EXPANSION Mystery solved!

"
Mannoth wrote:
To me it more looks like (from left to right):

Hyrri, ?, Marohi, Maligaro/Doedre, Dialla, Daresso.

You're on to something, However, I believe

Maligaro is almost definitely on the far right. It appears like he's holding three swords but the one at his wrist is very similar to Maligaro's Spike.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Maligaro's_Spike

Also, The character on the right side of the current PoE background is Maligaro. Or atleast someone who dresses exactly like him.
http://steamtradingcards.wikia.com/wiki/File:Path_of_Exile_Card_04.png

The shoulder pads/arm covers give him away, also the design on his belt is exactly the same.

My guess is that it's all the previous thaumaturgists and Lady Dialla.
There have been 6 noteable Thamaturgists in Wraeclast History and there are 6 shadows in that countdown graphic, excluding Dialla...
Dialla had a special relationship with Malachai, so that kinda makes her "part of the group" if not the cause of their ~Resurrection~ WHAT A TWIST.. I mean ribbon spool.. O. O

From Left to Right..

Doryani
Piety (Vinia)
Malachai
Doedre
Shavronne
Lady Dialla
Maligaro

Last edited by Do_odle on Jul 24, 2014, 7:04:43 AM
All I see is a Dragon behind the first character...
Exile 4 life.

"No need to describe fishing in detail, just hint at it."
~Chris 2014
"
masuo112 wrote:
All I see is a Dragon behind the first character...

They teased flying mobs already. Ledge got those little nests for a reason. ;)

And why do people always make false assumptions like the OP here? people were wrong about invasion and ambush, so very very wrong. Its not opposite gendered version that would be dumb and not even fit the arpg style as its ROLE PLAYING, so role play into the opposite gender. Games like D3 and WoW have ruined that immersion feeling about specific genders and background info.

This expansion will probably delve into some people backstory, as others have mentioned here.
Better not be true, so much work for modeling all the gear for 0 gameplay ?
"
Do_odle wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:

Maligaro is almost definitely on the far right. It appears like he's holding three swords but the one at his wrist is very similar to Maligaro's Spike.

Also, The character on the right side of the current PoE background is Maligaro. Or atleast someone who dresses exactly like him.

The shoulder pads/arm covers give him away, also the design on his belt is exactly the same.

There have been 6 noteable Thamaturgists in Wraeclast History and there are 6 shadows in that countdown graphic, excluding Dialla...
Dialla had a special relationship with Malachai, so that kinda makes her "part of the group" if not the cause of their ~Resurrection~ WHAT A TWIST.. I mean ribbon spool.. O. O

From Left to Right..

Doryani
Piety (Vinia)
Malachai
Doedre
Shavronne
Lady Dialla
Maligaro

my bets are on this
S L O W E R
I hope we have really new content and mainly new maps for high leveled players.
If we have only new gender for classes and some new revamped bosses it would be very frustrating.
IGN: Fenix_de_fogo_e_gelo, Periguetescion, Ravvengar or Powerangger
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/379503
Last edited by mtulio_2000 on Jul 24, 2014, 9:14:56 AM
"
Kranyum wrote:
😂 lol
if this is it, then it's pretty shit.
the hard core game wannabe turning into even more of a pansy pants show. wings weren't enough

so is it being able to pick your character's gender that you think is a "pansy pants show" or is it just the part about the female genderswap MTX that you think are a "pansy pants show"

I'm not a fan of the wings either, and don't use any of those MTX. I'm not even a big fan of things like pets or the in-your-face high-end weapon effects and favour the subtler ones like the azure weapon effects I have on my arcer's wands right now. But I would happily get my wallet out for genderswap MTX.

"
leto2626 wrote:
Better not be true, so much work for modeling all the gear for 0 gameplay ?

I don't imagine it'll be an expansion theme, but like darkjoy said, GGG has already said they want to do it. Are you just disapproving of the idea that it'd be the whole theme of the expansion (which I can understand), or are you angry that they actually plan to do it some point at all? Because it's already on their to-do list and my wallet is ready.

"
Do_odle wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:

From Left to Right..

Doryani
Piety (Vinia)
Malachai
Doedre
Shavronne
Lady Dialla
Maligaro

I don't think that's quite it--I'm not seeing the same lineup of thaumaturgists that you are, and I also think that thing that you think is Maligaro's Spike is just some pole stuck in the ground--but this is still more likely than the OP's prediction.

"
And why do people always make false assumptions like the OP here? people were wrong about invasion and ambush, so very very wrong. Its not opposite gendered version that would be dumb and not even fit the arpg style as its ROLE PLAYING, so role play into the opposite gender. Games like D3 and WoW have ruined that immersion feeling about specific genders and background info.

This expansion will probably delve into some people backstory, as others have mentioned here.

So you think GGG already having said they want to do it at some point being dumb. Also, you think that WoW letting you make your own character instead of giving you a pre-defined one is dumb. You don't even seem to realise that the original role-playing games--which were on pen and paper--let you make your own character and that yes, you could pick their gender. For that matter, you could even make up their background yourself! And yet by your definition the games that created the role-playing genre aren't role-playing at all.

I'm glad that you have absolutely no say in the developmental process.

"
mtulio_2000 wrote:
I hope we have really new content and mainly new maps for high leveled players.
If we have only new gender for classes and some new revamped bosses it would be very frustrating.

Scuttlebutt is that the new expansion is aimed at all players and not just level 90+ Atziri farmers. Sorry to burst your bubble. That said yes I want new content too and not just MTX and some revamps, but I don't at all mind the new content being aimed at both players who are Atziri farmers and those who are not Atziri farmers.

...Seriously, though, so much hate towards the idea of genderswap MTXes. I was only planning on buying four, but I might have to buy more than that when they happen just to spite some people/show GGG my appreciation. It's not like GGG isn't constantly making new MTX alongside their creation of non-MTX content, given that MTX are what pay for the game.
Last edited by AllisonW on Jul 24, 2014, 9:53:25 AM
"
CEMEHbl4 wrote:
Congratz! I have solved the mistery about new expansion!
I am feeling like i am a hero...
so...

THE EXPANSION THEME IS:

FEMALE & CHAR THEME

Maybe also new HD textures for chars, new weapon and armor skins, new types of weapon etc

pretty cool stuff... :)

No, because male Scion, with all that dialog... just NO.
Although the backstory about murdering "his" husband takes on an amusing aspect. But, still, no.

New weapons would be nice, however.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
Last edited by Varana on Jul 24, 2014, 9:45:44 AM
As much as I would love this, it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm leaning towards the Wraeclast legends theory.
"
Varana wrote:
"
CEMEHbl4 wrote:
Congratz! I have solved the mistery about new expansion!
I am feeling like i am a hero...
so...

THE EXPANSION THEME IS:

FEMALE & CHAR THEME

Maybe also new HD textures for chars, new weapon and armor skins, new types of weapon etc

pretty cool stuff... :)

No, because male Scion, with all that dialog... just NO.
Although the backstory about murdering "his" husband takes on an amusing aspect. But, still, no.

New weapons would be nice, however.

Honestly I'm not sure that the scion being so chatty compared to the other classes is by design rather than just a side effect of the scion's dialogue having presumably been written/acted later than other classes' dialogue, honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if when Act 4--or any other content in which new dialogue lines are being created for player characters--happens all the classes are about equally chatty in it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info