EXPANSION Mystery solved!

"
As much as I would love this, it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm leaning towards the Wraeclast legends theory.

This.

As much as I would love alternative gender for the different classes I don't the picture of the figures representing that. The second silhouetted figure to the right is obviously Lady Dialla.
Last edited by mouhanad on Jul 24, 2014, 10:07:18 AM
The expansion might be a focus on the "good", or at least the "once good"? I don't know, but I love the background.
Too big for a mini-expansion, I think. It'd be more fitting as a nice bullet point for a full expansion.

I agree with the others saying that these are more likely to be lore characters. Maybe their weapons are clues: Storm Cloud (Race version), Marohi Erqi, Ungil's Gauche, Aurumvorax... Can't really make anything out of the ones on the far right though.

One of those silhouettes does resemble Dialla though.
Last edited by D623932883 on Jul 24, 2014, 10:18:52 AM
"
ampdecay wrote:
"
Do_odle wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:
To me it more looks like (from left to right):

Hyrri, ?, Marohi, Maligaro/Doedre, Dialla, Daresso.

You're on to something, However, I believe

Maligaro is almost definitely on the far right. It appears like he's holding three swords but the one at his wrist is very similar to Maligaro's Spike.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Maligaro's_Spike

Also, The character on the right side of the current PoE background is Maligaro. Or atleast someone who dresses exactly like him.
http://steamtradingcards.wikia.com/wiki/File:Path_of_Exile_Card_04.png

The shoulder pads/arm covers give him away, also the design on his belt is exactly the same.

My guess is that it's all the previous thaumaturgists and Lady Dialla.
There have been 6 noteable Thamaturgists in Wraeclast History and there are 6 shadows in that countdown graphic, excluding Dialla...
Dialla had a special relationship with Malachai, so that kinda makes her "part of the group" if not the cause of their ~Resurrection~ WHAT A TWIST.. I mean ribbon spool.. O. O

From Left to Right..

Doryani
Piety (Vinia)
Malachai
Doedre
Shavronne
Lady Dialla
Maligaro

my bets are on this

One of the daresso items labels him as a king of swords or something, I'd put my bets on the far right guy being him.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
I like the Wraeclast Legends thing except that Chris seems adamant that Kaom has nothing to do with this expansion, and the likely lineup of Legends is Kaom, Hyrri, Daresso/Lioneye, Maligaro/Malachai, Voll, Doedre/Shavronne/Diala without a real second contender for Marauder beside maybe Meginord.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Jul 24, 2014, 10:30:24 AM
"
AllisonW wrote:

"
leto2626 wrote:
Better not be true, so much work for modeling all the gear for 0 gameplay ?

I don't imagine it'll be an expansion theme, but like darkjoy said, GGG has already said they want to do it. Are you just disapproving of the idea that it'd be the whole theme of the expansion (which I can understand), or are you angry that they actually plan to do it some point at all? Because it's already on their to-do list and my wallet is ready.

Well I assume if they ever going to do it they should do it asap yeah. I just hope this won't be the theme of 1.2 :p Would be cool if we had to liberate them or something, x amount of that type of char has to complete some quest or something ;)
"
leto2626 wrote:
"
AllisonW wrote:

"
leto2626 wrote:
Better not be true, so much work for modeling all the gear for 0 gameplay ?

I don't imagine it'll be an expansion theme, but like darkjoy said, GGG has already said they want to do it. Are you just disapproving of the idea that it'd be the whole theme of the expansion (which I can understand), or are you angry that they actually plan to do it some point at all? Because it's already on their to-do list and my wallet is ready.

Well I assume if they ever going to do it they should do it asap yeah. I just hope this won't be the theme of 1.2 :p Would be cool if we had to liberate them or something, x amount of that type of char has to complete some quest or something ;)

They'll probably be MTX. They'd require a lot of monetary investment and this game survives on MTX.

Now what I could see is them being worked into an expansion or mini-expansion storyline somehow--that'd be cool--but I don't think they'd be the central focus of it and I imagine they'll still be MTX in any case.
Much as I would love gender switch for the classes I am also not inclined to think that is the main theme. It could still be part of the expansion (I hope for that but somehow doubt it) I think GGG said somewhere that it was something they would like to have at one point.
What you call female Templar is actually lady Dialla, i think your theory is wrong....

"
GrimReaperzZ wrote:
What you call female Templar is actually lady Dialla, i think your theory is wrong....

I agree, it looks like Dialla's body armor on that char.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info