[1.2.0]<Theory> Meraxus' Freeze Pulser - 40% BUFF HYPE

"
When using Pyre, since it converts 100% of Cold Damage to Fire Damage; would you then use a Fire Penetration Gem instead of Cold Penetration?

All of your cold damage is fire, yes.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
"
SlightRedeye wrote:

And how does the Pyre protect you from reflect as you mentioned in a previous post? Why do you think fire damage is better than cold?
Last edited by nebunelux on Aug 22, 2014, 6:01:10 PM
Is there a skill tree for hardcore? Or is the build for hardcore anyway?
"
nebunelux wrote:
"
SlightRedeye wrote:

And how does the Pyre protect you from reflect as you mentioned in a previous post? Why do you think fire damage is better than cold?

Arctic Armour negates a flat amount of fire damage per hit you take. The reflect is fire damage and hits 5 times per cast with GMP, so you reduce each hit individually. As long as each individual hit doesn't crit for more than your Arctic Armour can reduce, you are fully safe from reflect. People have already explained this in previous posts in more detail and some of the other FP build threads have calculations that work out how much is reduced.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Aug 22, 2014, 6:10:41 PM
I did not have a lot of time to play PoE past 2 days. I've been very busy IRL, which will not change this weekend, and will continue to a lesser extend for the next week, updates will be slow. In the mean time i came up with an interesting alternative non-crit freezer, for the people who can afford 2 6-links.

Build:

Uniques required: Pledge of hands, cloak of defiance, alpha's howl, windscream

I intend to scale this build through curses, 3 to be exact. We will pick up 40% increased effect from curses. With ele weakness reducing ele with 47% and frostbite 39% at base values, combined, and multiplied with the 40% incr. effect from curses they will provide a 120% damage increase! The 3rd curse will be projectile weakness, which will give you 47% incr damage with projectiles, which is ok, but not the main reason to use this skill. The added knockback, thats the real reason to use it. If you dont freeze the enemy, you will at least knock them back. You might think that is counter productive when you lose damage based on monster distance, but we can counter this with faster projectiles. If that turns out to be a poor idea i will swap projectile weakness with enfeeble or temp chains.
I intend to apply curses via ball lightning/curse on hit.

We can still reliably freeze enemies through freeze on hit. Frostbite will provide 19% freeze on hit, the freeze passive is good for another 5% and Q20 added cold is good for another 10%. We will have a 34% chance to feeze and can shotgun with 5 projectiles, so yes, freeze rates should be reliable.

We deal with reflect through vaal pact. We should be fairly safe. You can also easily reduce damage by not cursing

6L: Ball lightning - GMP - Curse on hit - Ele Weakness - Frostbite - projectile weakness
7L: Pulse - GMP - Added Cold - Added Chaos - Faster proj - Life Leech - echo (pledge)
Auras/buffs: Herald of Ice, haste, discipline, arctic armour and clarity

Added cold and added chaos are very good supports that scale fairly well, especially with fast spells like fp. Added cold quality also adds high freezing chance, which this builds relies on. Faster projectiles is pretty good, 10% cast speed from quality which is decent, and greatly increases dmg on mid-long range. More importantly, the increased projectile speed makes up for the knockback from projectile weakness. The rest is self explainatory.

Wish i could actually try this build, but sadly all i can afford is a 6L CoD, not a 6L CoD and a 6L pledge of hands :(
Last edited by Meraxas on Aug 22, 2014, 10:49:26 PM
Is this build viable on Beyond League?
ignore previous, im stupid, nothing to see here
Last edited by sdwinder on Aug 23, 2014, 11:22:20 AM
"
hapsy96 wrote:
Is this build viable on Beyond League?

I haven't played in beyond myself, but considering how defensive this build can be with EB, MoM and freezes it should be able to do well. Right now however i am trying to theorycraft a new freeze pulser alternative that should do even better defensively without relying on crits. I think it will have about an 80k AoE dps potential, a more reliable freeze rate, no issues with reflect, no need to rely on crits, knockback and faster projectiles, which will synergize well with the knockbacks and make freeze pulse more fun to play.

I will post a full theorycrafted build on this either tonight or tomorrow. I think this build will be extremely good for hardcore/beyond. The core of this build i already posted before in this thread, feel free to take a look.
Would you generally prioritize cast speed instead of % increase elemental damage?
Would cast speed be more beneficial overall for a FP build?
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter." ಠ_ಠ
"
Dimsy wrote:
Would you generally prioritize cast speed instead of % increase elemental damage?
Would cast speed be more beneficial overall for a FP build?

Overall cast speed is better, but also increases your mana drain. I did calculate this a while back, and the values depend on howmuch spellpower/cast speed you already have, but if i remember correctly 1% cast speed was worth about 7% ele damage, but dont quote me on that
Last edited by Meraxas on Aug 23, 2014, 1:04:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info