Brutus and Merveil now OP QQ

Had 0 cold resi, just your regular bow ranger with puncture, fire trap and poison arrow. First try didn´t knowed the fight. win.

Well let´s see how well cruel and merc will be.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Aug 21, 2014, 6:00:03 PM
"
"
Isbox1 wrote:

Anyways - whatever... this will degen into "learn to play noob" really quickly

Yea L2P, people have been slammin merv with no gear on beyond league since the beginning with little issue.

L2P = run in circles while tossing Fire Trap. Get over yourself.

The complaint is not that she's unbeatable. The complaint is, she invalidates entire builds at a level those builds don't typically have the tools deal with swarms + screenwide AoE.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Aug 21, 2014, 6:30:12 PM
"
twistedforce wrote:
I dont think there OP at all I think there improved from very dull and boring fights. The new Merveil and Brutus are a great challenge and I found them to be very fun, I should note I was playing in beyond when I fought both of them for the first time and didnt die so im sure with some practice youll do just fine.

Its very similar to the Piety and Dominous fights when they were first released people said they were to hard now look at them there pretty easy once you know the mechanics and how to properly do the fights.

well both got nerfed :P

New Brutus is awesome.. did fight him 4x and not a single desync + the new mechanics are kinda cool.

Merveil however is a huge lagfest in Phase 2. 8+ Water Spouts, 3 Adds with Aura effects and 10+ Squids is a alot. Still the fight is very easy even as melee. Its not that hard to get 2 Cold Resit rings (and no *bad* currency drops dont exist.. enough items are dropping that can be sold for Scroll Scraps and Shards so its no problem to get the rings. you dont need Chaos or Exalts for 2 Rings!).
"
Yogoff wrote:
"
twistedforce wrote:
I dont think there OP at all I think there improved from very dull and boring fights. The new Merveil and Brutus are a great challenge and I found them to be very fun, I should note I was playing in beyond when I fought both of them for the first time and didnt die so im sure with some practice youll do just fine.

Its very similar to the Piety and Dominous fights when they were first released people said they were to hard now look at them there pretty easy once you know the mechanics and how to properly do the fights.

well both got nerfed :P

New Brutus is awesome.. did fight him 4x and not a single desync + the new mechanics are kinda cool.

Merveil however is a huge lagfest in Phase 2. 8+ Water Spouts, 3 Adds with Aura effects and 10+ Squids is a alot. Still the fight is very easy even as melee. Its not that hard to get 2 Cold Resit rings (and no *bad* currency drops dont exist.. enough items are dropping that can be sold for Scroll Scraps and Shards so its no problem to get the rings. you dont need Chaos or Exalts for 2 Rings!).

Well, its easy for some but not for all. While i like a challenge, the new fights are just cheap mass mob spam encounters.
It's a case of being far easier than it looks. The first time anyone faces the new Merveil they're going to feel overwhelmed. But come on. Act Boss. She's finally behaving like one, and you're complaining?

If she's fucking with your performance, then fine, I agree that's a legitimate complaint. But if this is about raw difficulty, I suggest taking some deep breaths, remembering that she's meant to be the toughest monster in all of Act One, and learning how to defeat her.

Spoiler
Kill those damn fire and lightning daughters ASAP.

Maybe it's just because we had to test her through *much* more difficult iterations (ohkos all over the place!), but I don't think so. Plenty of players from all skill levels are responding that they're able to handle her.

Either way, best of luck. I sincerely hope that GGG leave her as she is, and I think it'd take a much larger force of negative feedback for them to act.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Aug 21, 2014, 8:39:32 PM
Well to be fair I was always afraid of her Icespears (old Hailrake teached me to be afraid of icespears :P), so I normally go to her with about 2 sapphire-rings worth of cold-res :P

Both ranger and witch had no problem with her, although as a witch it was a bit more troublesome but thats early witch in general, got a lot better than before though.

I do also really like Brutus.

I hope the Bandits get redone next. Oak is easy but obnoxius, Kraytin is just terryfing in cruel for ES users, before they can stack either armor or ES (it is mainly because you can't avoid him and he does not allow ES-regeneration without being lucky and if you don't have Granites for him he might mess you up). He is actually one of the few bosses that is easier in Merc because you have better gear there and your char has more options to fight against him.
I had no issues with her every time i fought her, but im experienced enough to have some insant health pots at that point in the game.

I personally feel that the fight is overtuned on normal because such huge barriers when you play the game for the first time are just not fun and an instant turnoff.
Was able to beat both on the first try in Rampage league (so I didn't have a bunch of great equipment in my stash), but I can see Merveil in particular being really tough for brand-new players. Brand new players don't know to buy a bunch of cold res rings.
Last edited by werezompire on Aug 21, 2014, 9:01:28 PM
"
werezompire wrote:
Was able to beat both on the first try in Rampage league (so I didn't have a bunch of great equipment in my stash), but I can see Merveil in particular being really tough for brand-new players. Brand new players don't know to buy a bunch of cold res rings.

We learned quickly enough. ^_^
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Well is it just that flameblast is so OP in low levels. I just did Merveil with 6! coldres (just didn't find that sapphire at the vendor when I started looking) and didn't even use a portal. Became a little tricky when the adds spawned (was surprised / didn't expect the daughters) but still...

... probably a lot harder for a weapon based char as you will not have good equipment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info