[1.2.0]<Theory> Meraxus' Freeze Pulser - 40% BUFF HYPE

Updated the reflect math behind pyre again. In the worst case scenario, assuming enemy is right on top of you, and you crit with max FP damage you will receive 77 damage up no damage at all depending on AA level and if you are using purity of fire or not. This means reflect maps will be pretty easy.

Reflect packs however could be a problem, since you wont have pyre equiped. Assuming you run a L21 purity of ice you will receive about 200 damage per projectile in the worst case scenario. With Rumi's concoction you can block about 26% of the reflects, while atziri's promise helps you leech more and helps you clear the pack faster without reflecting more damage to you. Just try to stay at range while fightning reflect packs if possible so you dont deal max damage.
"
Meraxas wrote:
Updated the reflect math behind pyre again. In the worst case scenario, assuming enemy is right on top of you, and you crit with max FP damage you will receive 77 damage up no damage at all depending on AA level and if you are using purity of fire or not. This means reflect maps will be pretty easy.

Reflect packs however could be a problem, since you wont have pyre equiped. Assuming you run a L21 purity of ice you will receive about 200 damage per projectile in the worst case scenario. With Rumi's concoction you can block about 26% of the reflects, while atziri's promise helps you leech more and helps you clear the pack faster without reflecting more damage to you. Just try to stay at range while fightning reflect packs if possible so you dont deal max damage.

The mechanic of fp helps with that indeed. Still trying to figure out how
you ended with 191 base fp damage.

Lvl20 - Lv req 68 - Int req 151 - Mana cost 18 - Dmg 255-382

This are the stats of a Lv20 gem on the TW version. Even the average
of this dmg is 318.5. Just pointing out cause it makes quite the
difference on the calculations.
IGN: Asphyxir
i took the max 382 damage from FP and reduced it by 50% because GMP makes you do 50% less damage, so that would be 191. As i am writing this i realized i need to reduce it by another 10% because of spell echo...
Monsters only reflect 15% now. Also base crit multi is nerfed to 130% on Garena servers in 1.2 so you should accout for that as well.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
Last edited by takeme on Aug 17, 2014, 10:37:50 AM
"
takeme wrote:
Monsters only reflect 15% now. Also base crit multi is nerfed to 130% on Garena servers in 1.2 so you should accout for that as well.

The 15% reflect changes help a lot. The nerf to crit multi is also a big deal. You got from 465 to 403. It might actually be worth it to use added lightning damage over added chaos.
"
DrYimina wrote:
"
xDexDeusx wrote:

FP-GMP-Life Leech-Power charge on crit*-Echo-Cold Penetration

Just out of curiousity, how are you going to deal with FP's mana cost? I realize mana costs are going to get reduced, but even so you'd probably need close to 200 mp / s to outregen FP, especially once you get a 6-Link.

(For reference, right now on live my 6-Linked FP, with bloodmagic, costs around 250 mana, even without BM, 5-Linked that's still just over 125)

Haven't really played in a while though, so I don't know if, by now, there are ways to deal with this other than BM.

Thanks in advance.

I take 140% from the tree, run clarity and plan on getting dream frag, atziri foible, mana regen on my wand and shield. I will easily hit 300% and around 250-300 mana per second this way or more. I worked it out and freeze pulse casting at a speed of 2.5 times per second or a bit more will be in this region. I should be able to get it working in the end although will probably run 5L until then. By the time i have a 6L ill probably be ok anyway. Also running arctic armour as with regen like this might as well
"
Meraxas wrote:
i took the max 382 damage from FP and reduced it by 50% because GMP makes you do 50% less damage, so that would be 191. As i am writing this i realized i need to reduce it by another 10% because of spell echo...

Alright, forgot to take that into account!

"
takeme wrote:

Wow, nice:)

"
xDexDeusx wrote:

I take 140% from the tree, run clarity and plan on getting dream frag, atziri foible, mana regen on my wand and shield. I will easily hit 300% and around 250-300 mana per second this way or more. I worked it out and freeze pulse casting at a speed of 2.5 times per second or a bit more will be in this region. I should be able to get it working in the end although will probably run 5L until then. By the time i have a 6L ill probably be ok anyway. Also running arctic armour as with regen like this might as well

On mana regen I was curious too if a CI build could support a spell without mana leech,
so I made a calculator for mana regen. I wouldnt be optimistic on being able to substain
anything beyond 4-5L w/o EB or leech or a shit ton regen from gear mostly.
IGN: Devnull
Last edited by apalecies on Aug 17, 2014, 1:37:02 PM
"
apalecies wrote:

On mana regen I was curious too if a CI build could support a spell without mana leech,
so I made a calculator for mana regen. I wouldnt be optimistic on being able to substain

Yes, the plan is 140 from the tree and mana regen on shield, wand, both rings and amulet

See: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/996618
"
xDexDeusx wrote:
"
apalecies wrote:

Yes, the plan is 140 from the tree and mana regen on shield, wand, both rings and amulet

See: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/996618

Thats the downside of CI, isn't it? No EB. Being able to run AA + MoM is pretty amazing.
Updated main post about reflect once again for the reflect change from 18% to 15%. Also added info about how much added lightning damage would add to reflected damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info