[1.2.0]<Theory> Meraxus' Freeze Pulser - 40% BUFF HYPE

I've decided that I want to go a cold witch build somewhere along these lines, but I'm having trouble deciding on details.

I want to be able to do AA/MoM, so I need lots of mana regen.
I like the idea of running a totem with ice spear on it. Possibly even running a staff so I can use 2 5-6 links.
I like the idea of running dual curse with Ass Mark and Ele/Crit Weakness. That said, Willy seems less than pleased with Ass Mark, so it might not be worth it--should maybe just make sure I can stick PCoC into my FP links.
Auras are fun, so if I can run a few of those (maybe Herald of Ice?), that would be cool too.

But with all that in mind, I'm not sure what the tree should look like.
Which Masters do you prefer?
Last edited by kupakppp on Aug 21, 2014, 3:22:20 PM
★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...somewhere   ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .  * :. .in a parallel universe* ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ ..people stop using PoE Builder...° ☾ ★ °● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★ 
Are you guys going to use Herald of Ice? If yes, what to drop?
"
fishop wrote:
Are you guys going to use Herald of Ice? If yes, what to drop?

I've been using it with clarity and it seems pretty good I might end up using it over Haste in the long run. Once I get more crit nodes it will make the choice easier.
"
Lashiel wrote:
I've decided that I want to go a cold witch build somewhere along these lines, but I'm having trouble deciding on details.

I like the idea of running a totem with ice spear on it. Possibly even running a staff so I can use 2 5-6 links.
I like the idea of running dual curse with Ass Mark and Ele/Crit Weakness. That said, Willy seems less than pleased with Ass Mark, so it might not be worth it--should maybe just make sure I can stick PCoC into my FP links.
Auras are fun, so if I can run a few of those (maybe Herald of Ice?), that would be cool too.

I might as well share what I wanted to do in the 3MHC league, it's pretty much exactly what you were describing.

It's a Freezing Pulse MoM/IR/Pyre Ring build. You use the ring to avoid reflect, you grab the MoM keystone and stack ES with a life/es chest until around 4-6k mana and 5k life. You run grace and clarity with around 350-400+ mana/s regen and as high a level AA is you can afford. You also get 5k armour without gear, 50% crit chance with power charges and if you run a Rathpith Globe a Rumi's Concoction flask puts you at 75/75 block/spellblock.

I'm away for a while and I would love to try it myself since a lot of thought went into it but I can't play the game atm. If you want to you can try it or change it, go crazy. The dps on paper was looking at around 45k with 55% crit chance, 5k life at 90 with decent gear and 2k+ unreserved mana potentially with room for herald auras if you want them. A 600+ ES/life chest is the only real investment and a pyre ring for reflect.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Aug 21, 2014, 5:06:24 PM
"
lDantonl wrote:

I'm a big fan of this build, not sure if i'd invest so heavily into the scion life wheel. My build is looking alot like this though.

I also think worth noting is WillyWonka's ice\crit witch he's been playing. Here's his build for reference.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQB6UC40myLJwQWAVCr5tBlq6z0PVMs1Aw214RD0wtrJgUsBdU99c6WHRVgh6OPJuhVcZfKohC2wtWSo9GeC-D28HFnqEdFDlSf8YigfrSvDcc3BGWFy826VgHkycOSAceZOckquNq74i0DGNDXfKVLlXWFm_5N0ZxcNVCw_DVgKQabNfPgwnhiInT34SP-klR5CJJsW-eHapwUgL-6_UpT45knKTxs4w2ZJ2Ffew496aHE0tXVUvyHRo4tvp3B8DjYeKnhCaVkFUWvwMeH0E=

I'm pretty much doing a hybrid of willy's build and your build.

IMO what a this build needs (mainly) is life, mana, mana regen, crit and crit multi (maybe some ele, spell, cold damage in between). That's about it. Mana+mana regen fuels FP, AA and MoM(from Cloak of Defiance), pop a Granite once in a while and your good to go.

I don't see much benefit from taking reduced mana reservation or increased effect of auras. I plan to run the usual stuff (Clarity and Discipline) and for the third aura there are a few options. I plan to try out Herald of Ice. Or I could use Haste (if I have the dex) or Purity of Ice, though ice damage is not as threatening as fire and lightning. Since we won't run 4+ auras and we won't focus on a big amount of aura effects, 1 cluster of reduced mana or aura effects won't make much difference. So we might as well skip them.

On the skill tree I feel that Harrier and True Strike are too good to miss. Also Hired Killer cluster is a nice addition to the passive skill tree and I would like to try and if it really adds much survivability. To templar area seems kind of boring to be honest, that's why I think it's a good thing to try new ideas that work.
Last edited by nebunelux on Aug 21, 2014, 5:30:20 PM
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
Lashiel wrote:

I might as well share what I wanted to do in the 3MHC league, it's pretty much exactly what you were describing.

It's a Freezing Pulse MoM/IR/Pyre Ring build. You use the ring to avoid reflect, you grab the MoM keystone and stack ES with a life/es chest until around 4-6k mana and 5k life. You run grace and clarity with around 350-400+ mana/s regen and as high a level AA is you can afford. You also get 5k armour without gear, 50% crit chance with power charges and if you run a Rathpith Globe a Rumi's Concoction flask puts you at 75/75 block/spellblock.

I'm away for a while and I would love to try it myself since a lot of thought went into it but I can't play the game atm. If you want to you can try it or change it, go crazy. The dps on paper was looking at around 45k with 55% crit chance, 5k life at 90 with decent gear and 2k+ unreserved mana potentially with room for herald auras if you want them. A 600+ ES/life chest is the only real investment and a pyre ring for reflect.

I actually saw someone else talking about something similar, with Pyre, but I had a question with that. Since Pyre converts all your cold damage to fire damage, does that mean that you burn instead of Freeze? Because that seems less attractive to me.
"
Lashiel wrote:
I actually saw someone else talking about something similar, with Pyre, but I had a question with that. Since Pyre converts all your cold damage to fire damage, does that mean that you burn instead of Freeze? Because that seems less attractive to me.

You burn but you have the option to not use the ring. Spellblock is a good alternative but it pretty much limits you to using a Rathpith/Saffell's only, perhaps even a Stone of Lazhwar to reach the high 50's. Grabbing the shadow block nodes near ghost reaver and the witch's spellblock cluster you can get 50+ spellblock with a Rathpith and Lazhwar. That's better than having 87% resistances technically and it applies to more than just cold damage. Personally, I think scaling auras for resistances is dead and spellblock is almost always the better option but whatever.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
I am trying to min max this build.

I think that innerforce and Shaper would be a much better investment than getting the Template 40% regen and few elemental damage nodes right at the base of the tree?

Also looking at removing the Flask nodes (alchamist) and nimbelness (cast speed) to reach the Sovereignty nodes which would mean greater buffs (clarity, dicipline and purity of Ice) BUT more importantly, it could lead to another Aura being run due to decreased mana reserves.

Auras X (Aura buff + Self Buff) - meaning all those aura and self buff nodes would stack much more when added.

I dont see the flask nodes being that important, your aim it to crit and freeze along with MOM + AA your defence would be good enough and you can kite for days.

let me know what you think about these changes.

-Thanks
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info