[1.2.0]<Theory> Meraxus' Freeze Pulser - 40% BUFF HYPE

The problem with CI crit builds is that you will be lvl 80+ to make it pay off. You need to be all over the place for vaal pact, reaver, es and crit nodes. Personally i always get bored around lvl 85 and reroll something else, so personally i don't feel like its worth it, but that is nothing but a personal reason.

I've seen the assassin's mark curse, but i dont think it's that amazing. My main concern is that you won't be able to keep up the charges on certain boss fights. Losing out on 21% crit is kind of a big deal. You might also lose your stacks on curse immune mobs, let alone curse immune maps, and you will deal a lot more damage when cursing with Ele/Crit weakness. On top of that your clear speed will be a lot faster as well since you wont have to curse every pack. There are so many reasons to pick PCoC over the new curse that it is simply not worth it.
Hmm you make an argument there but i still think it would be more efficient. It depends on the chance of getting a charge off it i guess. Ill make my mind up when i see it i guess, but gaining an extra slot on your skill and getting 100% crit multi... i think this is better. Im not sure... ill work it out

As for the going all over the place, whatever makes a better build, ill be doing that and i feel its going to make a better build. Yes its more of a headache but for me thats part of the fun. Of course ill be life based till 85, then make a farming mfer so i can collect my gear i need and then respec when i have it.
I still think PCoC is the better option. The fact that clear speeds are going to be A LOT slower because you need to curse everything is already enough reason for me personally. I'm not sure assassin's mark is even legit. It basically is crit weakness, but gives mobs a CHANCE to give a power charge when they die as well, it could be very unreliable. Why make a a curse thats basically the same as something else? Or is it name changed? I need to wait and see how legit it actually is. If it is, i will try it out for sure, but i dont think its going to be amazing.

As mentioned before, CI/Crit builds generally dont pay of untill the late-late game, at which point i usually start getting bored. It might be really good, it's just not for me. Especially with the boost to flasks (white hallowed flask will give 2050 regen) on top of 30% flask passives i feel like life is in a really good position. CI won't be as good compared to life as people claim it will be. Still very good, but not insane
"
Meraxas wrote:
I still think PCoC is the better option. The fact that clear speeds are going to be A LOT slower because you need to curse everything is already enough reason for me personally. I'm not sure assassin's mark is even legit. It basically is crit weakness, but gives mobs a CHANCE to give a power charge when they die as well, it could be very unreliable. Why make a a curse thats basically the same as something else? Or is it name changed? I need to wait and see how legit it actually is. If it is, i will try it out for sure, but i dont think its going to be amazing.

As mentioned before, CI/Crit builds generally dont pay of untill the late-late game, at which point i usually start getting bored. It might be really good, it's just not for me. Especially with the boost to flasks (white hallowed flask will give 2050 regen) on top of 30% flask passives i feel like life is in a really good position. CI won't be as good compared to life as people claim it will be. Still very good, but not insane

AFAIK Critical weakness is no longer in game, instead we get Assasin's mark, with all kind of buffs
to the original version. But I agree the only way you could rely on it for charge generation w/o it
affecting clear speed is through Curse on hit(even passively through Tempest shield) but that even
depends on the chance to grand you a charge.

I think life builds are going to be fine(flasks are a great addition), but I really expect to
see some insane CI ES pools! If someone was able to get a working build with the current tree
with 15k ES it will be fun to see the results after this patch :)

On your reflect calculations you are off on 2 things:
1. Ele/phys reflect is 18% since some patches now.
2. Base dmg on lv20 FP will be 255-382

If you do the calculations on the max end even with pyre you got issues with reflect, like
~ -190-200 life per projectile, thats ~1k per mob. Ofc you can mitigate this further by flasking,
but the real issue is would you stop mid map and swap rings for the ele reflect pack? Dont think
so, this would only be your ele reflect map ring or you'd go with it permanently.
The issue still lies with the case that you dont notice the reflect and dont flask up intime,
quite common at high clearspeed or groups..

Life leech w/o some form of vaal pact is not fixing this either cause its capped at 20%(24% on
20 quality gem) of ur life per second. So in a scenario that you'd crit a 10 mob pack even
with 20% life leech, the capped leech you can get for the 1 second that this happened is 24%
of your life (lets asume 5000 life): 1200, while you got reflected ~1000 x 10 dmg. If you crit
at a reflect pack more than 5-6 targets its instadeath xD
IGN: Asphyxir
Last edited by Asphyxor on Aug 16, 2014, 11:00:08 PM
What's the best way to level with this? FP from 1?
I wonder if you could spec into elemental equilibrium? I'm not sure whether the spell totem+ arc+ faster cast+ ele prolif would be enough to continous proc weakness to ice.
"
downhilldemon wrote:
I wonder if you could spec into elemental equilibrium? I'm not sure whether the spell totem+ arc+ faster cast+ ele prolif would be enough to continous proc weakness to ice.

