Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

"
Morael wrote:
I'm starting to get very curious... of you guys that are thirsting for more and more damage nodes, and/or wanting to use herald of ice, how many of you are doing 77-78 maps? Also, how many of you have level 20 spells?

Well, I think the answer would be very few people, hitting level 20 gems takes a lot of time, and Rampage/Beyond is still relatively young, I'd bet that the average player that only has time for 1-2 hours a day is still sitting on a bunch of level 18 gems. My gem levels are at about 19.5, but even that's pretty high compared to the average player. Obviously if we're talking pure absolute end-game where you have mirror-worthy gear, a perfect dagger, level 21 gems, Atziri's Acuity, and etc. etc., then you'll be clearing 78 maps at an insane speed even if you take no damage passives/auras at all. Hell, get hit with Enfeeble, and you probably wouldn't see a difference at that point. All of which would let you just go pure tankiness to the point of near immortality.

But realistically this is a budget build(My dagger's got 1.69 attack speed and 8.8 crit, which is quite low in both accounts, not that it matters, since it still clears end-game content.), my gems aren't fully levelled, few even have any quality on them, all of what I'm wearing aside from my Tabula Rasa is self found, and of course there's the fact that I'm safely clearing end-game content while using a Tabula Rasa.

I think that's what this particular build is really all about, you can literally just grab an single exalt, and turn that into an entirely viable end-game build. But doing that is going to require that you take the odd damage passive, maybe use Herald of Ice, but there's certainly nothing wrong with that.

I'd say it's quite nice to have a build that exists that doesn't assume and rely on all your gems being level 20, or rely on you spending hours farming enough currency to buy the necessary gear. Just grab some junk that caps your resists, find any old item with a bunch of linked sockets, get a dagger with crit and craft attack speed onto it, and boom, you're good to go.
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Sep 13, 2014, 2:09:49 PM
So, how much crit is considered "good"?
I'm only missing two 25% crit nodes right now and I'm at 42,8% crit without power charges.
I have 21% and 24% global crit chance on my rings and 70% on my dagger.
So I guess that there isn't much more crit I can get, right? Mathil doesn't seem to have much more as well and he's wrecking everything, so is the maximum somewhere aroudn 50% without power charges?
Decided to make a character for this build 2 days ago, had some currency to invest from previous characters. Started mapping yesterday, going really well so far up to 72 maps.
I began with Arc+FP but recently been using arctic breath instead of fp and I feel breath does more damage even tough my AB gem is lower level than my FP gem. Anyone has an opinion on this?
Gear
Spoiler

"
Zelos666 wrote:
I'm only missing two 25% crit nodes right now and I'm at 42,8% crit without power charges.
So I guess that there isn't much more crit I can get, right? Mathil doesn't seem to have much more as well and he's wrecking everything, so is the maximum somewhere aroudn 50% without power charges?

I'm at about 60% without power charges and 85% with power charges. Your Dagger is likely what's holding you back. You're reading the numbers wrong, the 40%/60%/80% implicit mod that is present on a white dagger is an Global Crit modifier, which means it adds based on the base crit chance of the dagger. The explicit crit mod(This is the really important one) that you can roll on a magic or rare dagger actually changes the base crit chance that all the Global Modifiers add from.

So basically the crit chance roll you can get on a Rare Dagger acts as a More Crit Chance modifier, so getting that is really important. So the Crit number on your Dagger that you should actually care about is the one that is 8.9% on the dagger linked below, getting that as high as possible is what really determines your crit chance. Try to find a dagger with over 9% crit chance if you can, but most importantly go for a balance of crit chance and attack speed(Best got from an Ambusher, although Imperial Skeans are good too.)

Note the difference between the "Increased Global Critical Strike Chance" in the implicit mod, and the much more important "Increased Critical Strike Chance" in the explicit mod
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Sep 13, 2014, 3:15:08 PM
"
"
Zelos666 wrote:

I'm at about 60% without power charges and 85% with power charges. Your Dagger is likely what's holding you back. You're reading the numbers wrong, the 40%/60%/80% implicit mod that is present on a white dagger is an Global Crit modifier, which means it adds based on the base crit chance of the dagger. The explicit crit mod(This is the really important one) that you can roll on a magic or rare dagger actually changes the base crit chance that all the Global Modifiers add from.

So basically the crit chance roll you can get on a Rare Dagger acts as a More Crit Chance modifier, so getting that is really important. So the Crit number on your Dagger that you should actually care about is the one that is 8.9% on the dagger linked below, getting that as high as possible is what really determines your crit chance. Try to find a dagger with over 9% crit chance if you can, but most importantly go for a balance of crit chance and attack speed(Best got from an Ambusher, although Imperial Skeans are good too.)

Note the difference between the "Increased Global Critical Strike Chance" in the implicit mod, and the much more important "Increased Critical Strike Chance" in the explicit mod

Oh, I didn't even know it worked that way. Thanks for the explanation.
I got 8.08% crit chance on my dagger but I'm only level 60 right now. I'll try to get a better one as soon as possible.
"
"
Morael wrote:
I'm starting to get very curious... of you guys that are thirsting for more and more damage nodes, and/or wanting to use herald of ice, how many of you are doing 77-78 maps? Also, how many of you have level 20 spells?

