[1.2.0]<Theory> Meraxus' Freeze Pulser - 40% BUFF HYPE

"
bubba42124 wrote:

Valid on the Arctic Armour point for mana regen. As a side note my plan is not to run MoM. I'm just going to run Grace, AA with smoke mine when I need to face tank something. That combine with two charge on crit Granites which i should have decent up time on usually can carry my ranged crit Characters. currently I am low with only 40% mana regen. Most likely i will grab the available 40% node at witch start until i get my gear up but i am really only going to try to run a lvl 20 arctic armour. I'm not going to bother to push it into the high 20's this league.

As for Assasin's mark I am curious to see it. Mainly I am planning on using it for the Crit weakness functionality as it sounds like it is maintaining the crit chance and multi. With the nerfings to Crit multi on the tree i feel i need to squeeze in what i can where i can.

As for the double curse for frostbite i probably only will throw it up for heavy cold resist mobs which you are right if I end up not using will not be worth the points.

I consider being able to run AA + MoM a core selling point of this build, it makes you increadibly tanky. Smoke mines are a hassle, and granites don't help vs ele dmg. Besides that i will also have my granites ;)

Right now i only curse bosses or hard to kill (resist) rares. Personally i'm fine with that, i dont feel like having to curse every pack of mobs :P
Can someone tell me why the hell nobody is putting points into cast speed nodes for a FP build? Didn't play for a long time, but it was the bread and butter back in the days.
"
St4hlh4gel wrote:
Can someone tell me why the hell nobody is putting points into cast speed nodes for a FP build? Didn't play for a long time, but it was the bread and butter back in the days.

I think the cluster got nerfed ages ago. There are also more important nodes to pick up while making the build work.
not to mention echo gives you a pretty good cast speed bonus already with the few cast speed boosts you already have.
i came up with almost the same build but then i saw hegemony's build. it offers the same life and damage but way more energy shield and manareg. additionally it gives inner force but its missing the 20% chaos res and one power charge. im still not sure what i should go for though.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCECycSbIC4wel0PVBlgVCUDBMs66z214EB1XGg9tfKuvkavoOXEV-akPAVLzqbRkI9LjKO3wPxKKjwfPbC4IeEZZ_xpUuBx5JUfDV8h1knev1j_pjQw5IcFKJ03DVXfLfhELDjDYC_mHiVUsWvyaVH0EDHgdjy73fihEPTC0igZ6hVkqOPBdULYsfxyt4FLB-WRXn8Gtzs0V8l5eTJxzcSbHXz_k374i0DEZxgwlvnsDjS1fxs1fJDXzquij66-5TUkWdmuCCx_no_gq3PkGH2L0MfRB_xp53B4cTnKQ=
This build looks great. I think the only think the only thing I'm going to change is faster casting for spell echo. I believe how spell echo works is if the first cast of the spell wasn't a crit, then the echoed spell will also not be a crit. Keep up the good work, I'll be following this build through 1.2 and working on my own variation.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
"
Xares wrote:
i came up with almost the same build but then i saw hegemony's build. it offers the same life and damage but way more energy shield and manareg. additionally it gives inner force but its missing the 20% chaos res and one power charge. im still not sure what i should go for though.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCECycSbIC4wel0PVBlgVCUDBMs66z214EB1XGg9tfKuvkavoOXEV-akPAVLzqbRkI9LjKO3wPxKKjwfPbC4IeEZZ_xpUuBx5JUfDV8h1knev1j_pjQw5IcFKJ03DVXfLfhELDjDYC_mHiVUsWvyaVH0EDHgdjy73fihEPTC0igZ6hVkqOPBdULYsfxyt4FLB-WRXn8Gtzs0V8l5eTJxzcSbHXz_k374i0DEZxgwlvnsDjS1fxs1fJDXzquij66-5TUkWdmuCCx_no_gq3PkGH2L0MfRB_xp53B4cTnKQ=

Interesting build, but I'm afraid you get the regen you need to late with that build. Still, could be interesting to waste your respec points and some regrets on once you reach the 90's

"
lDantonl wrote:
This build looks great. I think the only think the only thing I'm going to change is faster casting for spell echo. I believe how spell echo works is if the first cast of the spell wasn't a crit, then the echoed spell will also not be a crit. Keep up the good work, I'll be following this build through 1.2 and working on my own variation.

You are right on those spell echo mechanics. Faster casting would be more reliable in terms on crits, but spell echo just adds to much dps compared to faster casting.
How retard is to use the 1.2 patch cold to fire gem with Freezing Pulse?

I mean, it is a huge buff:

Last edited by fishop on Aug 20, 2014, 2:38:50 AM
I'll stay with Cold because i think i would instantly die without freezing everything with the first hit. You don't have much armor with this build so you'll need the freeze action.
I'll use Rathpith Globe against reflect, i hope i'll be fine with 50% spellblock and purity of ice.
Divinarius will be a good starter weapon for those who don't want to pay much currency.
I am using a 5L with FP+Cold Pen+Echo+Added Chaos+GMP until i have enough Crit to use PCoC.
Im actually lvl 44 and have no Mana Problems and 3 shotted Brutus on Cruel with shitty equip and i never died yet.

I really have hope in this Build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info