Why do people not want to haggle?

"
profeetta wrote:
I want to use my time on playing the game not haggling with some morons.

so you trading with yourself? let me explain it to you: you're doing it wrong.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
See, from a seller's perspecitve, I'd rather sell an item for a lower price than insist on a fixed price and not sell at all. Like this, I can quickly accumulate currency and buy upgrades for my character real fast, instead of having stuff rot in my stash and sit on a poorly-equipped character. Therefore, to me, haggling is a huge opportunity to quickly progress in a new league.

From a buyer's perspective, I usually never pay a fixed price unless it happens to be the same amount I'm actually willing to spend. If I can't get a reasonable price, I simply move on and find someone to sell it cheaper. People who insist on fixed prices and get upset when you try to haggle, just hurt themselves and their progression. To me, trading is not about ego, but about upgrading my gear effectively. And haggling is a very useful tool.

It's also very much about supply and demand, however. I recently bought a rathpith globe in the 1MHC race, which was somewhere between 3-4 ex at that time. I haggled the guy down to 1 ex 30c, because it had bad rolls and there were enough rathpiths with good rolls around. It's totally win-win, I got my rathpith and he got a bunch of currency to further invest. Going "Nuuh uhhh, price is fixed u lowballer nub" would have been a bad decision regarding the market situation at that time.

So basically, to me, trading in PoE in general is pretty much about putting your ego aside and focus on being effective. That's especially true when it comes to haggling.
Because peoeple who haggle always want to rip you off!

"
Reje wrote:

Spoiler
"
"
Reje wrote:

Next time put your images in a spoiler tag please, because some of us are reading the forum via phone.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
[Removed by Support]
Well, i won't be reading threads created by you anymore. Not that they are worth it anyways.

Now to find a way to ignore regular posts as well...
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Well, i won't be reading threads created by you anymore. Not that they are worth it anyways.

Now to find a way to ignore regular posts as well...

Lets barter for it!
Why do you feel entitled to an always lower price?
In Game Name: RIP_DEEPS
IGN RIP_DEEPS
"
[Removed by Support]

what the hell did you post here to get that probation on ur head lol.

Don't ban him ggg, he's so annoying I start liking it lol
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info