How did you discover Path of Exile

I found out about Path of Exile while watching ForceSC2Strategy's YouTube coverage of the pre-release development of Diablo 3, about which I was very excited. As time wore on, Force's coverage revealed that Blizzivision's original plans for the game were, in fact, not very stable. What had a year or more previously appeared to be the game for which I (among others) had waited for a decade or so was being pared down and changed into something which, without the Diablo name, wouldn't interest me, at all. Even with that name, I eventually made the informed decision not to play the game, at all. Meanwhile, however, Force (and Lumin, of TalesofLumin) also did some early Beta coverage of PoE, and I was hooked as soon as I saw it. Funny thing is, I originally had no intention of participating in the Closed Beta. I was planning to wait until Open Beta (of course, this was also back when we all expected OB to be sometime around January or February of the following year).

Joined PoE Forum: September 20, 2011

I gave away the first Beta key I was offered, and declined an offer of another key the next day (October 25 and 26, 2011).

But the Timer isn't so easily refused.

Selected by Beta timer: October 31, 2011

Received first friend key: November 3, 2011

Bought a Silver Supporter pack April 4, 2012 (bought another one for teh missus' account a little later on, and another Bronze pack for my account, and gave away all the keys that came with them). Have bought more'n a few additional Supporter packs through Closed and Open Betas, as well as since Release.

Received an invitation to participate in the Alpha realm July 1, 2012. Was kicked from Alpha (along with most everybody else) some time later. Have not been invited back.

Received and accepted an invitation to become a forum Moderator August 1, 2012. Was invited not to be a Mod (along with everybody else) some time later.

True story! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
a friend told me and i was waiting for 3 month to get a key but nothing.Saw a guy on twitch with 7 viewers giving away free keys so i made 8 twitch accounts,got the key and boom
a friend told me and i was waiting for 3 month to get a key but nothing.Saw a guy on twitch with 7 viewers giving away free keys so i made 8 twitch accounts,got the key and boom
kickstarter was watching projects every month
top kek
After 2 months of diablo 3 I was looking for a game which was more similar to diablo 2 (cause Diablo 3 was not) and I have found path of exile later then in a diablo 3 forum. People were complaining about diablo 3 and some people suggested to try path of exile, and here I am :D
Last edited by Afura on Aug 11, 2014, 12:24:13 PM
When I afked from d3, I kept trying to find a real d2 like game, and played d2 for about 2 months.
One day, I found an introduce of POE in a forum(only a few words, maybe 20 words, about the gems link, orbs and art style), but it didn't mention the game's name. I know, that must be the game I am looking for. Then I searched for 2 days to find out its name. I found it's a NZ game which i must use VPN to play in my country.
Very lucky, because there is not much info about this game in my country.
Last edited by fasknifer on Aug 11, 2014, 12:30:25 PM
Found out about it here back in 2010: http://diablo.incgamers.com/ old d2 trade forum from back in the days, was following the D3 news and found this gem pop up, havent left it since! :P
Last edited by Jurge on Aug 11, 2014, 1:57:06 PM
Vaguely heard about it on the internet. And today is the 3rd year mark since I registered my account. And after about a week, maybe 2, of stalking the forums I managed to grab a beta key. Best discovery of my life.

Also, "played before Kripp"; hipster mode off.
"
HeyguyshowsitgoingKripparianhere
"just for try, for see and for know"
In the comment section of a D3 FB post :)

It was the summer of our discontent, but then there was closed beta and key giveaways!
"When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info