How did you discover Path of Exile

Heard the word around since at least closed beta (perhaps earlier?). but didnt know how to get in nor had much time or wanted to play that badly before release (usually dont like to join games in development stage, was afraid I'd burn out).

Started with steam release.

Spoiler
I'm still sad that I never got a kiwi due to this, best pet!
Oblivious
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Torchlight 2 also has crappy summoning, but I stuck with it until I randomly discovered Path of Exile from a recommendation on youtube.

SynergyMod (One of the best TL2 mods out there) actually had a really good summoner class, though it was called Necromancer. When I mean summoner, I mean summoning an army of undead and other creatures at your bidding. There was this one monster you can summon that once you reach high level and specced into enough, the summoned monster can literally tank everything. Though, it is very OP in the beginning. When you got other summoning minions, the game becomes trivial to you. You literally spec into them along with getting gears that included "more minion damage" and "more minion speed" and even "more minion life," power creeping never tasted any bitter than that.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Torchlight 2 also has crappy summoning, but I stuck with it until I randomly discovered Path of Exile from a recommendation on youtube.

SynergyMod (One of the best TL2 mods out there) actually had a really good summoner class, though it was called Necromancer. When I mean summoner, I mean summoning an army of undead and other creatures at your bidding. There was this one monster you can summon that once you reach high level and specced into enough, the summoned monster can literally tank everything. Though, it is very OP in the beginning. When you got other summoning minions, the game becomes trivial to you. You literally spec into them along with getting gears that included "more minion damage" and "more minion speed" and even "more minion life," power creeping never tasted any bitter than that.

I kinda stopped playing it and moved to Path of Exile before modding became a thing, never heard nor experienced that mod.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
PoE trolls spamming D3 hate on the D3 forums.

So I just play both games equally. They scratch different itches. Also I can't get a solid connection to PoE for longer than about 10 minutes or I might log in more than once a month.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

I kinda stopped playing it and moved to Path of Exile before modding became a thing, never heard nor experienced that mod.

SynergyMod appear around December 2012, and literally became a popular mod in early 2013. It made TL2 even better, but at the same time power creeping much (probably more balanced now). You were already gone by then I think. I still continued playing TL2 because it was already a finished product, and PoE was still in Closed Beta, so I made sure to avoid playing PoE during that period of time to avoid burning myself from the game.

SynergyMods includes harder mobs, a new tier of mobs like Elite and Hero. More end-game options, more loots and etc. The mod also include classes like Necromancer (which I mentioned), Paladin, Warlock, Elementalist, Ranger, and Death Knight. It also includes all sorts of stuffs with crafting.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 10, 2014, 6:54:23 PM
Kripparian played it and i was bored with d3 so i watched his stream and asked for a closed beta key in chat (back then there actually was a "chat" and not just mindless spam) and a nice person sent me a key.
Total Biscuit did a video on it and it was right before a free weekend(Back when you had to pay to get into closed beta). I became Diamond shortly after.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I saw a Totalbiscuit video during CB and was hooked on POE before I even played it. When OB opened up I was ready to go and had already read up on some of the basic mechanics and systems. This didn't stop me from dying a bunch that 1st day :)
Kripp
#NeverGoing90
Was tired of D3 and a friend at work mentioned that PoE was a D2 clone and for $10, I thought I would give it a try. Shortly afterward got my Kiwi.

My only regret? Gave my extra keys to other friends that I thought would use them. They went COD instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info