Drop rate problem (of the good stuff)

If its not fun, don´t play it.
Problem solved.
Its easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Dahita wrote:
Hey Mark, I hope so, even though it still does not address that legendary problem.

Alright, little feedback on where I'm at so far.

Now level 43 (I play alone usually, doesn't go as fast as parties). I have this feeling the yellow dropped are of much better quality than before, is it just me? Weapons are GOOD (elemental dmg, LL, attack speed), Gear are coherent (elemental protection, +life and + mana) and it really feels much more adapted to the level you're playing at.

Maybe I got lucky but I totally rushed through the first levels of Cruel as my character was extremely powerful, which feels great. I hope it will fill the gap I felt from the past versions when hitting lvl 60 through 70 which was really difficult.

Loving the new master thing, I keep investigating on this. Also the boxes drop a LOT more good stuff, especially skills, it makes the game so much smoother to be able to find these gems quickly.

I already bought a new weapon effect as a result, loving my assassin. Thanks so much for this great game!

Still sad that at level 43 and 18 combined I have dropped only a single very crappy lvl 6 legendary though. 3 or 4 honest ones wouldn't feel unbalanced...

Edit: Oh yeah one last thing: like before, they is a HUGE predominance of bow dropped compared to other weapons. I play with daggers and I must have dropped like 5 yellow of them compared to around 20 bows already. Dropped only one regular sword and maybe 2 wands. Seems very unbalanced

The game is not meant to make you overpowered at every little piece of the way on leveling up to 70 ("it feels so great"). Also your thinking about unique items is clearly adapted from diablo 3.

Your detailed feedback is worthless as you seem to not understand what RNG is: Sometimes you find items for your char while leveling that make you op and sometimes not and then you have to find other solutions and ways to improve your char (e.g. running ledge 10-20 times with mf before going on, trading some cheap items that benefit you, alteration crafting, etc.). What you want is smth like fixed progress that is kinda the same (or very equal) for everyone at anytime you play the game.

Seriously go play diablo 3. There you get your "legendary" every 5 minutes from what I heared and you really have to think and do nothing but grinding character levels. Path of exile at least requires little thinking how to fill gaps in your gear and that stuff. As you obviously cannot enjoy this very little effort of finding solutions and filling gaps every here and then and instead want auto gear progression every 5 levels on all slots, you are obvisouly someone that I would call a noob.

The drops in path of exile are really decent enough and in no way even more unique item drops or better rare drops than now are required or beneficial for the game. Otherwise the challenge to get good gear for your char will get completely boring and the core players will leave the game for the sake of diablo 3 players like you.

p.s: The only problem path of exile still has is the too high efficiency of magic find for drops. If they somehow could fix this for all leagues, it would greatly benefit the game. I know that probably all long term players agree here. It is just boring to make a pure magic find character and grind always the same spots instead of being able to make powerful charackter and find items while leveling it up and making it stronger. This is an endgame porblem tho (level 80+) and nothing to worry about at level 35. If you find an item with a bit of rarity or quantity on it and it suits your build half the way, just wear it while leveling up and you wont even feel much of a difference (in terms of becoming weaker due to wearing magic find).
Last edited by LSN on Aug 24, 2014, 7:10:16 AM
self found league is what we need :)
Hey there, little feedback again today.

I'm not going to get into these "You like Diablo 3 style" comments (I haven't even bought the extension), some don't get there is a middle between ridiculous amount of legendaries and nothing, what can I say.

Anyway today 2 uniques, was pretty amazed: the lowest wand ever (no level required), unusable, and a flask, in the purest POE form: it gives you life but it kills you at the same time... Still the same scenario, some might wonder why you can't drop even half your level legendaries, anything that you can use beyond the first 5 levels of a new character. At this point I'd be more interested by a lowered drop rate for better items because it's such a disappointment. I know legendaries are not the point of the game but why making them then?

Other than that you still can't move your equipment when selling things; very annoying and very easy to fix. when you find new stuff, you go to the seller, identify all but you can't switch "on the fly" while selling. Little thing but would be very sweet.

Finally, found a good base yellow dagger but not good enough on characteristics; used 3 chaos to no avail when I know I can buy an great one for this price. It still feels a bit unbalanced that crafting is not worth compared to trading. I refuse to get into Path of Trading yet, not at lvl 45... I hope it doesn't take craft masters level 9 to make it better.

I still like to remind developers that I love this game, I'm just trying to help improving it.
Last edited by Dahita on Aug 28, 2014, 1:00:36 AM
Hey again,

Thought I would leave a little feedback today.

I am pretty upset as I can see nothing has changed really much on the drop / trade side of POE. I am now level 58 on my highest new character, after 49 hours on the game. 49 hours in 1,5 week, that's almost 5 hours a day. Yet I'm stuck.

After rushing easily through half of Cruel difficulty, it became all of a sudden really hard. This felt still pretty good as I like to fight for it, but I have been fighting really hard since then and it gets pretty aggravating for this reason: I've got my last good weapon back in act 1 of cruel. I'm now act 3 of MERCILESS. ALL THIS TIME I've had the same weapon, and roughly the same equipment (same rings -from normal!-, same necklace, same gloves and barely better armor gears...).

It all goes back to the same story all over gain: either I go trading (which I don't really enjoy), or I waste all my currency on a weapon that will never pan out the way I want (just getting 3 links in correct colors is already a challenge that can take days...). Better yet: I have been level 58 for the last 2 chapters... died plenty, since no gears to up my res, therefore stuck at the same level.

Anyways I would bite it and keep on rolling if it weren't for bosses not dropping one good thing after battling for 10 minutes. I am right now in front of a gigantic stone colossus (legendary one) that took me forever to beat. As for most of them, I got, in exchange for my hard battle, one BLUE weapon and (let me count...) 7 WHITE USELESS ITEMS. 7. NOT ONE YELLOW, even horrible, just zip, nada, zero.

WHY?

How on earth can a big boss not drop ONE little special item compared to a simple regular mob? Do you know how often this happens in game? almost all the time. To the point some hard bosses are left on the side, they are not worth trying anyway.

PLEASE HEAR ME! The only way out of this is through trade and this SHOULDN'T BE the point of the game! The point should be hacking and slashing! As usual I'm not asking for a shower of good stuff, just not NOTHING when you die twice and spend 10 minutes on a legendary boss that doesn't yield any reward!

On the side, please change the merchant issue where you can't equip items while selling, and the box name that hides mobs when your UI is set on always highlight.

THANK YOU
Why are you wearing the same necklace from normal? Use some transmutes and alts. Depending on your weapon, a simple vendor recipe could be an upgrade at this point.
I'm trying to use the masters (god it's such a good improvement) but they are not high enough for me to change them radically so far, let's be patient...

It's the same necklace because it's pretty good and nothing topped it so far :/ I'm just mad I can spend 10 mins on a crazy fight to get nothing out of it but a loss of experience :)
If it makes you feel any better, I've been using the same amulet for a very long time too and I'm 73 now. I just haven't found anything better yet (partly because I'm really deficient in Dex for my green gems. I'm again at a point where I need more Dex to level my LMP again.

Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I stopped caring for finding good uniques when i see my friends chest full of unique (for +5000 exa); he has been obtained by fraud all he got and when i buy a shav for 20c.

RNG is RNG, dont waste your time for justice. U're not Tyrael.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Necrobump rng is trash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info