Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

"
dr460nf1r3 wrote:
Oh okay. i guess i shouldve watched the entire video and not only parts of it haha. my bad..

The thing is im not sure if im able to run high lvl aa with a low es shield thats why ill definitly try this one

I'm running a lvl 18(soon to be 19) AA with 230 mana reserved and only 72% inc mana regeneration from items. I use whirling blades to get around instead of walking to negate the mana drain and it's working out fine. Once I 5L/6L my cloak of defiance, my unreserved mana will jump to 532 and have 115% inc mana regeneration.

TL;DR = you're fine with a high lvl AA if you're whirling/leaping around.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1069569/page/1

So I did make a new CoC build which utilizes cyclone and discharge. Someone earlier in this thread suggested cyclone and I tried it but couldn't see it being that great or working. After playing my DW sword cyclone char and getting a feel for the other end of the tree I managed to make this version work.

Had to change to BM, run different skills, drop AA altogether, pick up life, use a Voll's.

Sadly the end result plays a bit smoother than the Lightning Buzzsaw would, to me anyway, because you do all your killing through running around rather than whirling and I also feel more durable because there's never a case of standing still too much or having to build up power charges or struggle for single target.

All that said I'll probably gear up my CoC Buzzsaw witch again in the near future and make a video about how I'm tackling the endgames.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Thanks for posting this!

Just hit 1000 killstreak with this build and got the challenge done. After many attempts with pack size and a few with sea witches I got the magical PS/SW combo on Promenade.

IGN: Pockey
Last edited by Pockey on Oct 1, 2014, 2:56:31 PM
"
Pockey wrote:
Thanks for posting this!

Just hit 1000 killstreak with this build and got the challenge done. After many attempts with pack size and a few with sea witches I got the magical PS/SW combo on Promenade.

Nice screenshot. Grats.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
"
Mathil wrote:
It sounds like many of you are simply swapping to the build too early and perhaps going for content too high for the level of the gems. I'm at lvl 19 gems right now and lvl 85 doing 72-75 maps having no trouble on any sort of single targets. That's with ball lighting/arc. Yes, sometimes a certain douchy vagan quest will give me trouble because he can hit like a truck, I'm undergeared and there's absolutely no other mobs around.

As for an update... I've been playing my bow char for about a week and just trying to 6 socket/link a cloak of defiance in the meantime. It took 600 jewelers and I'm 110 fusing in without a 5L. I was hoping to get that going before coming back to my CoC char. I've gotten another level or two today with him though and it's still going pretty well. I'll make a video and maybe show how the standard char is in 1.2 pretty soon because there's not much new to see on the Rampage one.

Also, I've also been trying the arc/fp combo and while initially I thought it could be the new best setup it's actually not all that great. Arc doesn't chain off of frozen targets and since FP is shooting out 34863094603946 times and freezing everything, Arc is chaining absolutely never. Which from what I've seen has resulted in slower clearing of packs. While yes the single target is somewhat improved, there are too many loose mobs running around/away because nothing is chaining to them.

hey, I've been trying freeze pulse/arc with pyre ring and herald of ice, and it seems to fix arc not chaining off frozen mobs. also makes reflect even easier to manage when not running a purity aura, any thoughts on this combo? and right now my 6th link is empower to bump arc up to 21(such fail corrupt), given this setup would you do added chaos, crit multi, or something else?
ign: exDarkFlo
Last edited by darkflowzx on Oct 2, 2014, 10:41:34 PM
"
darkflowzx wrote:

hey, I've been trying freeze pulse/arc with pyre ring and herald of ice, and it seems to fix arc not chaining off frozen mobs. also makes reflect even easier to manage when not running a purity aura, any thoughts on this combo? and right now my 6th link is empower to bump arc up to 21(such fail corrupt), given this setup would you do added chaos, crit multi, or something else?

Arc chains off of frozen monsters now. It was changed with a patch a couple weeks ago. Not sure what I'd add to your combo. Empower is fine and so are many other things. It's more up to trying it out yourself and seeing what feels best in various situations.
Thank you Mathil for this nice build. Now I'm of 73 lvl and I have some issue with swapping to CoC from Freezing Pulse(used it for lvling). Here is my tree:

And this is my gear:
Spoiler

I have ~3300 life, ~1100 mana and ~6500 ER with Grace. The problem is that I just haven't enough points to turn my shad to CoC by getting all crit nodes you mentioned. There is an option of unspecing those life nodes that I've grabbed before but I'm really afraid of prosperity of my character then. On the other hand, having got the crit nodes, I can get rid of my magic stick and starting use my dagger. And that in its turn means that I'm able to use whirling blades to move and sustain my AA which will greatly enhance my defensive stats. So, what do you say?
Last edited by JIADHO on Oct 3, 2014, 3:44:26 PM
Will you do an update for this build mathil?
"Ide like to play this for an entire league"
What happened =(
IGN: Melo_mania
Last edited by Skull_Blaze on Oct 7, 2014, 8:16:14 AM
"
Skull_Blaze wrote:
What happened =(

Sad truth is I just found better/more well rounded builds (tornado/puncture and fakener). I'll maybe still get around to doing a bit of play with this character because it is fun but it's just not as effective as the other chars atm.
Last edited by Mathil on Oct 7, 2014, 5:19:46 PM
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Skull_Blaze wrote:
What happened =(

Sad truth is I just found better/more well rounded builds (tornado/puncture and fakener). I'll maybe still get around to doing a bit of play with this character because it is fun but it's just not as effective as the other chars atm.

Yea i understand. Fakener is pretty crazy. Currently running it. I just really like the uniqueness of the build, ele crit dagger CoC/EB; pretty snowflake. haha
IGN: Melo_mania
Last edited by Skull_Blaze on Oct 9, 2014, 7:39:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info