Save up forever for a crown of eyes. Get shit all over.

"
chromafunk wrote:
Read again what Chris has been saying. The nerfs are not the only changes that will be made, there are ingame mechanics being changed along with the nerfs.

I Certainly can smell that CoE is not going to buff Wrath and Anger anymore, besides not accepting PA and RF. That is exactly what was also OP about CoE actually. The spell damage of PA also buffed retroactively Wrath and Anger. Meaning that you will still be OP as hell if that is allowed to happen if you equip enough spell damage on gear + passives, and that is wrong because it was not intended.

Funny thing is that most people owns a CoE but they are not really aware of the broken mechanics and what it exactly does, wich is completely out of measure.

CoE was a complete "beta" released item. It was too wide on both accepting input from too many sources and delivering output to too many places.

GGG didn't take care on thinking deeply about how to limit the hat and it went totally out of control, and in my oppinion that partly ruined the SoTV experience for many players. The impact that this hat has imprinted on the current meta is deadlier than you think.

It basically ruined the balance of the game and reduced the meta to a single skill / build as the absolute dominator, ruining also the build diversity philosophy of the game, not to mention the prices hyperinflation and the RMT encouraging. That was a big mistake, and i hope they will be much more careful from now on when releasing a potentially OP item. Powerful items are nice to exist, they are fun and it's cool to get to own them. But to keep the game healthy they must think twice and test before releasing imho.

Changing the numeric value of an item mod is adjusting, balancing, AKA Shavs, Khaoms ( ES and Life )

"
Changing the mechanic of an item is fixing, correcting a broken thing, AKA CoE, Vertex (Broken, uncarefully coded mechanics )

KInda right but CoE is in game almost a year they waited too long to nerf it. It was 20+ ex and 30+ and 40+ today almost 60+ ex and they decide to nerf it. They created that broken mechanic and they knew it all time(and kinda they broke mechanic again with Atziri gloves). Who da heck think adding those Atziri gloves is smart move.
It reached 90 and 100 stupid exalted for two weeks actually. Even corrupted CoE sold for 70 exalted. Everyone wanted the broken hat ... and GGG took way too long to nerf it, you are right as i said before. I am not involved on this price plummeting luckily, sold a corrupted CoE for 50 exa one month ago. So I'm sorry for the people who wanted to speculate but this is like the stock market, you never know if your investment will be safe, no warranty.

The only real winner is the game itself, because we are finally getting rid of the stupid inbalance that was literally destroying the game. To the losers : insert coin and try again !
Last edited by chromafunk on Aug 13, 2014, 5:49:53 AM
blablablsthis-->blablathat-->GGG post-->blablablathat-->blablablathis

Interesting, time for the new leagues instead of the forumgame
d:-D*
"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
Thanks for that.

Rest in peace.

Spoiler

For those who will be skeptical.

I got the shavs back in anarchy. It was only 50 ex for a 6 link.

Everything else, including the CoE was a very fucking hard grind in ambush league. I had no plans of playing another 4 month league. I wanted to make my ultimate hero. The 6 link Windripper came from sacrificing a lot of my finds from before and buying it for a stupid price, but I wanted it to build the best.

That diamond ring with the resists/WED and ES? Yeah I spent my eternal and exalts crafting it custom for this build. All down the drain. What a fucking joke.

All of this is a buildup of wealth from multiple 4 month leagues. Now, I find, instead of becoming a legacy item, GGG just decides to retroactively nerf my shit. This rubs me the wrong way for many reasons.

Go ahead, laugh people that could not afford such a build or have the patience to trade your way up to it. One of these days GGG will shit all over your build. Nobody will care. This game is going to hell.

All hail Path of Nerfs.

http://www.twitch.tv/manocean/c/4881804 REEP !
WagWan
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
gilrad wrote:
So if the problem is that you can't update mods with number ranges, isn't it possible to change unique mods that aren't shared by other items (Aegis Auora for example) from mods with a number range to mods without a number range?
There is no such thing. A Mod is a set of stat : value pairs, where the stat is stored in a lookup based on mod type, and the value is stored individually in the item.
"
gilrad wrote:
So instead of saying "this is a mod with a <number>", simply change the entire mod so that it says "this is a mod with the number 2".
The system does not support this concept - this is just not how mods and/or stats work.
"
gilrad wrote:
Also, how much time are we talking about for running a script through all the items and updating them all? I'm sure if it's less than six hours
We can't be sure (it gets longer all the time as more items are created), but last time tests were done to come up with an estimation I heard something about it taking at least several days. And that was a long time ago now with a lot more items created since then.

