How did you discover Path of Exile

When Diablo 3 came out, I went ahead and picked it up immediately. At that time, I had my computer in the same room as my brothers.. And he was playing Path of Exile. I laughed at him a bit, said it looked like a bad ripoff, just pay $60 for Diablo 3, 'those graphics sux man'..

Yeah. I admit I was wrong.
Kripp
IGN: ExplicitSkill
A hardcore d2 friend of mine told me about the game when it was in closed beta. He had signed up a ton of forum accounts to have a better chance to get an invite. He got several, gave one to me and I played it a little bit but there wasnt much content at the time, and the little content that was there wasnt finished, but it was enough for me to see the great potential so I kept an eye on the game.

I remember having some issues with the game crashing on me in open beta causing me to lose a char or two to something completely out of my control (bug with split arrow + chain, was fixed in a patch) and it caused me to take a break. Then when I came back and started a new char someone hacked my account (and a lof of other accounts at the same time) even though I always have hard unique passwords and always cautious about what I do on my PC, they deleted my char and took my valuables. That caused me to take even another break, came back when they added the account security feature and have played since.

Wow, long story..
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
I honestly dont remember the exact story but like most here, i was playing D3 and got bored of it after a while and went looking for a new game.

Found the game, and been enjoying it ever since.
Steam: teemu92
TotalBiscuit's video on it. Good times.
probably saw someone talk about it on some forum, and I joined the forum cause I heard people that joined were more likely to be randomly chosen to get a beta key
In a van... Down by the river...
I think I was just craving a new ARPG and some kind soul posted PoE in a forum somewhere. That was in like 2010
Friends keeping buggin me to play the game while i was a hardcore bf3 player...gave it try and boom lost track of time =P

TotalBiscuit did a WTF is on PoE, and I bought into the beta shortly after.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info