Save up forever for a crown of eyes. Get shit all over.

"
I boast my legacy items and fucking make people mad that's how I am but this is fucking stupid right here.

Once more if your going to nerf something YOU NERF IT ALL you don't fucking nerf one single item and don't touch others.

Yet another example of the abysmal folly of contaminating PoE with Legacies in the first place. Their corrupting influence is so insidious that BiS-obsessed players are no longer satisfied with yesterday's trophies. They now feel cheated of their presumed entitlement when an absurdly broken Unique is inexplicably NOT anointed with Legacy status, and rail bitterly against the "injustice" of it all.

The harsh truth is that we don't own anything in this game, it all belongs to GGG. They give us free entry to their playground, and it's GGG's perogative to retroactively overhaul any part of the game anytime they see fit. Your Mirrored treasures, Legacies, Exalts and Eternals are worth nothing in the end! (Except for those who expect to cash out via RMT...)
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
I boast my legacy items and fucking make people mad that's how I am but this is fucking stupid right here.

Once more if your going to nerf something YOU NERF IT ALL you don't fucking nerf one single item and don't touch others.

Yet another example of the abysmal folly of contaminating PoE with Legacies in the first place. Their corrupting influence is so insidious that BiS-obsessed players are no longer satisfied with yesterday's trophies. They now feel cheated of their presumed entitlement when an absurdly broken Unique is inexplicably NOT anointed with Legacy status, and rail bitterly against the "injustice" of it all.

The harsh truth is that we don't own anything in this game, it all belongs to GGG. They give us free entry to their playground, and it's GGG's perogative to retroactively overhaul any part of the game anytime they see fit. Your Mirrored treasures, Legacies, Exalts and Eternals are worth nothing in the end! (Except for those who expect to cash out via RMT...)

That might be the harsh truth. In practice the player satisfaction is hurt, especially if you alter an item they worked forward to for a longer period of time. In practice people will cry either way, and that the effort to circumvent the existence of legacy items at this point is therefore a waste of time.

In practice legacy items don't affect gameplay balance with the nasty exception of PvP, which is not balanced anyway. They are however a factor in perceived item acquisition both giving and taking value to the game depending how you look at them.

If GGG starts to consider 3rd party influence, they better get rid of trading altogether. It is the right thing to do, right? A different company did so and they don't have any 3rd party influence anymore in their game.
Spoiler
lol
"
iamstryker wrote:

You don't always win when you play Path of Economy. lol
S L O W E R
"
ampdecay wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

I've won every time but this one. EVERY fucking time

How am I at fault when they decide to change their fucking w/e there doing the fuck lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
ampdecay wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

How am I at fault when they decide to change their fucking w/e there doing the fuck lol

You're not at fault except for taking the initial risk, just a different form of gambling

(market speculation if we wanna get technical, but just legal gambling in the USA lol)

S L O W E R
"
"
ampdecay wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

git gud gurl
I still dont get the point of balancing in this game, especially not in Softcore. The people in that league play to build up wealth, to showoff gear and builds. I certainly would be pissed if the devs kept fucking over my builds once every 4 months even though not having signed up for it (by playing a temporary league)
"
gilrad wrote:
So if the problem is that you can't update mods with number ranges, isn't it possible to change unique mods that aren't shared by other items (Aegis Auora for example) from mods with a number range to mods without a number range?
There is no such thing. A Mod is a set of stat : value pairs, where the stat is stored in a lookup based on mod type, and the value is stored individually in the item.
"
gilrad wrote:
So instead of saying "this is a mod with a <number>", simply change the entire mod so that it says "this is a mod with the number 2".
The system does not support this concept - this is just not how mods and/or stats work.
"
gilrad wrote:
Also, how much time are we talking about for running a script through all the items and updating them all? I'm sure if it's less than six hours
We can't be sure (it gets longer all the time as more items are created), but last time tests were done to come up with an estimation I heard something about it taking at least several days. And that was a long time ago now with a lot more items created since then.
This change really destroyed bow PA builds - they can't get increased spell damage like shield builds can.

When you can get 74% off shield and dagger, 22% from ammy - that's A-OK, but it really wrecked Windrippers who can't use shield or dagger.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

If I understand correctly the CoE change is different in the fact that it doesnt change the values of the items, it chanes the mod that the values point to?
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info