Drop rate problem (of the good stuff)

Seven of your ten pieces of gear can get another mod on them using crafters. You should be able to improve yourself quite a bit by getting 7 additional mods of your own choosing.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Go play Diablo 3, they buff the drop rates by 100% every other week. If you think Diablo 3 is too much what is the "right amount then". It varies from person to person and people will still complain they aren't "getting items they want."

This might be unbelievable but most of the time nobody gets rich leveling a character at all, unless your actually grinding at least level 75+ you are not making at amount of money or going to be finding items.

It literally takes like 3 days in standard to hit 75.

This is probably the last answer I give because I wanted to give my opinion to the developers, either they read it and take it into account or they don't.

No, I won't go play Diablo 3. They messed up a game that was already bad to start with. I am still very angry at them for messing up the game we were millions to wait for.

They increased the drop rate so much you have a legendary every 5 minutes. Even better; they made it so that the items dropped are actually adapted to your character. When you drop a 2 handed sword with a necro, it will have specs made for necro. How great is that? Now a 2 handed sword is used by a necro to increase the release of frogs he sends at enemies...

Not mentioning it cancels the idea of a unique legendary because it makes its characteristics vary according to the type of character that dropped it.

Cherry on the cake, you can't even keep it to share it with a friend or exchange it when he comes online as they are account bound.

It makes me SO mad how they completely ruined the game. What is beyond me is that they had a perfect example to start from with D2 (Runes, trades, set items, rune words, upgradable legendary items by upgrading it's base with the cube) and they threw all of that away for... well I don't what for.

It's like they woke up one morning and thought "hey, we made a great game, but let's not get anything out of it and try something completely different just for fun". The ONLY thing they had to do was make a diablo 2 with upgraded graphics in a darker world comparable to the first one (the only thing missing in Diablo 2) and that was it, but NO, let's make a warcraft comparable diablo with childish graphics and the stupidest drop system ever.

It's the worst thing that happened to me since Zidane's headbutt in 2006 and the death of Heath Ledger.

Anyway no, I'm not asking for a drop-rain of legendaries, no. I'm asking for the game to reward a little more hacking and slashing by releasing a little more items so you don't have to rely so heavily on trade.

Thanks a lot to everyone for participating in this thread. I will pray all the gods to be heard from GGG. I will definitely try to get all my friends back with me for the upcoming upgrade and hope it will feel so great we can actually stay on the game and play it all together every week end.
Last edited by Dahita on Aug 8, 2014, 2:06:24 PM
"
Dahita wrote:

This is probably the last answer I give because I wanted to give my opinion to the developers, either they read it and take it into account or they don't.

No, I won't go play Diablo 3. They messed up a game that was already bad to start with. I am still very angry at them for messing up the game we were millions to wait for.

They increased the drop rate so much you have a legendary every 5 minutes. Even better; they made it so that the items dropped are actually adapted to your character. When you drop a 2 handed sword with a necro, it will have specs made for necro. How great is that? Now a 2 handed sword is used by a necro to increase the release of frogs he sends at enemies...

Not mentioning it cancels the idea of a unique legendary because it makes its characteristics vary according to the type of character that dropped it.

Cherry on the cake, you can't even keep it to share it with a friend or exchange it when he comes online as they are account bound.

It makes me SO mad how they completely ruined the game. What is beyond me is that they had a perfect example to start from with D2 (Runes, trades, set items, rune words, upgradable legendary items by upgrading it's base with the cube) and they threw all of that away for... well I don't what for.

It's like they woke up one morning and thought "hey, we made a great game, but let's not get anything out of it and try something completely different just for fun". The ONLY thing they had to do was make a diablo 2 with upgraded graphics in a darker world comparable to the first one (the only thing missing in Diablo 2) and that was it, but NO, let's make a warcraft comparable diablo with childish graphics and the stupidest drop system ever.

It's the worst thing that happened to me since Zidane's headbutt in 2006 and the death of Heath Ledger.

Anyway no, I'm not asking for a drop-rain of legendaries, no. I'm asking for the game to reward a little more hacking and slashing by releasing a little more items so you don't have to rely so heavily on trade.

Thanks a lot to everyone for participating in this thread. I will pray all the gods to be heard from GGG. I will definitely try to get all my friends back with me for the upcoming upgrade and hope it will feel so great we can actually stay on the game and play it all together every week end.

90% of people that made D2 and D1 left and did not work on D3. Thats the main reason why d3 turned out what it is, different people with different ideas worked on that game.

Anyway keep posting feedback and suggestions after playing the new expansion. Because if we dont, nothing will ever change.
"
Dahita wrote:
Hello,

I would like to mention this problem because this is why my friends and I don't play this wonderful game anymore. The drop rate is too low in this game and it's discouraging.

We're a bunch of 30 year old friends, coming from Diablo 1 and 2 (and 3 for some of us) and all the older h&s type games. When playing path of exile, something is always bothering us to the point we stop playing; we can't seem to drop good items. For exemple:

- Rare, unique and legendary monsters (or blue, yellow and orange, whatever you call them) very rarely drop good items. More importantly legendary monsters don't even automatically drop at least a yellow item (or anything good). Therefore, you can play a whole map, come up against a unique / legendary bosses and still get absolutely nothing. When you spend 4 hours on a friday night playing with your friends and you get absolutely NO good drop, it doesn't make you want to keep playing.

