Save up forever for a crown of eyes. Get shit all over.

^^^ I'm too lazy to mess with quotes but regarding the league changes...

It was obvious that CoE was broken on release, everyone and their mother knew it. Shavs was already broken, CoE just made it 100x more broken. It would have been ok to nerf it because everyone realized how dumb the item really was. Gets bonuses from RF/PA and Spell Dmg? Check. Affects all sources of dmg on attack? Check. Dumb item. Should have been nerfed from the start, then we wouldn't have had this whole debacle in the first place.
im very unhappy with the coe nerf
but at least i've just found this.. and i hope it get nerfed and sky rocket to over 9000 exalted >_<
I still hold out hope that maybe someday a few more people will grow up and start thinking more about what's best for the game overall and not just "But how does it affect MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!11!!!!!???!?!!?!1?"

Or that they might expand their vocabulary enough to be able to express a negative opinion of something once in a while without needing to reference defecation in some way.

Sadly, that seems to be overly optimistic still around here...
People who find COE shit themselves cause they just found a 45ex item. I found my COE a few weeks ago and have been tinkering non stop with whether or not I want to sell it to start a new build, or save it to make an OP build, obv with PA/RF. Now the price is diving and anyone who didn't sell theirs, or recently bought one, is basically screwed out of a lifetime's worth of exalts. I've been playing this game since open beta and have found 4 exalts total. I have a level 90 scion and several level 80+, and I can honestly say almost half my wealth is contained in that COE. So as a long time supporter (I've dropped over $200 on this free game), I want to express my complete disappointment in this nerf. I don't care about overpowered builds, its what makes this game fun. These nerfs to items are in the complete wrong spirit of this game, and the reason why I'll probably stop playing if COE prices fall below 40ex after the expansion. I was actually thinking of trading my COE for a windripper, but if COE prices fall drastically and legacy windripper jumps 100 ex in price, I'll hang this game up faster than I did Diablo 3. If the the forsaken masters was designed to keep old players, then these item nerfs will surely get rid of them.
"
realmoney wrote:
People who find COE shit themselves cause they just found a 45ex item. I found my COE a few weeks ago and have been tinkering non stop with whether or not I want to sell it to start a new build, or save it to make an OP build, obv with PA/RF. Now the price is diving and anyone who didn't sell theirs, or recently bought one, is basically screwed out of a lifetime's worth of exalts. I've been playing this game since open beta and have found 4 exalts total. I have a level 90 scion and several level 80+, and I can honestly say almost half my wealth is contained in that COE. So as a long time supporter (I've dropped over $200 on this free game), I want to express my complete disappointment in this nerf. I don't care about overpowered builds, its what makes this game fun. These nerfs to items are in the complete wrong spirit of this game, and the reason why I'll probably stop playing if COE prices fall below 40ex after the expansion. I was actually thinking of trading my COE for a windripper, but if COE prices fall drastically and legacy windripper jumps 100 ex in price, I'll hang this game up faster than I did Diablo 3. If the the forsaken masters was designed to keep old players, then these item nerfs will surely get rid of them.

Not entirely true. I found a CoE in Ambush and said "Oh, CoE! Nifty." I put it in stash and now its still there on standard. The only reason I was glad to find it was because I didn't have one. I didn't give a single thought to its 'value'.

I would gladly say it should be changed. Any item that is broken or overpowered should be balanced. The game is continually changing, that is just the way of things. Even if I had the item and had built a character around it. If it changed, well, okay. Time to build a new one or find a way to make it work!
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Agree I don't even own one - retroactively nerfing is some serious bull. Especially when other legacies like Kaoms etc are still rollin' in Standard and Hardcore perma leagues. It's a double standard. It's nixing a players investment. Just bad mojo.

Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Agree I don't even own one - retroactively nerfing is some serious bull. Especially when other legacies like Kaoms etc are still rollin' in Standard and Hardcore perma leagues. It's a double standard. It's nixing a players investment. Just bad mojo.

I agree, if they nerf all the legacy items to their current forms, but singling out COE like this is just unfair to the people who invested in one. I dumped so many good items trying to accumulate exalts to purchase items for a reasonable COE build, hours of trading, months of grinding, only to have my goals disappear. I really do like this game, but I can't agree with this route they're taking on this item. It really is a shame and double standard.
Still a very, very strong item. Look at the spell damage nodes that aren't even notables (16% for witch start area for example) and with CoE those will boost both elemental and physical attack damage output.

It's just no longer a low life no-brainer, actually requires some specific gear and/or building.

You who sell it cheap now because it's "worthless and nerfed", will lose in the long run. It will still be BiS for many attack builds.

Also, this debate really shows how GGG can never "win" :

- Nerf with legacy leads into QQ
- Nerf without legacy leads into QQ

People will always cry depending on how it affects their "wealth".
"
realmoney wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I agree, if they nerf all the legacy items to their current forms, but singling out COE like this is just unfair to the people who invested in one. I dumped so many good items trying to accumulate exalts to purchase items for a reasonable COE build, hours of trading, months of grinding, only to have my goals disappear. I really do like this game, but I can't agree with this route they're taking on this item. It really is a shame and double standard.

They aren't singling it out. They've stated before that the reason behind not retroactively nerfing most uniques is because of technical issues with changes to uniques that have a numerical range.

In this case, it isn't that. It is merely changing the way the mechanic on the unique item works. This can be uniformly applied to all uniques. This isn't the first time they've done this to a unique item and changed others retroactively.

If they could do that with ALL changes easily, they would. Legacies are there for technical reasons, not for some aesthetic choice just to piss people off. In this case, they could avoid creating a legacy version, so they did.

To top it all off, the item in question is still very strong after the fact. It isn't like it was nerfed into uselessness.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Aug 11, 2014, 3:45:07 AM
If your going to nerf a fucking item NERF everything don't fucking target one item or two. That's fucking stupid lol

This is coming from a person with every legacy piece in the game.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info