Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

"
Skull_Blaze wrote:
Level 77 with this build and i think i have pretty good gear. (Not sure how to link) Dont have a cloak but a 5L still and i am really lacking hard on single target, kinda putting me off. Any advice? I really like it but the fps hit to partys combined with not being able to single target solo really sucks.

What is your 5L so far? To link the gear, look at your character portrait at the top left and left click on it. There, you'll be able to link your gear by clicking the images of your items.
"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:
"
Skull_Blaze wrote:
Level 77 with this build and i think i have pretty good gear. (Not sure how to link) Dont have a cloak but a 5L still and i am really lacking hard on single target, kinda putting me off. Any advice? I really like it but the fps hit to partys combined with not being able to single target solo really sucks.

What is your 5L so far? To link the gear, look at your character portrait at the top left and left click on it. There, you'll be able to link your gear by clicking the images of your items.

Ignore the gems cause some of the gear I have been swapping to different toons.

My resists are fine, I'm fine at surviving no deaths other then lag/desync. I clear packs great sometimes can't quiet finish the rare if I clear the pack too fast. But I just have no single target damage.

So my solution for me until I get end game or better gear is too party, but with full party's already having low fps I make it even lower (and ofc they blame the CoC) and almost unplayable and everyone complains. :x

I also have been wondering different variants of this such as cold and what the best spells for that is. Also was gonna dabble into fire myself.
IGN: Melo_mania
Last edited by Skull_Blaze on Sep 16, 2014, 7:17:47 AM
"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:

I'm assuming investment into CI was an accident instead of EB?

Yep EB, miss clicked lol. Fixed thanks

Last edited by Schizo87 on Sep 16, 2014, 5:18:27 AM
"
Skull_Blaze wrote:

My resists are fine, I'm fine at surviving no deaths other then lag/desync. I clear packs great sometimes can't quiet finish the rare if I clear the pack too fast. But I just have no single target damage. So my solution for me until I get end game or better gear is too party, but with full party's already having low fps I make it even lower (and ofc they blame the CoC) and almost unplayable and everyone complains. :x
I also have been wondering different variants of this such as cold and what the best spells for that is. Also was gonna dabble into fire myself.

Try swapping Freezing Pulse for Ball Lightning and LMP for GMP for single target. If you had a tabula, I'd throw in a Add Chaos Damage to the 6L and you could take out bosses quickly. I'm clearing 72 maps with ease without swapping out gems. Try to get a dagger with 9+% crit and it'll help.

Why are you running Herald of Ash and Anger? They add damage base on your physical damage, which this build has absolutely none of. You should really run haste and if any herald, herald of ice.

As for generating charges, again, why is physical projectile being used? Get Faster attacks to generate power charges quickly; therefore, you're arc+ (other spell be it FB, Ball Lightning, or FP) is putting out high damage. What's your crit chance with increased crit? You could swap out that for Power charge on crit. Without charges, my crit is ~50%. With all six charges, it's in the high 70's.
Last edited by dxEmpathyxb on Sep 16, 2014, 6:47:28 AM
"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:
Why are you running Herald of Ash and Anger? They add damage base on your physical damage, which this build has absolutely none of. You should really run haste and if any herald, herald of ice.

As for generating charges, again, why is physical projectile being used?

"
Skull_Blaze wrote:

Did you read my post? :P
Last edited by Skull_Blaze on Sep 16, 2014, 7:15:53 AM
"
Skull_Blaze wrote:

This might not make the biggest difference in the world, but you can very cheaply upgrade from this dagger, 18% increased crit chance is extremely low, it's almost the lowest roll you could master craft.

You'll get much better performance if you buy a random Ambusher with a top attack speed roll, and master craft the 22-27% crit chance mod onto it. If you're lucky enough to find an affordable Dagger with both mods already on it, then you can craft an Elemental Leech instead, but for 2-3c you can easily get a much more potent dagger. Alternatively you can buy a top crit chance Ambusher and stick Attack Speed on it, either should work, and give you a better result.

You also don't seem to have any gems dedicated to generating Power Charges. Power Charges are absolutely vital, it's the difference between a 60% chance to crit and an 85% chance on my build, and if you get the spell damage per power charge node it's also a whole bunch of free damage on top of the crit which further increases your damage. This is likely the single biggest reason the build feels underwhelming. Since you only have a 5L, you're going to want to do what Mathil does and use a second Spectral Throw in a 4L with Power Charge on Crit to generate your Power Charges.

"
Skull_Blaze wrote:
So my solution for me until I get end game or better gear is too party, but with full party's already having low fps I make it even lower (and ofc they blame the CoC) and almost unplayable and everyone complains. :x

I recommend dropping Ball Lightning in parties, the most recent patch claims to have fixed the terrible disconnect issue it was causing, but it is still a pretty laggy skill. My party set-up uses Ice Spear + Arc, both are pretty simple spells without too much graphical non-sense. I also replace GMP with LMP, those two combined seems to work perfectly fine, and I haven't had a single complaint or disconnect. When solo I use the very laggy Arctic Breath though.
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Sep 16, 2014, 9:25:47 AM
"
Skull_Blaze wrote:

I've expressed already in this thread that I really dislike ball lightning.
Try some other spells. (Fireball or Freezing pulse will greatly aid your single target.)
Fireball is also great for parties, doesn't lag as much as most other spells.

And, as myself and others (including Mathil) have constantly repeated in this thread: Levels, levels, levels!!!!
The skill points matter SO MUCH in this build. Right now, I'm guessing you're missing either a significant chunk of crit, or a significant chunk of spell/ele damage. It makes the biggest difference in the world. At your level, yes I could barely kill quest difficulty piety in merciless, it was absolutely disheartening. Now, I melt 77 shrine piety in ~7 seconds in each form (and that's on the longer side, I've had good shotgun positions where she's died in less than 2 seconds).

Just stick with it, keep leveling, and you'll get there.

As far as gear goes, a tabula will help your damage a lot. A shield with spell damage and a dagger with more crit will go a long way, too.
"
Skull_Blaze wrote:
"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:

As for generating charges, again, why is physical projectile being used?

"
Skull_Blaze wrote:

Did you read my post? :P

So am I not to assume that's not what you're running while you're playing? Get a 6S weapon and put those gems into there and be set. Also, what's your tree look like?
Last edited by dxEmpathyxb on Sep 16, 2014, 4:29:10 PM
"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:
So am I not to assume that's not what you're running while you're playing? Get a 6S weapon and put those gems into there and be set. Also, what's your tree look like?

No, because i said too ignore them lol. I use exactly the gems mathil uses/recommends in his guide.

"
I recommend dropping Ball Lightning in parties, the most recent patch claims to have fixed the terrible disconnect issue it was causing,

So thats why my parties kept dcing. I would always go into a map party an halfway through the map everyone dcs. I thought my internet didnt like other people or something lol
Last edited by Skull_Blaze on Sep 16, 2014, 7:24:55 PM
Last edited by sklipnoty on Sep 16, 2014, 6:50:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info