- MF maps don't even drop good items. We had 2 chest maps of around +1900% MF chance, we did them both all together: NOTHING good. Absolutely nothing. Not a good artefact, gem or crafting material, 0, nada, zip. How can this be?

I used to play Diablo 2 for like 5 or 6 years and I have never felt such a difficulty to progress in the game. Trade was a little easier (I didn't have to trade 5 different types of item to finally get what I needed, hurray runes...), items were definitly easier to find and it felt great to play it over and over again.

Right now when I play POE I feel like I need to farm the docks forever in the hope that beside my level increase something is going to drop so I can actually do dmg and move on. Since it never happens, all I do is playing the same maps and getting bored. These are the reasons why we stopped playing.

I am writing this in the hope that you will finally chnage this situation. I really like this game but we can't play it for the sake of killing monsters. While I am really not asking you to change it to a Diablo 3 where legendaries now drop every 5 minutes, I am asking you to balance it a little better. Creating different maps and leagues is one thing, as long as we can't get good items out of it, it doesn't really matter. Please help us come back to your game, thanks.

This is a grind game. You need to farm.
Your max char lvl is 68, it means you didnt ever farm anything.
IGN TylordRampage
If you increase drop rates ppl will enjoy the game more for a very short time. Then everyone (majority) will have the best or close gear and the game becomes boring. Like d3 was (or is, idk). If you think drop rates are low, you farm too slow. You need a good build, you can't just "make something", plan your builds to be effective. Count in auras and gear not just passives. Use poeplanner. Be creative.

Only thing I don't like which I mentioned multiple times is that mobs die too fast. THEY NEED MORE HEALTH (not damage). Crit builds and culling will profit from this, as you won't do that much overkill damage (useless) and culling will have more meaning. Why do you even want to cull when things melt? alone or in a party, doesn't matter.
Hey Fox and Malone,

you didn't even bother reading the post. Why don't you just start your own thread instead?
Hey again, first off let me start by saying I love your game and I love the expansion. It's such a pleasure to see the work you've done on the skills graphics (reave is beautiful), the mobs, the new tree which is AMAZING, etc. Thank you.

Alright, so here is the feedback after playing what, 3 days?

I have a lvl 35 Crit viper strike and a lvl 19 crit storm call (hehe I hope these are viable, I love them alrdy).

Dropped: 3 fuses, 3 chaos, 3 jewellers.

LEGENDARY ITEMS DROPPED: ONE.

I just dropped it now, at level 35, and it's a horrible little hatchet for a lvl 6.

As soon as it happened I thought about coming here. I am SO scared that it's gonna be like before, which is not rewarding enough or just disappointing drops that makes you feel bad and stop playing. Why can't I drop a legendary of MY LEVEL or around, even if it wouldn't fit my character, just not something shitty and just one in 3 days.

I really, really hope you hear me on this, I don't want to stop playing your game, I love it so much :/

Thanks for reading
"
Dahita wrote:
Hey again, first off let me start by saying I love your game and I love the expansion. It's such a pleasure to see the work you've done on the skills graphics (reave is beautiful), the mobs, the new tree which is AMAZING, etc. Thank you.

Alright, so here is the feedback after playing what, 3 days?

I have a lvl 35 Crit viper strike and a lvl 19 crit storm call (hehe I hope these are viable, I love them alrdy).

Dropped: 3 fuses, 3 chaos, 3 jewellers.

LEGENDARY ITEMS DROPPED: ONE.

I just dropped it now, at level 35, and it's a horrible little hatchet for a lvl 6.

As soon as it happened I thought about coming here. I am SO scared that it's gonna be like before, which is not rewarding enough or just disappointing drops that makes you feel bad and stop playing. Why can't I drop a legendary of MY LEVEL or around, even if it wouldn't fit my character, just not something shitty and just one in 3 days.

I really, really hope you hear me on this, I don't want to stop playing your game, I love it so much :/

Thanks for reading

PoE is luckily not like diablo 3 and all about unique items only. Alot of good stuff actually drops (I don't mean uniques here) when you play the higher level maps. To increase droprates further would be quite disgusting combined with the new & cheap master crafting. Drop quality of rare item has been already increased.
Did you read what I wrote before posting your preformatted answer?
Hey Mark, I hope so, even though it still does not address that legendary problem.

Alright, little feedback on where I'm at so far.

Now level 43 (I play alone usually, doesn't go as fast as parties). I have this feeling the yellow dropped are of much better quality than before, is it just me? Weapons are GOOD (elemental dmg, LL, attack speed), Gear are coherent (elemental protection, +life and + mana) and it really feels much more adapted to the level you're playing at.

Maybe I got lucky but I totally rushed through the first levels of Cruel as my character was extremely powerful, which feels great. I hope it will fill the gap I felt from the past versions when hitting lvl 60 through 70 which was really difficult.

Loving the new master thing, I keep investigating on this. Also the boxes drop a LOT more good stuff, especially skills, it makes the game so much smoother to be able to find these gems quickly.

I already bought a new weapon effect as a result, loving my assassin. Thanks so much for this great game!

Still sad that at level 43 and 18 combined I have dropped only a single very crappy lvl 6 legendary though. 3 or 4 honest ones wouldn't feel unbalanced...

Edit: Oh yeah one last thing: like before, they is a HUGE predominance of bow dropped compared to other weapons. I play with daggers and I must have dropped like 5 yellow of them compared to around 20 bows already. Dropped only one regular sword and maybe 2 wands. Seems very unbalanced
Last edited by Dahita on Aug 24, 2014, 2:38:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info