Esajoram's Dual Shockwave totems guide

Alright I just swapped the new tree and added random rathpit shield, dps went to 11k with hatred and 13k with atziri flask (basicly doubled compared to old). Gear is otherwise the same stuff that my 1MHC char was wearing

I no longer run discipline (just hatred and clarity) and its enough to run lvl 20 AA so basicly theres no other fitting needed to play

i'm level 56 with this build and my thoughts:

the herald buffs are effective for the mana cost (both affect shockwave totem) and should be run until you're ready to think about an aura setup. afaik there's no reason to level herald of ash since only attacks will proc the overkill ignite and you won't be doing much overkill anyway

i ran flameblast while leveling and picked up the shadow nodes first, then respecced all the way back to Coordination and got ancestral bond once i was close enough to. i was lucky enough to get geofri's crest and cloak of defiance so i don't feel like i'm wanting for hp right now.

bosses can be a bit of a grind but using smart positioning of the totems to keep them pingponging or knocked into a wall at least makes them safe. i've got EK w/ trap, point blank, and phys projectile because quite frankly i don't know what i should be using as a main trap and it feels very weak. i'd love recommendations on what i should be using as a filler spell--not that it's entirely necessary right now with the amount of pain the totems dish.

To those leveling this build in the Beyond league -- I STRONGLY suggest picking up the two 16% spell damage nodes on the left side of witch early on.... maybe more. It will substantially help your clear speed. The portal monsters are very tanky, so having some extra DPS to burn them down will really help.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Current progress with this build.

Level 75, able to farm Piety and Dominus pretty easy. Haven't tried much mapping as I just now finished capping resists, but the few 66/67 maps I've done were extremely easy.

All master missions are pretty easy.

I went straight for dual totems, meaning I took a short cut that I then later specced out of, into the build linked on page 5. I kind of regretted that. Ethereal knives was so good for leveling that I could easily have gone to level 50 or 60 before switching to totems.

My only complaint right now is that the damage is a bit lower than I had hoped at this point. But I expect that will change if I get my hands on a Carcass Jack, a better weapon and some more damage passives. Next 3 levels will give me 32% physical damage.

My gear, for reference

Spoiler

Can some1 post a updated 1.2 Version? The skill tree doesnt load for me
Lvl 68 and im having a ton of fun so far!

My gear atm:

Skill tree so far:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAj6aCEN-wVa5Eqyyc_rPpAt-KVyu9gm0ZakPAVAj0PV9SU5f0vOprF9sLgh7B85Ugfll_xqKjJjwW8y-djDZQQi1HHNxVSyaVYeIWv8gU9W9qjKLZsNiDCUZxtAyTJ1fJDXzquij6-eiCx7c-QYemVzrh8kX-Cjwtxq7Fiq9sTP_wH6IAFE2DOO98YG2dgE3YOth8u4x2kFWnhBo47Dij8iynWisqE1nzwBrYvQ==

My damage right now is insane.. I basically 1 or 2 shots everyone, except for rares and bosses.

4.5k damage with hatred and ash.

3.2k hp

All resist capped.

Awesome build, thanks.
Last edited by Nazrak123 on Aug 24, 2014, 3:27:09 PM
Which bandits to help with this build?
IGN: Tjoen
I went with Oak, Oak, kill all
IGN Makimchi
"
i'm level 56 with this build and my thoughts:

the herald buffs are effective for the mana cost (both affect shockwave totem) and should be run until you're ready to think about an aura setup. afaik there's no reason to level herald of ash since only attacks will proc the overkill ignite and you won't be doing much overkill anyway

i ran flameblast while leveling and picked up the shadow nodes first, then respecced all the way back to Coordination and got ancestral bond once i was close enough to. i was lucky enough to get geofri's crest and cloak of defiance so i don't feel like i'm wanting for hp right now.

bosses can be a bit of a grind but using smart positioning of the totems to keep them pingponging or knocked into a wall at least makes them safe. i've got EK w/ trap, point blank, and phys projectile because quite frankly i don't know what i should be using as a main trap and it feels very weak. i'd love recommendations on what i should be using as a filler spell--not that it's entirely necessary right now with the amount of pain the totems dish.

Physical Projectile Attack Damage doesn't affect Ethereal Knives as it is a Spell. Try Added Fire Damage instead.
"
Tjoen wrote:
Which bandits to help with this build?

yeah you could do all Oak or then 2x oak and kill all depending if you like enducharges (I typically use them)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info