Save up forever for a crown of eyes. Get shit all over.

"
my main problem is that they don't give the community much advance notice of these changes

?.. The newsletter was an advance notice. There is also much more significant changes that matter far more and you could argue those require advance notice too.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 12, 2014, 11:51:24 AM
"
kasub wrote:
"
my main problem is that they don't give the community much advance notice of these changes

?.. The newsletter was an advance notice.

Then they didn't do it before!

Boo-hooo!
"
kasub wrote:
?.. The newsletter was an advance notice.

Eight days? Nine days? lol.

You might as well call the patch notes that will arrive hours before the patch arrives as "advance notice."

What about other items? Is CoE the only item being changed? Doubt it.

Surely they knew CoE was going to be changed before that day. Why wasn't it announced? Who were the ones that benefited?

"
kasub wrote:
There is also much more significant changes that matter far more and you could argue those require advance notice too.

Uh, like what? Skill tree changes? You get free respecs for those.
Last edited by Veruski on Aug 12, 2014, 11:56:23 AM
"

Surely they knew CoE was going to be changed before that day. Why wasn't it announced? Who were the ones that benefited?

No one benefited?.. It's just one of the many balance changes. I'm really confused where you're going with that line of thinking.

They actually gave 10 days notice which is plenty. CoE is still BiS for most builds that used it with the exception of two hand builds and bow builds.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 12, 2014, 12:01:56 PM
You are really wondering where Veruski is heading with all the tinfoil hattery he done before? :D

Also believing that a build only persists of items, lmao. How out of touch can one be with the game and still post, I thought I was the scrub around here. Imagine the huge profit people are making with buying cleave gems right now! That with insider knowledge, omg!
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 12, 2014, 12:04:07 PM
"
kasub wrote:
"

No one benefited?..

Whoever knew before the general public was in good position to benefit. Considering that number is quite obviously larger than zero, it is safe to say that people were benefiting.

This is a pattern with legacy/non-legacy unique changing in general. It is not new with CoE.
They could give you a year's notice; it wouldn't make a difference. Demand changes the moment notification occurs, and people will still have invested prior to that notification. Those investments win or lose instantly upon notification, irregardless of how forward the notification was. You are arguing nothing.

Spoiler
Give us this nada our daily nada and nada us our nada as we nada our nadas and nada us not into nada but deliver us from nada; pues nada. Hail nothing full of nothing, nothing is with thee.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
They could give you a year's notice; it wouldn't make a difference.

It makes a difference if not everybody knows at the same time.

If a long duration goes by with only a small subset of players knowing the details, then that's obviously a difference versus everybody knowing at as close to the same time as possible (equal footing).

As soon as GGG concludes that an item is being permanently altered, or made legacy, the general playerbase should be notified.

I'm certain this was well before the current announcement, and I'm also certain that there are plenty of other changes of this sort happening that players are not being notified of.

Considering there's no motive for this behavior, and it's trivial, fast, and painless to notify everybody, the only reason GGG would not be doing this would be for the benefit of themselves or their friends. Basic corruption, which for the 235792375th time is quite common with small developers of MMO-type games.

In other words, nothing new, but still reprehensible.
Last edited by Veruski on Aug 12, 2014, 12:08:25 PM
What?

Edit: in re edit: I'm trying to take you seriously, but it's becoming more apparent--you must live in some other dimension.

1) Painless: plans change up to and including immediately prior to patch deployment. Any declaration would be meaningless, as there can be no promise things will result as declared. The further from deployment that declaration is made, the more true this statement is. That is far from "painless."
2) Preempt a change by a year's notification. If a player would have known sooner than another player given only a day's notification, then a player would have known sooner than another player given a year's notification.

Precisely nothing changes, except GGG assumes greater risk than is reasonable or necessary. The only thing reprehensible here is your lack of an argument and persistence to argue nothing.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Aug 12, 2014, 12:17:52 PM
Is this about the newsletter? That got immediately posted.

Saying anyone else knew ahead of time is something I don't care to discuss since it's pointless speculation. I also don't see how the advance notice date has anything to do with all that rubbish.

"
As soon as GGG concludes that an item is being permanently altered, or made legacy, the general playerbase should be notified.

That's not a good way to develop a game. I played a game where devs loved giving sneak peeks and made statements months ahead of time. That came to bite them back when they couldn't keep promises or completely contradicted an announcement.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 12, 2014, 12:12:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info