How did you discover Path of Exile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ejSJiGN4A8

Interesting to watch this again :)
Especially the part when Kripp's talking about the minimap :P
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Like >90% of people, I found it through kripp. <3
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
some times ago i have played a lot in WOT (clan wars), and someday my cousin told me about POE - game similar to diablo
i thougth, wow ... another diablo clone ... but i have downloaded and started (just for fun) to play and ... now this this the only game i play
IGN: Imoenpl, nieuczdziadajakcharchac
my first POEvid "Hybrid Wander and Atziri fight" http://youtu.be/0e-ffI2cOfY
Doesn't matter. What matters is I *did* discover it.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I played PoE before Kripp, can I feel special now? ...

Actually I can't exactly remember how I found it, maybe by a video by TotalBiscuit, but I did in april 2012 during closed beta when Fellshrine was fun to farm and Act 2 didn't have Vaal.
Last edited by leto2626 on Aug 11, 2014, 8:50:13 AM
Fellshrine is still fun to farm! And may it ever be so!

Since everyone's talking about The Coming of Kripp, I remember the invasion as well. Mostly I remember how much money it made GGG, but also the quiet panic it instilled in the moderators at the time.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Some glorius soul on the TitanQuest.net forum made mention of it back in Closed Beta.
I've been here ever since.
A friend of mine from Drakensang Online told me about it. I gave PoE a shot since it sounded awesome by his description. Having a bad history of over-glorified games turning out to be crap, I didn't really have much hope.. but man, was I wrong. It was as good -if not better- as he told me it would be. I was pretty much hooked from the minute I started playing. :) Great game.
It's common sense.
I got a closed beta key from a friend, and no it wasn't Kripp. I didn't even know who Kripp was at that point lol.

Anyway, my friend told me this game will be better than D3 so I gave it a try, and although I have taken a few breaks from PoE I keep coming back.

Whether PoE is actually better than D3 I can't tell, because I never bought D3, and spent the money on supporting GGG instead. What I can tell is that once I got into PoE I had no desire to even try out D3, PoE is just that good to me.

I loved both Diablo I and II but PoE was the game that made me forget all about D3, enough said.
Last edited by Stefacle on Aug 11, 2014, 10:29:02 AM
I believe it was a ZiggyD stream over 2 years ago that I first heard of PoE and saw it's gameplay.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info