Esajoram's Dual Shockwave totems guide

"
swarmofseals wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but I figured this would likely get lost in the long previous post:

Is Doon even best in slot now? I know plenty of people are saying that it is, but based on the new tree and the current gear being worn by the OP you'd have 475 strength, which is only a ~60% damage boost. A truly elite wand can have over 110% spell damage and an extra 7%ish cast speed. Getting like 60-100% spell damage is pretty easy. Granted your EK trap would do a lot less damage. Not having played the build, I don't know what percent of your damage is done by the EK trap setup.

Losing Doon would also allow you to change up other pieces of gear, although I'm not entirely sure that you'd want to.

I havent had proper time to think about the best gear as much as I would've wanted and i'll certainly test a few things when patch is out

However one thing that comes to mind is now that spell damage is viable iron will gem is also viable which means we could utilize both str based bonuses on this build (im thinking about dual wielding doons as well) --> maybe little more emphasize on strength on gear as well compared to previous build

at least on paper that looks good but I agree without iron will the spell damage / cast wands also look pretty damn good

"

Also looking for HC viable version of this tree. I got something in mind but with today's patch notes (counting as spell) I not sure how to build a HC viable version of this build.

Also got doubt about herald of ice, will it work with build and will stack with hatred. If so we can take both and some aura nodes to make it viable.

the build is definitely HC viable, in fact I never died playing shockwave totems twice to lvl 93 in hardcore leagues. I mainly had IR in previous builds since I sometimes teamed up with people who had grace and its just comfy but I dont think its a prequisite for the build in any way. You just have to play a little smart, utilize granite flask and endurance charges (and get some armor on the pieces of gear that can have it) and its gonna be fine.

any sketchy rooms / maps you would just cast the totems to the edge of the screen and keep yourself out of harms way. The totems will take almost all the heat as long as you dont play urself to a position where you havent casted them and get slammed by something :)

"
I'm wondering if I should grab all the area nodes and just use conc effect + aoe.

What I can say is I generally tell people not to do that but then again you guys should test and see what you like best. The reasons why not to would be its more manaheavy than culling and you have to compensate for aoe with the nodes, its a good dps bonus though. Personally I like the gems without drawbacks better.
Last edited by Valuutta on Aug 20, 2014, 10:30:14 AM
Esajoram/10
n00b/10
Leg in Town/10

mass cudos #1 theorycrafter :-D

I might have to copy pasta your build bro, already knew it was killer but with the buff your build will be insane haha.

Hopefully we will have some time to play together inbetween work and all? :-D

"
SpAz_ wrote:
Esajoram/10
n00b/10
Leg in Town/10

mass cudos #1 theorycrafter :-D

I might have to copy pasta your build bro, already knew it was killer but with the buff your build will be insane haha.

Hopefully we will have some time to play together inbetween work and all? :-D

Spaz Kreygasm
What level do you try to pickup ancestral bond, and which bandit rewards do you take?
@ Valuutta what do you think of this little change of your build ?`

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQ6QIHpY-m_rMC40SrVytJslWuvYIsnG0Zl_QI9FJTwFQ9X2pDvOprF5UgwfOCHqKj2wt_xhzcJ6kvnZMnLUcW8--ItAxQQiY8-TfqukZxjDbXzw18gwlzs1VLSbFXyfBrYeIo-hXnJpXr7oLHFr-a4LiT1YH56A-raoxFnaeUhW1Bh21s9W9TUl5d0f0k2Lc-tUjIFP4Kxq6i2fJF2L0QzDwtsNg64f6HxPZM_6ZXeyAn7a9sMZ74k_xLrKrFimwWWfPwH4cZKhMEs6IAWivDExRNAnEsp4M4o_KdgO98YG0=

More Life more Phys, less Energy shield little less amor
Last edited by Nudelstrudel on Aug 20, 2014, 11:47:53 AM
"
Nudelstrudel wrote:
@ Valuutta what do you think of this little change of your build ?`

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQ6QIHpY-m_rMC40SrVytJslWuvYIsnG0Zl_QI9FJTwFQ9X2pDvOprF5UgwfOCHqKj2wt_xhzcJ6kvnZMnLUcW8--ItAxQQiY8-TfqukZxjDbXzw18gwlzs1VLSbFXyfBrYeIo-hXnJpXr7oLHFr-a4LiT1YH56A-raoxFnaeUhW1Bh21s9W9TUl5d0f0k2Lc-tUjIFP4Kxq6i2fJF2L0QzDwtsNg64f6HxPZM_6ZXeyAn7a9sMZ74k_xLrKrFimwWWfPwH4cZKhMEs6IAWivDExRNAnEsp4M4o_KdgO98YG0=

More Life more Phys, less Energy shield little less amor

Imo dont take the scion phys node but the lower route to ancestral bond is totally fine, overall that build is really solid though
e: or with 2nd thought even the scion phys node is fine, its really good version too

"

What level do you try to pickup ancestral bond, and which bandit rewards do you take?

I took all oak rewards in 1MHC and i got dual totems in merc a1 dont remember exactly which level :)
Last edited by Valuutta on Aug 20, 2014, 12:00:55 PM
why do u update that skilltree with the old tree? I dont get that tbh.
"
Hydrokugal wrote:
why do u update that skilltree with the old tree? I dont get that tbh.

I dont update the old tree, you should take the link which is at the bottom of the first post and copy it to your poe offline skill tree calculator

"
Ah damn. thank you for that information lol. Got it now. 1 more question bout the build progression while leveling. can you give any tips on where to advance first? second Totem seems to make sense but theres so many damage/life nodes to get on the way to there.

Thanks, and nice Build!

Pretty much choose any spell you like and advance from the witch towards templar taking the nodes that are on the build on the way except EB, shadow area and harrier nodes

(if you choose EK save the AOE nodes for last and get some of the phys instead)

I suggest changing to shockwaves totems at 45-65 depending how badly you want to rush it :)

E: When changing to dual totem everyone should have ancestral bond and the lower totem cluster, both AOE node areas and EB / manaregen nodes for AA & comfortable totem casting. All the dps nodes are just clearspeed but not must haves
Last edited by Valuutta on Aug 20, 2014, 12:40:02 PM
Ah damn. thank you for that information lol. Got it now. 1 more question bout the build progression while leveling. can you give any tips on where to advance first? second Totem seems to make sense but theres so many damage/life nodes to get on the way to there.

Thanks, and nice Build!
Very much like this build however when looking at your 1.2 tree you take only 137% max life.
Seems abit low? Shouldent you go for like 150-170% when doing HC?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info