Brutus and Merveil now OP QQ

"
Isbox1 wrote:

Anyways - whatever... this will degen into "learn to play noob" really quickly

Yea L2P, people have been slammin merv with no gear on beyond league since the beginning with little issue.
anything is everything
Enjoyed the varied Brutus and Merveil fights. These portal spawns every other minute otoh, giant pita, fun wore off after the first portal boss I killed, 100000 portals later... guess what - portals still not fun, slow as molasses leveling, wait till fotm rolls around.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Meh it's hard to comment on these topics when I can't relate at all.

Brutus feels outright easier. No longer does he constantly hook and you can even recharge flasks. Merveil is definitely harder but at least in normal she is nothing special with a fresh character. All her mechanics are dodgable and the fight was quite fun.

Used two hand doublestrike/cleave for both. I look forward to merveil in maps though, I can her being as difficult as piety.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 21, 2014, 1:56:36 AM
"
Serpenton wrote:
Both fights now happen in an empty area without any structural elements, which I think leads to less de-sync. At least I experience zero de-sync during the Brutus fight for the first time in 2 years.

About time they listened. How long have I been bitching about pathing around objects creating desync and taking a beating from fan boys as a result?
"
defektiv wrote:
"
Serpenton wrote:
Both fights now happen in an empty area without any structural elements, which I think leads to less de-sync. At least I experience zero de-sync during the Brutus fight for the first time in 2 years.

About time they listened. How long have I been bitching about pathing around objects creating desync and taking a beating from fan boys as a result?

I don't think they're doing much listening when portal bosses are looking like the "lets leave invasion" all over again - they spawn constantly, especially in tight spaces with structural elements everywhere.

I'm glad they aren't afraid to add stuff to the game, but they have totally lost their fun factor ideas after Nemesis...
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Brutus is easier, Merveil is just different.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I like the boss fight changes.

The deep dweller actually made me think for half a second, Brutus was slightly more interesting and Merveil was kind of cool.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
I wonder how many pro-Mervail peeps here were in there in Standard league decked out in pure uniques. lol - "YOLO'D RIGHT IN THERE BOYS AND IT WAS EZ MODE"

Really?? Not in my 3x yellows and rest blues - and 1 gem combos at level 15 it was hard as fuck. I died fucking 6 times - there's no room to stand without getting AOE'd to shit and back, and the rotation is set so fast... even when you find a spot with no mobs, it changes and you are in AOE. ><

Anyways - whatever... this will degen into "learn to play noob" really quickly - and again: will laugh my ass off when people start to admit: yeah, you are sporting pure uniques and level 20 and claiming how stupid easy it is.

Do it on a brand spanking new character from scratch solo. Lemme know how that goes for ya.
Really? I just made a new character and ran right in. It was a joke.
Merveil is a bit overtuned imo, I really don't like that all the adds of the 3 elements and like 10 water cyclones are up at the same time. Sure, you have to dodge everything but if you happen to get frozen or just chilled for a second you can be stuck in an awful position really quickly. Or I'll just have to get used to it. Whatever, it was still fun.

Brutus was really fun though his slow groundslam with the big shockwave aoe kinda surprised me. My poor shadow almost got wrecked by one hit. Just dodge everything like before.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by komlosi on Aug 21, 2014, 2:55:01 AM
"
Cant possibly see how i can do these in HC not to mention the guest monster thing really sucks. Kinda breaks the immersion when you have bugs in ledge next to skeles. :(

Breaks the immersion of living in a fantasy world, on a continent that has been corrupted by chaotic and evil forces? There's nothing contradictory about carrion insects and corpses (that happen to be reanimated) in the same area, and it makes the experience more varied and interesting.

Anyway, what do you find difficult about the new fights? I didn't find them to be difficult, but I am playing a ranged character. Brutus was almost boringly easy (ie, popped one charge of mana flask and no health flasks). Merveil is quite hectic, but still easily doable for an ungeared ranged character. I can't talk about meleeing her.
Last edited by voxdeus on Aug 21, 2014, 3:00:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info