Why do people not want to haggle?

firm price is definately better, neither the seller and buyer are losing time to haggle.
IGN TylordRampage
"
ogorhan wrote:
Is the other way then better? Say if the buyer did not set a price and you ask how much and then the predicted response of "offer" comes and then what? You offer too low and told to gtfo or plain ignored or offer too high and get ripped off, assuming this is when you dont know how much the item you are buying costs. But then again if no one would set prices how would you even know in the first place of how much its worth?

Haggling would be possible if the seller just mentioned a estimate of a price and then you could haggle about it and either buy it or not.

And another reason is people just want to buy the things they need quickly and not waste time haggling for an item so they pay up.

I dont usually trade but if I did I'd wish that chaos and exalts would not be the only trade currenty in the market for mid to high end items.

Thats exactly the wrong mentality here. There is no "worth" to anything other than the one you or someone else thinks it has. I could sell wisdom scrolls for 100 ex each if someone would buy them so be it, there is no "ripping off" in a barter based "economy".

I dont play the trading game for one reason: People who think their item is the holy grail and worth their 10 ex or 100 ex. It doesnt even make sense as those ex arent being used at times but just resold for other orbs and items.

I rather trade for orbs im using instead of orbs im going to be trading away anyways.

Thats why an AH would be bad btw, people look at it as a price checker which it isnt because items on an AH are not the ones that sell for those prices but the ones that didnt sell at all.

Put 1 wisdom scroll for 100 ex on xyz for example and then let others see it and price theirs the same way. Is it worth that much for you? No.

AH and trading games are bad, barter and farming games are fun in moderation. I have 90% of my fun lvling and slaying monsters.
"
Or better yet, why do people need set prices for everything?

Unable to make up your mind what something is worth? Why go through the trouble of letting others tell you what your items are worth when you could just trade for the orb you currently need the most? When others tell you its worth 10 ex and you try to sell it for that price and you dont find any buyers, do you say "game is dead" or "why does no one buy anything"?

I dont like the trading game but i sure as hell do like to barter once in a while when its really necessary or i just want a specific gem or orb or item and dont want to quest all the way to it or wait for rng to come knocking.

heyho,

thats called captitalism, its everywere in rl and vl, even it is part of rl, the vl =)
so its part, especllay of a game like this.

im not free of that too, we all were born in this fucked up system... ^^
so were are part of it. But its always nice too see people out from everywere in the world thinking in the same way, and trying to act a ohter way.
And yeah, im here wanting to have fun , kill monsters, more and more, in hope some cool stuff drops. I give a damn @ ur 350 mirrored exalt dagger or whatever (:

That doesn`t mean i hate trade.
Trade is part of life, it has always been and always will be. But sometimes (playing poe since ca- half a year) some people just play TOE, Trade of Exile, lol =D, thinking they are coolest, cause they are "rich"

u know what, ur hard cool fresh and fucker ? i`m also hard cool fresh and fucker, brother

and hey i bought some stuff to and trade orbs and so on, but me and the seller or buyer, turn it like u want, were happy with the "price" i hope ( i be )

so like the ts said or some others, think, what its worth too u, not what others or xyz, say, its a guide to orientate , no must.

just my 50 cent..

greetz SirJ

p.s. i spend about 60$ for GGG, to geht some stash tabs, a green searing bond..., and i really liked to do that, cause i think and hope GGG trys to act in a different way then other capitalsim companys, great support also =)
...your mom told ur, everything has it`s price ? pass me ur mom`s phone number^^
Capitalism has no problems, it is the problem Ò_ó
Last edited by SirJoghurt on Jul 27, 2014, 2:33:52 PM
"

AH and trading games are bad, barter and farming games are fun in moderation. I have 90% of my fun lvling and slaying monsters.

That's your opinion. People enjoy different things. Personally I don't enjoy trading in this game one bit. 100% of my fun with the game is spent either killing monsters or thinking about how to build my character.
"
carkasjak wrote:
"

That's your opinion. People enjoy different things. Personally I don't enjoy trading in this game one bit. 100% of my fun with the game is spent either killing monsters or thinking about how to build my character.

Exactly but so many people think an AH would make it easier while it wouldnt be the case at all and bartering for a gem here and there isnt bad at all.

Even i did it a couple of days ago when i wanted my tri ele witch's setup done. Paid, 1 gcp a fusing and i think 2 jeweler for a reduced mana. I got what i wanted, someone else got something for it and everyones happy.

On an AH i probably wouldnt have had any luck, all i would look at would be a few chaos on all gems i would want and none would be affordable, bartering makes it possible to always find a middle or say no thx i ask someone else.

People need to stop being rude to one another when it comes to bartering, not everyone who comes up with a low offer is "low balling", some people just dont play the trading game or farm all day to have 10 ex or whatever.

People need to also just give away stuff instead of always asking for something in return. I give away items once in a while for no reason than to help others out because everything thats being sold is for "endgame" anyways, no one ever trades low and mid level items so i give them away. Sometimes i even get something in return, which always surprises me a bit.
Stop with the hippie talk please.

Either way, smart traders are willing to haggle. They overprice their items so that:

If you want to haggle then they just reduce the price to what they originally wanted for the item.

Or, you dont haggle and they get more than they wanted.

The tricky part is to recognise the smart from the not so smart ones, since the latter will just call you names and lose you as a customer.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Because haggling is an asinine waste of my time. Because human interaction with strangers on the internet is not even close to what I consider to be enjoyable-- Because said strangers watched an episode of Pawn Stars and now think they are the shining paragon of capitalism. Because I'd rather spend that time playing the game. Because haggling adds nothing but frustration to my gaming experience. Because this is 2014. Because, because, because, because because.... because of the wonderful wiz he was.

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Stop with the hippie talk please.

Either way, smart traders are willing to haggle. They overprice their items so that:

If you want to haggle then they just reduce the price to what they originally wanted for the item.

Or, you dont haggle and they get more than they wanted.

The tricky part is to recognise the smart from the not so smart ones, since the latter will just call you names and lose you as a customer.

thanks for that brilliant tip(s), the hippie says

...your mom told ur, everything has it`s price ? pass me ur mom`s phone number^^
Capitalism has no problems, it is the problem Ò_ó
if you try to haggle you are just annoying to me
i really hate the but but but i only have 3c iam so poor blah...do i care ?

if i have a popular item like geofries in a new league for example or cwdt or echo i dont need to give discount because 10 other player stand in line to buy the item

right now i have an itemlevel 53 6l es based without a buyout on poexyz the amount of 12-15c offer i get during a day......dude take my 12c its only itemlevel53 you can be happy if someone offers anything for it and shit like that
my favorite is 5l is 5c poexyz so 6l is bit more so...9c

https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Simple, really.

If you don't want to buy something for a price, someone else will.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info