Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

"
sklipnoty wrote:

There honestly just isn't any reason to go CI with this build. You lose the ability to go EB, mana becomes more of an issue, and we gain nothing.
Physical builds have Bloodrage to look forward to for free leech when they go CI, but we don't do much physical attack damage. So, there's just not really a point.

If you did try it, going all the way across the tree for US would absolutely not be worth it (just pick a unique for this), and there's no reason to get ZO, either. You'd just use ghost reaver and go from there. That being said, I still don't see a reason to do it.
Is there a low life way to build this?
I, out of all luck, dropped a shavs, and I'm looking to build something out of it, I don't play enough to normally afford gear like shavs, acuity etc. So keen to try something like this build with CoC low life.

Of course on a budget for the gear outside of the body armor.
IGN: WhatIzDiz
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034807
Rough Trading Times(GMT):
Week Days: 16:00 - 22:00
Weekend: 10:00 - 22:00
"
BaronZA wrote:
I, out of all luck, dropped a shavs, and I'm looking to build something out of it, I don't play enough to normally afford gear like shavs, acuity etc. So keen to try something like this build with CoC low life.

Low-life is more viable that CI, that's for sure, you might want to get your attack speed from Blood Rage instead of from nodes on the tree, since you'll need to venture pretty far into the Witch/Templar area to pick up ES nodes anyways. Odds are no matter how you work it out, you'll be far less tanky, and do far more damage by going low-life, since flasks are just so good now, and Surgeon's Life Flasks are a massive boost. I've put some thought into a low-life CoC build some time ago, but didn't really develop the ideas far enough to actually make a build out of it, since life-based is just so much easier. But you could probably come up with something if you put enough effort in.
"
BaronZA wrote:

This build for me was originally a Shavs version with some more expensive gear and it worked great but I decided to swap it to a life build and try to make it work with cheaper stuff because I figured "what's the point of making a guide that 95% of people won't be able to follow?". I'll look into making a passive tree and thinking about any other changes I'd make were I to go low life right now. Hopefully have an update for you sometime soon.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
"
BaronZA wrote:

This build for me was originally a Shavs version with some more expensive gear and it worked great but I decided to swap it to a life build and try to make it work with cheaper stuff because I figured "what's the point of making a guide that 95% of people won't be able to follow?". I'll look into making a passive tree and thinking about any other changes I'd make were I to go low life right now. Hopefully have an update for you sometime soon.

Yeah I follow your builds for this reason, more casual players like myself can play them and get the most out of near-end/end game. Played the Buzzsaw you made last season, was loads of fun!
So thanks for having a look at the low life when you get time for it! :) As I said, I'm not rich player, I was really lucky to have dropped the Shavs and would just like to try build something around it for fun.
IGN: WhatIzDiz
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034807
Rough Trading Times(GMT):
Week Days: 16:00 - 22:00
Weekend: 10:00 - 22:00
"
Mathil wrote:
Hopefully have an update for you sometime soon.
would be great - also for the life side of things :D

I'm still curious, what to improve since the last patch.
Swap out lightning penetration for maybe increased critical damage?

My witch progresses great. Soon I will be at the same point I was with my shadow :)
God that was hard to think of what to actually do and go with. This is what I've got so far and what I specced onto my lvl 90 witch on standard. I'm at something like 7.5k ES, 3k arc. That's wearing a 500 es shield, 400 es helm, shavs, lioneye boots, some rando jewelry, maligaro and doryani belt.

I can't quite test it out atm because my shavs is only 5L and the colours are 3b2g but in general the differences are: slightly (very) better attack speed, much larger damage buffer (4k ES over life variant), higher spell damage, no evasion/ondars, lower accuracy, room to put in an extra purity/herald. Haven't sussed out every detail of what I would do if I were to build it now but staring at the char and passive tree for about an hour has given me this.

Forgot to mention you'll take ele equil. with the low life spec which should be a nice dps boost. I'd take it in the life version but it's too much travelling to get there so I deemed it not worth.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Sep 17, 2014, 6:35:21 PM
been messing around to get little better damage, even tho things die quickly with what im using,but right now im doing 4.3k arc dps with 5 pc going, 3.5k dps on fireball, with what im wearing right here, this is also standard so,didnt want to go with 2 st's either no offence to anyone just didn't like it, cast out ball lighting to start the fight n poof there gone, quite dangerous with reflect if you dont pay attention

running clarity,haste,artic armour,purity of elements, herald of ice..
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
could i use this same tree but start from shadow seeing as you go down to the shadow start?
Yeah you can. The difference between shadow and witch are very little and some guys here even thought I must be insane for rerolling this build as a witch ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info