Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

"
Morael wrote:
I'm starting to get very curious... of you guys that are thirsting for more and more damage nodes, and/or wanting to use herald of ice, how many of you are doing 77-78 maps? Also, how many of you have level 20 spells?
Im neither thirsting for more dmg - nor do I want hearald of ice/ash/whatever ;)

I find my mana pool of ~600 is pretty spot on to what I want/need.

Regarding my reroll as a witch: Why not? Its not like I have to defend myself for it :D
Its a game and if I feel I can make my char even better its the way I like to play it. This goes back to the good old d2 days (before respec option) when I remade the same char just because I could invest 5 statpoints in a better way.

(and btw: My gems are meanwhile lvl20. At least the important ones. Lucky me, my vaal orbs did nothing for me. Not one is lvl21 - but one is 19 again *sigh*)
Last edited by Poerger on Sep 14, 2014, 8:08:46 AM
"
dudss wrote:
"
"
Morael wrote:
tl/dr: I know this was meant to be a cheap build. But, I've used it pretty well as a cheap build and with some luck I've made a decent bit of currency. I'm trying to theory craft if there exists "another level" that we can ascend this build up to, both defensively and offensively.

Yeah, I've been putting some thought into that as well. If you're stuck with a Tabula, like I am, then as you mentioned Phase Acrobatics is really good, and I've already given up a decent chunk of damage in favour of it. My character only has 8k Evasion, but that's enough for around 40% chance to evade, which combines really well with Dodge and of course Spell Dodge is just a good thing in general. Trying to make that work with a Cloak of Defiance and high level AA is a bit trickier, since halving your ES would be a big hit to your mana pool. But I've also guessed that at the top end, an Acrobatics CoD set-up would probably be best.

My biggest problem with acro is that it goes against EB and makes running high level AA that much harder.

It's not as much harder as you may think.

I'm sitting at almost 290 mana/sec regen with my current setup and my clarity isn't level 20 yet.
If I grabbed Acrobatics, I would drop to 247/sec regen, but I still have one ring that doesn't have regen on it yet.
I'd only need a little bit of regen on it, or even just some + mana to bump myself back up past 249 (level 22 AA combined drain). Hell, just the base mana from gaining a couple of levels would be enough to bump me back past that, probably.

The open mana pool, however, would be a different story. I'd probably drop down to only having 400 free mana after reservation, which wouldn't be as great. Still tinkering with math and ideas. I need to math out how much of a survivability increase we could milk out by just stacking more life/mana. My life pool is only ~3.5k at the moment (mostly because I have no life on my shield... but it's such a damn good shield).

My Setup

On another topic, what map bosses are people having difficulties with?
Chunky physical/chaos damage are hard.

Jungle Valley spider boss - as long as I got myself in a corner and kept shooting until the boss was dead (surgeon's pots, keep the charges coming and I'll keep rolling them). - this was even when I was still using tabula, it was terrifying but could be done.

Labyrinth boss - I only managed to kill it one time. I don't know how to do that apart from either grabbing spell dodge or stacking a bunch of chaos resist.

Trapper bosses - don't get hit, simple as that. Those bear traps will wreck your day.

Merveil - I still think she's massively overtuned. It's more difficult for me to kill a 75 necropolis merveil with NO buff mods to the fight than it is for me to kill a 77 -maax shrine piety. There's something deeply wrong with that.

Palace dom - Don't face tank stuff, keep your topaz up, desync and you're dead. Pretty much the same old story (if you ever played classic buzzsaw)

I can't think of any other bosses worth mentioning. I think Academy (76) is my favorite map to farm right now. Well, that and shipyard. Both are absolutely cake easy. I even do them with some nasty mods like -max, ele weakness, and certain ele reflect combos. I will run ele reflect maps that also have monsters with either 75 light res, 75 fire res or putting me with ele equilibrium. It nerfs the ele portion of my dps enough so that I don't even notice the reflect, and my added chaos damage just sweeps the packs clean.

Again, I'm using arc - fireball - added chaos. If you try this combo, on any boss that you can stand next to without getting instigibbed, the shotgun dps is mindblowing.

