Esajoram's Dual Shockwave totems guide

i test now for a while this totems and saw that added chaos damage is also good gem. What do you think abou gems like this or add lightning damage?
I'm wondering if I should grab all the area nodes and just use conc effect + aoe.
well i WAS super excited about my own brew, but the patch notes make me want to try this out too!

I like the tree you posted although I might consider sacrificing some damage for more life for HC.

The tree is very spread out though, so I'm wondering how you would suggest progressing the build, particularly for a HC character?

The left side of witch is a lot of damage but goes nowhere and has no survivability, so i'm guessing you grab that later on and start on the right side of witch.

The branch down the shadow side has a lot of damage too and a little health.

If you beeline straight for the templar side you spend a lot of your earlyish points traveling.

How would you approach leveling, and when do you suggest picking up Ancestral Bond?
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Also looking for HC viable version of this tree. I got something in mind but with today's patch notes (counting as spell) I not sure how to build a HC viable version of this build.

Also got doubt about herald of ice, will it work with build and will stack with hatred. If so we can take both and some aura nodes to make it viable.
Last edited by xdeathcr on Aug 19, 2014, 5:26:59 PM
The build should be HC viable at least in theory. The original version was in the 1MHC, and I see no reason why the new tree should impair that. It's a bit harder to stack life now, granted.

That said, there are a LOT of survivability options within reach:

4 points: Blood Drinker cluster for 20% life and 10 dex
4 points: Hired Killer cluster for 16% life and 10 dex
Up to 6 points: Life wheel for 5-30% life, also opens up Path of the Warrior
5 points: Written in Blood cluster for 20% life, 28% ES, 10 int and 10 str
6 points: Cruel Preparation cluster for 5% aoe size, 20% life, 20 int, 5% resist all
5 points: Barbarism cluster for 20% life, 8% fire res, 1% max fire res, 20 str

3 points: Plated Defenses cluster for 8% block and +50% shield armor
4 points (IF we get Blood Drinker cluster): Deflection cluster for 8% block, 20% shield defenses, and 10 dex
6 points: Mind barrier cluster for 2% block, 10% spellblock, 30% shield ES, 4% increased AOE, and 10 int
5 points: Spiritual Guardian cluster for 8% block, +50% ES from shield, 10 dex, 10 int (can also enable a different entrance into the templar area)
7 points: Sanctuary cluster for 10% block, 22% all resists, and 20 int

The following non-survivability nodes are on the edge of the tree and can be trimmed:

3 points: Nimbleness cluster - 12% cast speed
3 points: Shadow starting cast speed - 12% cast speed
3 points: Mental rapidity cluster - 12% cast speed
5 points: Shadow starting area damage - 57% physical damage and 12 life
3 points: Quickness - 20% damage, 5% movespeed, 30 dex NOTE: can't get blood drinker/deflection if you remove this
1 point: Coordination (only if removing quickness and Shadow starting damage) - 6% cast speed, 20 dex
4 points: Totemic Mastery Cluster: 38% totem damage and 24% totem life (NOTE: Removing this has interesting implications for overall tree construction and could lead to a lot of saved travel nodes, but would also require significant remapping of the build)
3 points: Shamanistic Fury: -24% totem damage and 6% totem cast speed
2 points: Harrier: -6% move and cast speed, 10 dex
Up to 9 points: left side of witch starting area. 3 points for 12% cast speed, 3 points for 30% spell damage, etc.
3 points: Blast Radius: -16% area of effect, 12% area damage
Up to 4 points: Prestidigitation/amplify area: -12% area of effect, 8% area damage, 10 int, 6% cast speed, 7% mana cost, 20% mana regen, 10 int

Most of these are obviously areas that we want to keep. I'm just trying to be exhaustive in listing the options.

The single largest way to save points en masse would be to save 13 points by cutting everything below Melding on the left side and Mental Rapidity on the right side and enter the Templar area from the top. This is costly though: we lose Harrier, Foresight, Shaper, Constitution and Totemic Mastery.

That would look like this: https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQ6QKPpv6zRKtXK1WuvYIsnG0Zl_QI9FJTwFQ9X2pDvOprF5UgwfOCHqKj2wt_xhzcJ6kvnZMnLUcW8--IUEImPPk3jDbXz3OzVUtJsfBrYeIV5yaV6-4Wv5rguJPVgWqMRZ2nlIVt9W9TUl5d0f0k2MgUotmw2MWK8B98uwSzogA62BRNAnFN2Ow4LdKDOIx2GjidgO98p4RgbZBVwBpZ8yoTWivDEyyno_IPq21stUhJsgLjB6V8g836ES1FRzLRtQRdxt3z

It's probably not worth it.

You can also save 18 points by cutting the entire Shadow area, but that's probably even less worth doing.
IGNs

Last edited by swarmofseals on Aug 19, 2014, 6:11:17 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I figured this would likely get lost in the long previous post:

Is Doon even best in slot now? I know plenty of people are saying that it is, but based on the new tree and the current gear being worn by the OP you'd have 475 strength, which is only a ~60% damage boost. A truly elite wand can have over 110% spell damage and an extra 7%ish cast speed. Getting like 60-100% spell damage is pretty easy. Granted your EK trap would do a lot less damage. Not having played the build, I don't know what percent of your damage is done by the EK trap setup.

Losing Doon would also allow you to change up other pieces of gear, although I'm not entirely sure that you'd want to.
IGNs

they have change the buff from 50% to 15%.
"

tbh 50% was a bit much
Last edited by jawnwest on Aug 19, 2014, 9:28:16 PM
"
"

tbh 50% was a bit much

spell dmg mods still apply and everyone is already hopping on the bandwagon anyway.
"
"
"

tbh 50% was a bit much

spell dmg mods still apply and everyone is already hopping on the bandwagon anyway.

I'm glad they kept the spell dmg mods as that is much more important change to this skill anyway

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info