Save up forever for a crown of eyes. Get shit all over.

"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
It is called a legacy speculation market for a reason... and it affects all traders in PoE.

Except this isn't about something becoming legacy, learn to read and move on.
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
"
They already explained in another post why legacy items exist for mods with numeric ranges. The mod being nerfed on CoE is the same for all instances of the item, so it's not necessary to make it legacy.

Players should be glad when game balance is improved. If you're mad that you can't be overpowered after the patch, I'd say your priorities are off.
"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
It is called a legacy speculation market for a reason... and it affects all traders in PoE.

Except this isn't about something becoming legacy, learn to read and move on.

You don't know what a 'speculation market' is, do you?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
They already explained in another post why legacy items exist for mods with numeric ranges. The mod being nerfed on CoE is the same for all instances of the item, so it's not necessary to make it legacy.

Players should be glad when game balance is improved. If you're mad that you can't be overpowered after the patch, I'd say your priorities are off.

It is quite silly though that GGG just retroactively changes their stance on the item and decides to fuck over most people who already have it. This is despite the fact that since literally day 1 the item was broken as fuck (and was discovered to be so since day 1). So for four months they decided to do nothing and just let the item roll over everything, and suddenly decide to not just legacy it, but also retroactively nerf it into the ground? Pretty hilarious.

Now I'm not arguing that the exception wasn't a good one, it's just that if they were going to do this, they should have done it a long ass time ago.
Last edited by allbusiness on Aug 11, 2014, 1:53:20 AM
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
Uh

In what way have GGG ever said "We will never change your items?"

Because they havne't

Also in what way have they said "The price you pay to some random schmuck for an item is a set amount dictated by us, therefore if the price changes to a lower price we will pay you the difference"

Oh wait, thats bat shit crazy to assume that.

Why are people so ignorant regarding legacies? All the stupid complaining. Why are they not making this item legacy. And then Why are they making this item legacy. I hate that they don't update legacy items. I hate that they updated the legacy item.

Not to mention its been explained many times.

They don't update them primarily due to technical limitations.

The 'mods' have 'rolls'. Changing the 'rolls' is not something easily done and too much hassle, thus legacy items having legacy rolls but the same mods. Changing the mods is simple, everything references the same "increased spell damage" mod, so if you change how the mod works it changes everything.

This is easily a 'mod' case, it has the mod 'spell modifiers apply to attacks' with a roll of '1'. It is being changed to 'inc spell modifiers apply'. Therefore it will effect every item because the actual mod is changed.

It is a waste of time for them to do some weird coding stuff to make the item stay legacy. Just like its a waste of time to change the legacy type item to non legacy
all this outcry is a knee jerk reaction

when people test this they shall notice that stuff didnt change at all

sure, some numbers are lower, but who cares - this is like loosing 10k when having a billion in the bank

most CoE users were already one-shoting everything and this shall not change

CoE price might drop slightly but once people realize that this STILL is BiS item it shall go up again

people that are mad are these that wanted to make some dirty legacy money on it
I don't think they changed their "stance" exactly; it's more that many players seem to be confused about their stance. They don't like to make major nerfs during a temporary league since ladder players may have already invested heavily in the thing to be nerfed. That's part of the reason they didn't remove snapshotting until v1.2 as well.
"
I don't think they changed their "stance" exactly; it's more that many players seem to be confused about their stance. They don't like to make major nerfs during a temporary league since ladder players may have already invested heavily in the thing to be nerfed. That's part of the reason they didn't remove snapshotting until v1.2 as well.

they had a chance to nerf CoE on Day 0 when it ALREADY was obvious that this item is broken. noone had invested anything back then - simple change, one day of 'fun' for lucky ones and then no problem trough remainder of the leagues

but they had decided otherwise
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"

It is quite silly though that GGG just retroactively changes their stance on the item and decides to fuck over most people who already have it. This is despite the fact that since literally day 1 the item was broken as fuck (and was discovered to be so since day 1). So for four months they decided to do nothing and just let the item roll over everything, and suddenly decide to not just legacy it, but also retroactively nerf it into the ground? Pretty hilarious.

Now I'm not arguing that the exception wasn't a good one, it's just that if they were going to do this, they should have done it a long ass time ago.

They never seriously nerf items or change the way they functionally work during a 4 month league. This is completely consistent with the last year+.

They've always done changes, launch challenge league, challenge league ends, big changes, new league.

They've explained all of this before. They don't want to drastically change the way builds work during leagues which can be seen as races.

Sorry people got caught out by this, but they did say when the item was released that they could change CoE without leaving legacy items when the item was introduced.

Don't go chasing OP builds or items, it'll only leave you with a case of the sads =(
pretty sad if all exist coe's get nerfed
really really sad about the game, you just can't destroy so many builds, you should balance your uniques and make a few good ones instead of tons of useless uniques and the good ones are always unbalanced

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info