If you guys have any questions about the higher geared experience with this build, or would like to run some maps with me, ask me here or just message me ingame (on rampage). My ign is in my sig. :)
Glad it's all working out for you Morael :)

Actually I'll add to your discussion. Have you tried a flame surge in place of added chaos? It sounds that with your playstyle and fireball/arc, a flamesurge should be more single target damage.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Sep 14, 2014, 12:02:37 PM
Sry if it was asked already, what about doing atziri with this build? can it be done or would that be rather hard?
Gear
Spoiler

This is my current set of gear at lv 70. So far clearing speed has not been a problem. Only certain hard hitting mobs tend to pose problems like chargers and leapers. If I'm able to whirling blades away in time it would be fine but if I get charged/leaped on from off screen it might sometimes 1 shot me lol. Any recommendations for improvements on gear? Used to play a max block/spell block LS build. Clear speed loses slightly but survivability is way higher.

PS: Just testing LGoH as opposed to life leech. Seems slightly better since my health pool is only around 2.7k atm and the life gain on hit from the buttloads of projectiles we unleash tends to get you topped up faster.
Also, both my rings are able to master craft crit mods. Don't know if it's worth it since it costs 1 divine each and the rolls aren't that significant?

Last edited by Schizo87 on Sep 14, 2014, 9:19:13 PM
"
Mathil wrote:
Glad it's all working out for you Morael :)

Actually I'll add to your discussion. Have you tried a flame surge in place of added chaos? It sounds that with your playstyle and fireball/arc, a flamesurge should be more single target damage.

I have done a little dabbling with flame surge, and I didn't care for it. I really, really, really like added chaos. /bandwagon. Hahaha

I've started focusing on a healthy balance between far ranged dps and shotgun dps. Palace Dominus had a few misunderstandings about me trying to shotgun him in the face... Apparently he doesn't like that? What a jerk.

My latest testing has been back to swapping between GMP and LMP. Fireballs get ridiculous with LMP, my FB goes up to 2782 tooltip with lmp (2020 with gmp), and it's still level 19 (so is added chaos). ST tooltip is 1700 dps with lmp.

It doesn't feel as nice clearing packs, but man does it help for bosses. I have a feeling that in the end, I'll just keep an LMP in my inventory and swap it out for bosses.

"
dr460nf1r3 wrote:
Sry if it was asked already, what about doing atziri with this build? can it be done or would that be rather hard?

I tried doing atziri and I ended up getting gibbed to flameblasts too many times. This is partially me being a nub having never done it before, and partially being easily stunned by such high damage single hits. I'm sure that this build can do atziri. Adding on an additional defensive layer to this build could definitely make it easier, though. Right now, to keep things simple, I'm piling points into the hp/es 4 pack nodes right above the shadow. I'm just testing if a bigger healthpool overall helps with some of the burst damage issues, and it may. If it doesn't help enough, I'm respeccing phase acrobatics.

Do you guys think this tree is viable coupled with rathpith and rainbowstrides?
Took 4 shield block clusters
Should have about 55% block and ~57% spell block

Passive Tree

Using these to cap resists with PoL
Spoiler

Last edited by Schizo87 on Sep 16, 2014, 5:14:33 AM
"
Schizo87 wrote:

Passive Tree

Spoiler

What you've linked is actually what I'm trying to set up right now. I think block is extremely viable with this build with rathpith and rainbowstrides. How much you want to invest into it may depend, but I'm going to try out just the spellblock cluster, and maybe 3 points in the ranger area.

I determined that acrobatics is a complete waste when paired with cloak of defiance, it defeats the purpose.
I'm in the process of getting the boots/shield.
"
Schizo87 wrote:

Passive Tree

Spoiler

I'm assuming investment into CI was an accident instead of EB?
Level 77 with this build and i think i have pretty good gear. (Not sure how to link) Dont have a cloak but a 5L still and i am really lacking hard on single target, kinda putting me off. Any advice? I really like it but the fps hit to partys combined with not being able to single target solo really sucks.
IGN: Melo_mania

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info