How did you discover Path of Exile

I discovered it early 2013 while watching Kripp's channel. He mentioned it was a sick game. I was like, hmmm, Kripp likes it, I better give it a try.

Fast forward to now, I'm still here and close to 500$ in donations. ;p
Old buddy I played D2 with for years told me about it when it was in closed beta. Followed it throughout then on and off, wanted to wait til OB because of char wipe. :)
watch Krip play it while d3 just came out
I was playing d3 at the time, and i was reading on the d3 forums. Some guy was bitching about how bad D3 was and I was thinking to myself "wow another complaining thread" but upon reading it he said POE was better and free on steam.

So I loaded up steam and figured I may as well try it. I tried it and i was immediately overwhelmed and impressed by the passive tree and skill gem system.

I talked a few friends into trying (easy to do when the game is free) and boom we are all thinking "why did we pay money for D3?"
I dont see any any key!
I google from time to time for new ARPGs. At one point I discovered PoE, don't know exactly what I doscovered though.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
From a friend in 2011, playin since cb
Senpai Kripp
GOG forums, someone was giving out a couple of beta keys there, I didn't get one but it got me to check it out.
POE was mentioned in a Roosterteeth video a while back. I think two people in the office said it was the best new game that year. I'd heard of POE before, but that's what motivated me to actually check it out.

Related info: new season of RWBY just started.
A heated debate on the d3 forums that was deleted soon after :-D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info