Brutus and Merveil now OP QQ

I dont think there OP at all I think there improved from very dull and boring fights. The new Merveil and Brutus are a great challenge and I found them to be very fun, I should note I was playing in beyond when I fought both of them for the first time and didnt die so im sure with some practice youll do just fine.

Its very similar to the Piety and Dominous fights when they were first released people said they were to hard now look at them there pretty easy once you know the mechanics and how to properly do the fights.
Brutus is about the same if not easier.

Merveil isn't too bad but her 2nd form killed my fps more than anything. I ended up face tanking her because by running around trying to dodge things I was more likely to get myself killed than keeping myself alive.

I get that GGG wants to both make things harder and make things look nicer but they need to stop putting effects in that kills peoples computers. I almost feel like I need to stop playing for 2-4 months when they do things like this because until they optimize it at least a bit. This is kind of what I did at launch when they put out Dominus and his wonderfully (not) optimized effects.
We did both tonight in beyond league. Brutus was actualy easyer then befor. The range of the Groundslam AoE suprised me for a second, but it did less damage then i had thought.

Merveil on normal was a bit more of a chalange. The main problem is, that many builds lack a good AoE when encountering her first, so all those small adds don't drop dead the second they spawn. I think that will change in cruel.

All in all i enjoyed that fight much more then befor.
Last edited by dateneinheit on Aug 21, 2014, 4:04:35 AM
"
Isbox1 wrote:
I wonder how many pro-Mervail peeps here were in there in Standard league decked out in pure uniques. lol - "YOLO'D RIGHT IN THERE BOYS AND IT WAS EZ MODE"

Really?? Not in my 3x yellows and rest blues - and 1 gem combos at level 15 it was hard as fuck. I died fucking 6 times - there's no room to stand without getting AOE'd to shit and back, and the rotation is set so fast... even when you find a spot with no mobs, it changes and you are in AOE. ><

Anyways - whatever... this will degen into "learn to play noob" really quickly - and again: will laugh my ass off when people start to admit: yeah, you are sporting pure uniques and level 20 and claiming how stupid easy it is.

Do it on a brand spanking new character from scratch solo. Lemme know how that goes for ya.

Erm.. I did it as a brand new character in the new HC league. So did every other person above level 18 in the new HC league. It's really not that hard wear a white cold res ring if you have to.
"
twistedforce wrote:
I dont think there OP at all I think there improved from very dull and boring fights. The new Merveil and Brutus are a great challenge and I found them to be very fun, I should note I was playing in beyond when I fought both of them for the first time and didnt die so im sure with some practice youll do just fine.

Its very similar to the Piety and Dominous fights when they were first released people said they were to hard now look at them there pretty easy once you know the mechanics and how to properly do the fights.

Well, brutus maybe, but merveil i cant see myself doing her solo in HC. :(

Also, guest monster kinda ruined it a bit for me. GGG did what blizz did in D2 with shuffling monsters around.

I give it another shot with the brutus and merveil fights though. I dont think it will go much better than before, im sure.
I just start in Rampage today and so far:

Brutus vs Shadow: Shadow wins even before skele spawn. 10 unspent skill pts.

Brutus vs Freeze Pulse Witch: Brutus kill her once but it was hard to tell what happend since skeles keep spawning.

Merveil vs Shadow: 50% res still unspent pts, needed 4 tps. Hard to tell what is damage after first form and then her purple buddy, shooting some purple stuff. Landscape is like deliberately blocking and I hate being slowed. Would have been not too bad if I had used pts then.

Merveil vs Witch: I don't think this will be very fun.

EDIT: My witchy destroy them in little time.
Last edited by raziekeljr on Aug 21, 2014, 7:55:01 AM
too many casuals on this thread
Brutus fight was fine, enjoyed it.
First phase Merveil is a copy of Dominus, disappointed.
Second phase Merveil I had issues with trying to dodge the water spouts. I would move out of them visually, but had a hard time finding a place that I wasn't taking damage from them... Just seemed like a lag/desync filled mess of a fight to me...

Didn't die from either fight. But had numerous close calls from the water spouts :-(
"

PS: I used to not have desync during those fights now i had it during brutus. :/

I know you are a well established troll but that's just bullshit.

EVERYONE ALWAYS had desync during the Brutus fight, it's not even something you can have an opinion on it's a fact (and I assume the reason the changed the fight).
Nothing to see here.
Both in normal, yes the fights were a bit different, but they both died as quickly as usual. Merv was a bit annoying with the teleports, but my attack was locked on her so my char auto-pivoted as I continued to attack ignoring everything around me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info