Why i will not be returning to path of exile ever again. (I assume this is feed back GGG wants?)

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
And if you don't like the flavor of this particular "brand" you have others that may suit your taste.

Except GGG has proved willing to proved optional "flavors" for players. Like Permanent loot allocation. Or HC 1-month league after announcing SC only.

So it's reasonable for players to ask for optional "flavors", like alternate rules leagues.

No...not really, all they have done with the 1 month leagues is add a HC tag and segregate players ,it effects the game not at all

Permanent loot would have been down to a vote with the developers after reading the feed back, if the devs really liked the idea of ffa looting they wouldn't have changed it, obviously there were enough of the devs that felt as the players did that the idea for perma allocation was added.

And even then the whole custom league thing, which has always been something that's on the horizon won't be easier than the base game i'd seriously doubt there would be an increase in drops...everything the have said is really an adaption of the 4 month leagues rolled into a custom one for you...it's only going to ever make it more challenging...never going to be made a loot filled monster pinata league

GGG has stated they like "loot tension" so providing Permanent loot allocation goes against their own statement "the game they would like to play". The precedence is there.

And it's been shown that trading makes the game EASIER. Having, say, a self found league would make the game harder, even with increased dropped rates.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Veruski wrote:

the irony of this post is that PoE already has a 100% linear item progression system, especially if you are rich.

i'm repeating myself because it's an incredibly straightforward design feature of PoE. i don't know what part you aren't understanding.

Maybe we mean different things. PoE's drop system isn't anything like the one RoS has, not sure where you see the similarities.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jul 15, 2014, 1:58:47 PM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
RNG is the salt in every ARPG soup. Without salt it tastes bland, just like RoS.

Nice signature.

T-thanks *blush*
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:

the irony of this post is that PoE already has a 100% linear item progression system, especially if you are rich.

i'm repeating myself because it's an incredibly straightforward design feature of PoE. i don't know what part you aren't understanding.

Maybe we mean different things. PoE's drop system isn't anything like the one RoS has, not sure where you see the similarities.

Linear item progression, as in a straight upgrade path from worst -> best with little opportunity for choice or thought.

You know....Exactly like PoE itemization.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
You suggest that you want changes so that "items will be less random better rare drops" - could you perhaps expand on what you mean by this? Particularly the "less random" part - I suspect you actually want less variance in the random results, rather than them not actually being random, but I don't want to make unwarranted assumptions.

No, Mark.

Believe it or not, people actually want the game to be less random.

That's right -- they don't want less variance across the dozens of layers of RNG. They want less layers overall.

The best example that comes to mind is the midnight/hope system.

Less variance would mean making those systems drop those objects more commonly, or more consistently.

Less randomness would be removing random layers altogether.

Do you understand the difference?
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 15, 2014, 2:10:04 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:

Linear item progression, as in a straight upgrade path from worst -> best with little opportunity for choice or thought.

You know....Exactly like PoE itemization.

See, we mean different things. I mean drop system, you mean itemization.
"

I will return every now and again to report posts i feel are flaming me out right for no reason and maybe comment to serious players who are concerned like i am.

=
"
I will return every now and again to report posts that disagree with me and maybe comment to posts that agree with me

I didn't read all responses here so it might be already said, but you are basically complaining that someone got tabula rasa at the beginning of 1 month race and you didn't, which means you are unable to compete because your rng sucks?
Daamn you are funny :D

"
best items you must trade in chat 12+ hours a day to even get those mirror worthy items / legacy uniques.

Another player whos game experience is ruined by other players having better gear. Also thinking he needs to have "mirror worthy" items (what does that even mean? only several - like literally - players have mirror worthy items) or legacy uniques to play this game.
just want to comment on Mark's post:

it may be tough for you to realize, some players don't want "lucky" drops.
well, they do - but only if most drops are otherwise "earned".

risk/reward (or "risk and reward" or "risk vs reward") is a concept that is based on loot from challenge, and often encourages players to take tougher challenges to "earn" incrementally better loot.
it is a guiding principle in most RPGs - "Action" and not - and one which is almost entirely lacking from Path Of Exile.

there have been literally countless threads and posts about that - not just by me - but you guys seem to ignore everything, so you ignored those too.

personally, I would get mad if some random rock drops me some crazy rare, high orb, or top-notch unique.
I would, because I'll know it's the same exact system at work, which made me drop utter trash from some rare monster that's deadly for my build, or from beating an insane boss while under-leveled and/or under-geared.

a system of virtual dice, that does not give a damn about player skill, dedication, determination or will to take risks, nor encourages any of it.
what it does encourage, is mindless, boring 1000000x repeated grind.
one that favours botting and ways to bypass it (such as trade and RMT) above all else.

luck, should only be a nice bonus rather than a defining feature.

but I don't need to tell you this, GGGuys.
you are not stupid. this system, is here for a reason.
and please don't pretend you are hearing this for the first time, because I'm not an idiot either, nor are the rest of the people playing this game.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 15, 2014, 4:11:23 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

... we all get unlucky...

well said , well said

im feelin like a masochist when i try to hope for a good drop
IGN : Sir_Big
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Agree with Shags. This just isn't the game for you, and there's nothing wrong with that. The reasons you like D3, are the exact reasons I don't. And that's fine.

Although I will say, luck exists in both games.

E: and why didn't you want this moved out of GD? It's clearly feedback.

because this is dead forum

today is 15th right?
i can see on the bottom of feedback post listing 2 posts from 13th

'in feedback no one can hear you scream'
This is where threads get seen by devs, not general discussion. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of you being upset at your thread being moved to feedback when you explicitly identified it as being feedback in the thread title. It clearly belongs here, because it is feedback.
For you to post a thread in GD which you clearly identify yourself as feedback, indicating it's in the wrong place, and then go on to say in your post that if it's moved to the correct location this will somehow "confirm your fears about their game" doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what upsets you about someone getting a Tabula Rasa. The driving point of these games is the hope to get a lucky drop, and I don't see how that's possible at all to have that if people can't actually get a lucky drop, which unless I'm mistaken, seems to be what happened that you're complaining about.

You suggest that you want changes so that "items will be less random better rare drops" - could you perhaps expand on what you mean by this? Particularly the "less random" part - I suspect you actually want less variance in the random results, rather than them not actually being random, but I don't want to make unwarranted assumptions.

Mark really, can we get an answer on why there is such an insistence on so much randomness in the rewards? It seems you guys then try to plug the gaps with 'economy' and trade2win. I have a hard time understanding why you guys chose a system that is so harsh to the actual play experience. Furthermore you guys insist on uniques being the only items with interesting mods yet they never drop. Why don't you allow rares to have some interesting mods too? Why not let rares have an uncommon affix that lets a single affix be from a pool of generic and non-game breaking yet fun and interesting unique affixes? And why not let magic items have 3 affixes. How hard would it be to allow them to randomly have up to 2 prefixes or up to two suffixes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info