Well, I think the answer would be very few people, hitting level 20 gems takes a lot of time, and Rampage/Beyond is still relatively young, I'd bet that the average player that only has time for 1-2 hours a day is still sitting on a bunch of level 18 gems. My gem levels are at about 19.5, but even that's pretty high compared to the average player. Obviously if we're talking pure absolute end-game where you have mirror-worthy gear, a perfect dagger, level 21 gems, Atziri's Acuity, and etc. etc., then you'll be clearing 78 maps at an insane speed even if you take no damage passives/auras at all. Hell, get hit with Enfeeble, and you probably wouldn't see a difference at that point. All of which would let you just go pure tankiness to the point of near immortality.

But realistically this is a budget build(My dagger's got 1.69 attack speed and 8.8 crit, which is quite low in both accounts, not that it matters, since it still clears end-game content.), my gems aren't fully levelled, few even have any quality on them, all of what I'm wearing aside from my Tabula Rasa is self found, and of course there's the fact that I'm safely clearing end-game content while using a Tabula Rasa.

I think that's what this particular build is really all about, you can literally just grab an single exalt, and turn that into an entirely viable end-game build. But doing that is going to require that you take the odd damage passive, maybe use Herald of Ice, but there's certainly nothing wrong with that.

I'd say it's quite nice to have a build that exists that doesn't assume and rely on all your gems being level 20, or rely on you spending hours farming enough currency to buy the necessary gear. Just grab some junk that caps your resists, find any old item with a bunch of linked sockets, get a dagger with crit and craft attack speed onto it, and boom, you're good to go.

I definitely agree that it's nice this build scales so quickly with so little gear. But, in terms of offensive ability... I linked all of my gear. My setup is certainly worth quite a bit more, but that investment is in defense, not offense (i.e. it's expensive because of a 6L cloak of defiance instead of a tabula). Otherwise the most expensive piece I have are my gloves that I payed 1.5 ex for.

With my gems (only one of which is level 20, a corrupted arc that I nabbed for 8 chaos a while ago for a dps boost and insurance so I can vaal my own arc when it hits 20), I do plenty of dps. Enough to clear 79 maps quickly (no that's not a typo, I did two vaal temples today, one of which had absolutely ridiculous mods).
I also tried to do atziri, but ended up ripping too many times because I'd get one shot. Part of that was lack of skill on my part, since it was my first time ever trying atziri, but part of it was lack of defensiveness for this build. I need more life, but I need a bunch of new gear to obtain that (specifically a shield). I also think adding an additional layer of defense like some spell block or acro/phase acro would be a decent idea.

tl/dr: I know this was meant to be a cheap build. But, I've used it pretty well as a cheap build and with some luck I've made a decent bit of currency. I'm trying to theory craft if there exists "another level" that we can ascend this build up to, both defensively and offensively.
Ty Mathil for another great build for my 65 challenge, 3rd Mathil build I've done, no regrets.

When I was fiddling around, I found using Assassin's Mark in the 6L for lazy people is a pretty sick way of keeping charges up, increase crit chance and of course gaining extra multi.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Morael wrote:
tl/dr: I know this was meant to be a cheap build. But, I've used it pretty well as a cheap build and with some luck I've made a decent bit of currency. I'm trying to theory craft if there exists "another level" that we can ascend this build up to, both defensively and offensively.

Yeah, I've been putting some thought into that as well. If you're stuck with a Tabula, like I am, then as you mentioned Phase Acrobatics is really good, and I've already given up a decent chunk of damage in favour of it. My character only has 8k Evasion, but that's enough for around 40% chance to evade, which combines really well with Dodge and of course Spell Dodge is just a good thing in general. Trying to make that work with a Cloak of Defiance and high level AA is a bit trickier, since halving your ES would be a big hit to your mana pool. But I've also guessed that at the top end, an Acrobatics CoD set-up would probably be best.
"
"
Morael wrote:

Yeah, I've been putting some thought into that as well. If you're stuck with a Tabula, like I am, then as you mentioned Phase Acrobatics is really good, and I've already given up a decent chunk of damage in favour of it. My character only has 8k Evasion, but that's enough for around 40% chance to evade, which combines really well with Dodge and of course Spell Dodge is just a good thing in general. Trying to make that work with a Cloak of Defiance and high level AA is a bit trickier, since halving your ES would be a big hit to your mana pool. But I've also guessed that at the top end, an Acrobatics CoD set-up would probably be best.

My biggest problem with acro is that it goes against EB and makes running high level AA that much harder.
Last edited by dudss on Sep 13, 2014, 5:34:10 PM
"
dudss wrote:

My biggest problem with acro is that it goes against EB and makes running high level AA that much harder.

Yeah, it's tricky, but not impossible. Had a Summoner way back in Domination that sustained a level 19 AA while going low-life with a Solaris Lorica, just by having a whole bunch of mana regen on gear. Of course Summoners don't really require any stats on gear to work well, since they're basically scaled entirely through the passive tree. Still a similar idea would work here as well, but yeah, it wouldn't be cheap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info