Why do people not want to haggle?

Or better yet, why do people need set prices for everything?

Unable to make up your mind what something is worth? Why go through the trouble of letting others tell you what your items are worth when you could just trade for the orb you currently need the most? When others tell you its worth 10 ex and you try to sell it for that price and you dont find any buyers, do you say "game is dead" or "why does no one buy anything"?

I dont like the trading game but i sure as hell do like to barter once in a while when its really necessary or i just want a specific gem or orb or item and dont want to quest all the way to it or wait for rng to come knocking.

Side question: What do people mean with endgame?

To me, there is no endgame, the entire game is the endgame. I play for fun and when it stops being fun i play something else until i find it fun again. Like monopoly. You dont play monopoly everyday all day either, do you? No, you play until youre done and someone won or until you dont want to play anymore and you play again when you think it would be fun to do so.
Because people do not want to deal with other people at all. The less interaction, the better.

Edit: To be more specific, people are only willing to deal with strangers on their own terms. This is why soloing is so popular.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Jul 27, 2014, 1:24:08 PM
because haggling is pretty much a dead art, they just don't have a clue how.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
yo yo yo yo yooooo 70 ex on dat kaoms heart bro

seller: sorry bro poe xyz says it's 100 ex+++

oki oki how about 80?

noob why u low balling me?

90?

ur a noob get outa ma face

105?

wat
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Probably because if they haggle they might not get as much as they wanted? If they just say 'this much or gtfo' its a lot simpler.
IGN
I am always willing to haggle and barter with people. Wish this would happen more often.
Haggling works on the principle that there are limited numbers of buyers and sellers, and incomplete information to work with.

It's the internet. There's no reason to haggle if there's someone out there willing to pay what you're asking.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Haggling works on the principle that there are limited numbers of buyers and sellers, and incomplete information to work with.

It's the internet. There's no reason to haggle if there's someone out there willing to pay what you're asking.

This logic certainly applies to a lot of items in standard, but supply/demand can vastly fluctuate in leagues, and especially HC ones.

I don't mind haggling for obscure items that don't really have an obvious market, but when you're dealing with dime a dozen dual/tri res life gear or whatever, it's just not worth the effort to save a a chaos or two rather than just scooping up something with a buyout.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Is the other way then better? Say if the buyer did not set a price and you ask how much and then the predicted response of "offer" comes and then what? You offer too low and told to gtfo or plain ignored or offer too high and get ripped off, assuming this is when you dont know how much the item you are buying costs. But then again if no one would set prices how would you even know in the first place of how much its worth?

Haggling would be possible if the seller just mentioned a estimate of a price and then you could haggle about it and either buy it or not.

And another reason is people just want to buy the things they need quickly and not waste time haggling for an item so they pay up.

I dont usually trade but if I did I'd wish that chaos and exalts would not be the only trade currenty in the market for mid to high end items.
Closed Beta Member.
offer

Spoiler
yeah, so much fun this "economy" is.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info