How did you discover Path of Exile

A friend of mine who works in the industry told me a band of local lads (well kind of local) were working on an ARPG.I followed POEs progress for a long time and when I had a key started playing while waiting for Diablo 3 to release.

=)
kripp since closed beta
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG
The Ugly Truth
I was banned from D3 for botting, like some others here; i was playing too much D3, too many hours, i was deeply addicted to it, i was blinded by greed, i needed to play more of what i could; so i though, why not to try botting? so i will get banned and will be free from this evil game! After three months i was busted. No regrets at all.

Don't remember how it happend that i found these forums, during closed beta. I belive i was searching for some alternative to D3; i remember a review about it with a single screenshot of the act2 forest; with a witch casting something in it. The graphic looked interesting, but the tree was the real thing, a "never seen before" complexity. (after that i've been told that other games, like FF, had a similar skill tree; but meh, at my eyes it was freaking unique).
I paid 10€ to enter CB, fell in love instantly with the game mechanics and everything; it was like watching D2 made today.
When the game went to OB i invited 4 friends, couple of them are still palying, few others joined us later; some have left because the mechanics are too "nerdy" for their "dota/cs:go lifestyle", but we had incredibly long and funny sessions all togheter in a kitchen; the discovery of new features, of Kripp's twitch channel, the boss fights... we all were amazed. I still stand in awe for the magnitude of passion that GGG put into this project. Whenever a new league comes out im incredibly thrilled. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 20TH!!!!
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
A friend actually told me about Grim Dawn first and said he was looking forward to it. I soon looked Grim Dawn up and saw that it looked pretty decent, I then Googled more ARPGs being developed and stumbled on PoE and got into the closed beta. Been playing ever since.
No tears. Only dreams now.
Last edited by kmach1ne on Aug 10, 2014, 10:07:17 PM
I´ve read an online article about upcoming new hack&slays, PoE was mentioned there including a short video. It looked really interesting, so I donated some money to enter the closed beta (it was about a week before the open beta started).

So now here I am and still loving it! :-)
Große deutsche Community mit TS, Forum und Infos gesucht? -> http://www.exiled.eu/
Last edited by Cowboy28 on Aug 10, 2014, 10:36:46 PM
i searched "d3 similar games" in google
👱‍♀️ IGN: FamilyStrokes 💘
Mirror Shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2512292
Spoiler
How do i change my signature?
I was watching some videos of the Path of Exile beta from August 2011 by Force Starcraft Gaming. Re-watching those videos now. The game seems so very different.

I was interested in the game, but I never actually played it until the start of the Open Beta.
Last edited by Fatto on Aug 11, 2014, 1:00:46 AM
IIRC, CTRL+ALT+DEL linked back to PoE and the skill tree which got me interested.

I remember I was still on a pretty slow interwebs connection at the time, so I had to leave it downloading overnight. I had to set it off twice more after it crapped out a couple of times though.
from Force Strategy Gamings youtube back in 2011, signed up for the beta and less than a month later got an invite and ive been playing ever since with short breaks of course.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info