless.
"
Charan wrote:
"
werezompire wrote:
Was able to beat both on the first try in Rampage league (so I didn't have a bunch of great equipment in my stash), but I can see Merveil in particular being really tough for brand-new players. Brand new players don't know to buy a bunch of cold res rings.

We learned quickly enough. ^_^

Yeah, shouldn't be THAT hard to figure out that if you're taking massive elemental damage, you might want to get your resists up a bit more. At most, maybe for new players, they could add some sort of hint to Nessa's "If you must take your chances..." dialogue.
Merveil is more difficult than Dominus now. All the fun of the computer-destroying power of... rain combined with near merciless Weaver minion quantity. Whether that really makes sense for the first act boss fight in the game or not, whatever.

The Oversoul is an absolute joke comparatively.
I was having a good time leveling up using summon raging spirits, animate weapon, and animate guardian.

I was getting to merveil in normal and decided to prep for it. Got a bunch of weapon in my inventory to animate and decked out my guardian as best I could.

I had 2 cold resist rings on and a bit more from gear putting me at 60%.

Went in and dropped the weapons and animated half of them, then saw that my guardian had died in about 10s.

The weapons disappeared as soon as they got close to her.

My raging spirit spam could not get through the constant trash summons. The only way to damage Merveil was to run on top of her and summon the raging spirits right there.

The fight took 30 minutes with 6 deaths before I was able to down her.

If the answer is use some other skill to level and switch to summons later that means to me that summons are broken and need to be fixed.

Or that merveil is broken and needs to be fixed.
Last edited by Qiox on Aug 21, 2014, 11:19:01 PM
I found the actual fights to be about the same. Merveil a bit easier than before, Brutus not much difference.

Game overall though, much easier. I'm quite honestly shocked to find such a reaction. I came to the forums expecting "OMG game too EZ now way to cater to casuals" type of posts. Playing softcore this time around but still only died twice--once during falling rock master quest thing, and once to desync cruel Dominus. But more importantly, gear is an after thought now until merci. Soooo much life just from leveling and damage is crazy. I am on merci now and it is a bit closer to the game I am used to playing.
havent had an issue with either during the entire beyond league, even in groups

merc merv and brutus are both farmable pushovers
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Aug 21, 2014, 11:25:10 PM
Err

After looking at some of the more replies I should add this: If playing a Witch summoner (or I suppose Siren/Shadow/Temp summoner as well) you really just want to load up on spell damage and an AoE attack for most of Act 1 and Act 2. Summons don't really kick in until later. Always been that way, but easier now than before both with the hp changes and giving summons regen/life steal. A couple leagues ago and I generally went all of normal without summons, but was able to switch to them early A2 this time.

I went up the spell damage side initially, then when the ES side was connected through the center summon nodes, I used my passive refunds to take away the spell damage ones (since I don't use them anymore). Game gives you passive refunds for a reason, use them :)
Last edited by Ameluxen on Aug 21, 2014, 11:34:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info