They alternate the equilibrium effect and because fp cast speed will prob be alot
faster than spell totem arc, you probably end up casting 2 fps in a row before the
spell totem arc hit, in which case, the 2nd fp cast would have ele equilibrium of +25%
cold res. Not worth it.
IGN: Asphyxir
Does anyone have a late game ish level 85+ CI build, with items etc.
I used to play a casual FP back in beta, and would love to see what you guys are building for CI. I've never gone a CI character before, so I don't really know how I should itemize. Cheers.
"
xDexDeusx wrote:

FP-GMP-Life Leech-Power charge on crit*-Echo-Cold Penetration

Just out of curiousity, how are you going to deal with FP's mana cost? I realize mana costs are going to get reduced, but even so you'd probably need close to 200 mp / s to outregen FP, especially once you get a 6-Link.

(For reference, right now on live my 6-Linked FP, with bloodmagic, costs around 250 mana, even without BM, 5-Linked that's still just over 125)

Haven't really played in a while though, so I don't know if, by now, there are ways to deal with this other than BM.

Thanks in advance.
InGame: Yimina
"
Asphyxor wrote:
"
Meraxas wrote:

AFAIK Critical weakness is no longer in game, instead we get Assasin's mark, with all kind of buffs
to the original version. But I agree the only way you could rely on it for charge generation w/o it
affecting clear speed is through Curse on hit(even passively through Tempest shield) but that even
depends on the chance to grand you a charge.

I think life builds are going to be fine(flasks are a great addition), but I really expect to
see some insane CI ES pools! If someone was able to get a working build with the current tree
with 15k ES it will be fun to see the results after this patch :)

On your reflect calculations you are off on 2 things:
1. Ele/phys reflect is 18% since some patches now.
2. Base dmg on lv20 FP will be 255-382

If you do the calculations on the max end even with pyre you got issues with reflect, like
~ -190-200 life per projectile, thats ~1k per mob. Ofc you can mitigate this further by flasking,
but the real issue is would you stop mid map and swap rings for the ele reflect pack? Dont think
so, this would only be your ele reflect map ring or you'd go with it permanently.
The issue still lies with the case that you dont notice the reflect and dont flask up intime,
quite common at high clearspeed or groups..

Life leech w/o some form of vaal pact is not fixing this either cause its capped at 20%(24% on
20 quality gem) of ur life per second. So in a scenario that you'd crit a 10 mob pack even
with 20% life leech, the capped leech you can get for the 1 second that this happened is 24%
of your life (lets asume 5000 life): 1200, while you got reflected ~1000 x 10 dmg. If you crit
at a reflect pack more than 5-6 targets its instadeath xD

That's what i assumed, crit weakness essentially buffed with the new effect and renamed, but as mentioned before, i'll probably stick with PCoC, but i can't wait to get my hands on the updated version!

You are right about the first point regarding reflect calc, i'll fix that. I think it makes reflect even more managable with pyre. Pyre is perfect for reflect maps, but reflect packs could be a problem. Just be careful with reflect packs and stay at range to reduce damage inflicted. Pop rumi's concoction for 26% spell reflect and atziri's promise for extra leech and free non-reflectable bonus damage and you should be fine on reflect packs.

"
jdweber1982 wrote:
What's the best way to level with this? FP from 1?

The best way will probably be frost nova and fireball untill lvl 31 when you can pick up GMP and Echo. Personally I will level with FP right away, not because its optimal, but because i think it's fun,

"
downhilldemon wrote:

No, you will cast FP faster than arc, which causes serious problems. Arc is also kind of random, so it might not damage the same target as you. The main problem however is shotgunning. If you shotgun an enemy with 5 pulses, the first 1 will get a 50% buff, the other 4 will get a 25% penalty.

"
DrYimina wrote:
"
xDexDeusx wrote:

FP-GMP-Life Leech-Power charge on crit*-Echo-Cold Penetration

Just out of curiousity, how are you going to deal with FP's mana cost? I realize mana costs are going to get reduced, but even so you'd probably need close to 200 mp / s to outregen FP, especially once you get a 6-Link.

(For reference, right now on live my 6-Linked FP, with bloodmagic, costs around 250 mana, even without BM, 5-Linked that's still just over 125)

Haven't really played in a while though, so I don't know if, by now, there are ways to deal with this other than BM.

Thanks in advance.

Mana should not be a problem, I try to aim for 400-450 mana regen to run MoM + AA, so supporting any kind of gem setup should be easily doable. But we can do some simple math to calculate rougly howmuch mana regen you gonna need.

You will cast about 4 times a second, but every 2nd cast is free because of echo, so we need to pay mana costs 2 times a second.

New mana cost at 20 is 18 mana
240 = 18 * 1.75 (GMP) * 1.5 (LL) * 1.3 (PCoC) * 1.3 (Echo) * 1.5 (Cold pen) * 2 (cast per sec)

What you are going to need is 240 regen give or take. On top of that you need about 42 regen for idle AA. This leaves us with roughly 150 regen to take care of MoM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info