poe still has no concept of versioning? kind of need to solve that. both at the character, account, item server and network protocol level. hell i've been waiting for your website/api to support versioning especially to show previous incarnations of the game since you guys fail to mark this as being historic (disabled). relying on a wiki and forum threads to track a rather significant aspect of the game trading culture is silly. you want this game to be for the hardcore yet lack the way to involve them.

add a callback on login to clone this user's characters so then you have version V and version V+N. players can continue playing on version V until version V+N is properly migrated. part of that migration is filtering invalid/unintended drops (hi ball lightning/phase run) by mutating them into a new version of the spell (inert) or removal entirely (rare).

the next time that player connects the version of that character is now at version V+N. this character can not interact (trade/play/etc) with players of version V to avoid forward leaking of intended filtered items.

new instances also have a version attachment so that when you are playing the new character you only spawn in areas appropriate to that version.

this is a fairly common pattern in all production online systems. rolling forward a database and frontend to match versions without completely going offline to do so is an intrinsic now.
@OP, is there any type of map which will give your character trouble? Your gear is so good that you faceroll all of the current content in the game.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
So you lose 30% of your dps which is huge already and enough to stomp content?
Yeah, i can't really feel bad when a build goes from insane*X dps to insane dps.

If you didn't have insane dps with that gear that is then a different issue.

And COE is still a BiS dps helm, just not for Bow builds.
If COE turned legacy would you also react like this?

No, you wouldn't. You would be glad you snagged one before it turned legacy and gained a lot of pixel wealth.

"

One of these days GGG will shit all over your build.

And i expect them to do so. That is why i don't pour all my currency into a single build.
You seriously didn't expect them not to nerf it eventually, everyone knew it was broken.

I am pretty glad the game is constantly changing, it means every few months there is a reason to think outside the box and come up with something rather than make the 1 op build and never get challenged by anything, ever.

You are not entitled to anything in this game, if you cannot grasp that concept you will get let down. Play for fun and stop worrying about pixel wealth.

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
Thanks for that.

Rest in peace.

Go ahead, laugh people that could not afford such a build or have the patience to trade your way up to it. One of these days GGG will shit all over your build. Nobody will care. This game is going to hell.

All hail Path of Nerfs.

Not going to laugh, but you should be painfully aware by now of the fact that GGG both wants you to play for a long time and continues punishing your efforts if you don't constantly play the new leagues. It's part of the business plan.
It's why player retention is so low, because even with a bit of polish, you won't convince a lot of people to play the same desync/slow content a 10th time.

D2 managed to fix this nicely by focussing on skillprogression, rather than gearwalls, with gear being the cherry on top which had the potential to make insanely OP builds the longer you played. Hell, even the lack of gear necessities made sure that the grinding itself was addicting enough to keep people entertained in the same 2-3 endzones. They had so few updates that people could have their fun playing OP shit for a year before getting bored and moving on to another build organically. After a few patches, lvl 100 also wasn't too much of a grind any more, so people made new characters in a natural manner, since they couldn't further grind the character. The character was finished. In POE, there's a soft cap on lvl 80 leaving the players without a sense of accomplishment. Characters in poe are abandoned or forcefully left behind due to nerfs, never completed unless you literally make POE your full time, non-paying job.

Hell, if POE had a normal skilltree or removed the pathways to allow for more diversity, focussed on polishing the existing content, got rid of their ridiculous notion to retain player economy hackfree with desync as a consequence and kept nerfs to once every 15 months, you'd have much higher player retention. The game would have a chance to grow. But all I read about POE these days are negative issues except the sporadic posts that talk about dev interaction on reddit which(let's be honest), are so likely to be shill accounts that I'm questioning the credibility automatically + the GGG defence force on these forums.

I mean the few answers we do get from devs about this sort of stuff can be shortened to "Yeah, we understand you, but we're going to do what we want anyway. As our game vision is more important than your petty need for enjoyment."

Which is funny, in a sad clown kinda way.
Now bring on the doge dev posts.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
I don't know if I couldn't find it, or if I skipped the wrong page, but..
How exactly will coe be nerfed?
RF and Pain Attunement won't affect COE.

So you can "only" rely on increased spell damage from gear and passives now, %More spell damage wont do anything.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info